Old 09-30-2005, 09:10 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Awsome Lart!!
Thanks, actually my skills with corel photopaint are so poor. Anyway let's keep the thread on track. I don't want to upset anybody unless you guys want to see turboX and his ATV trailer?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:37 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Rolex: Have you had a change in heart? Is there a reason you are not going back to Lindsey Racing for further power upgrades? The reason I ask is from your posts earlier it seemed to me you were backing Lindsey and slamming Special Tool. I remember reading something like this in the "Letterman had a 951" thread:

Special: Repost it or give me the link. I want to see it. And I am going to pour concrete with you? Must be a thing where you live up there. Never heard that one, "son". Out of curiousity Special, how old are you? This should be a good one too.

And so you dont want to drive <chicken>, but would rather hide behind a car and do dyno pulls? LOL. Oh gee. Well, as I have said to someone else, any monkey with a zillion dollars can spend in on an engine and win the "bragging rights". But there is a huge difference in being able to drive.

So pick the day at Lime Rock, anyday.... And by the way when I do get a new MAF, I will do some runs, and then let the results speak for themselves.

Still waiting for that dyno sheet too. Let me see it. I want to start whole new thread on it, just in praise of your 24PSI pull! You are sooooo the man. Letterman would be so proud of you. Oh wait, that's right, Letterman only sponsors real drivers with talent, not "dyno masters". Sorry, I guess you're **** out of luck?

3.0L 8V - 461 RWHP & 406 TQ @18PSI on Pump Gas
Santa Claus Came Early & With Tons Of Awesome Goodies!!
Built by Lindsey Racing & Powered by Vitesse Racing
2003 - Land Rover Discovery: Daily Driver
Former IMSA GTP Pro Driver
My Car's Profile - updated site

I think that was before they got together, had a drink and became three amigos.
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2005, 09:56 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-30-2005, 09:58 PM
MR951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

??? SoloRacer why do you have RolexNJ's signature ???
Old 09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MR951
??? SoloRacer why do you have RolexNJ's signature ???
I dont think non members can have sig's, I think he just copied it in there to back up his comments.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:07 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

SoloRacer: I dont know who you are and the point of your post. Your uncalled for post adds no value to my thread, and doesnt have anything to do with the topic too. Do me a favor, if you have nothing positive to say, which it seems you don't, dont participate on this thread again. It would be ashame for me to close it due to someone like you and this behavior.

By the way, report sent to two mods!

Old 10-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Rolex
Welcome to the Bright Side
Wow
I don't check out the board for a few days and WOW
Regards
Ed
Just saw this
Good luck and be careful around the tool, I hear he gets a bit frisky when people are bending over cars.......
Old 10-01-2005, 01:10 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
SoloRacer: I dont know who you are and the point of your post. Your uncalled for post adds no value to my thread, and doesnt have anything to do with the topic too. Do me a favor, if you have nothing positive to say, which it seems you don't, dont participate on this thread again. It would be ashame for me to close it due to someone like you and this behavior.

By the way, report sent to two mods!

Don't worry about him it's most likely a troll, let's keep this thread positive.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:22 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
Don't worry about him it's most likely a troll, let's keep this thread positive.
Thanks for the gesture. And boy oh boy, your photos just crack me up like there is no tomorrow. Keep them coming!

Crazy Eddie: Nice to hear from ya, and thanks too. And you are right, don't bend over near ST, weird things may happen.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:25 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Thanks for the gesture. And boy oh boy, your photos just crack me up like there is no tomorrow. Keep them coming!

Crazy Eddie: Nice to hear from ya, and thanks too. And you are right, don't bend over near ST, weird things may happen.

I have a whole collection of pictures from Jim, maybe one day i will post them on another thread.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:42 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I leave for a few days and I miss four pages of this. Makes me warm and fuzzy all over that everyone is getting along. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. Congrats Rob. ST is a great guy to work on the car for you. I am really glad to know his garage is very nice and state of the art. Makes me feel better in case I decide to come up to visit. Depending on how your car comes out. I have a feeling it's going to come out way better than just with Lindsey. Can't wait to hear how it turns out...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:49 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
I leave for a few days and I miss four pages of this. Makes me warm and fuzzy all over that everyone is getting along. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. Congrats Rob. ST is a great guy to work on the car for you. I am really glad to know his garage is very nice and state of the art. Makes me feel better in case I decide to come up to visit. Depending on how your car comes out. I have a feeling it's going to come out way better than just with Lindsey. Can't wait to hear how it turns out...
My thoughts exactly! I read on the Lindsey Racing forum where Dave said Robs car was perfectly tuned etc, I have my doubts to be honest about that statement Dave made. Regardless, the new goodies will tell the story, but I think it wont really come alive till the Vitesse Turbo goes on. I think that Robs car is built for peak HP, ie. because of the intake manifold, headers, turbo choice, soild lifters etc. You can see that in the dyno chart quite easily. It will be interesting to see how a vendor with massive TQ curve goals matches with the cars inherient HP components. I think the turbo will be the biggest ride fell change. Though there is obvious HP left on the table in tuning, though I think its really more than tuning... bigger injectors, and a decent MAF should see you over 550WHP if you can run a little more boost. Not sure which controller you are using, but if its not working, just grab a bleed valve for tuning. I still am lost as to why the car left LR with 55lb injectors. Its not a flame or anything, its just thats the first thing you do when you want high HP, determine the fuel requirements and get products to match... which obviously JJ is doing now with the injectors and pump... heck if you can post pics of the fuel pump install Rob, I would be keen to see as at 354WHP, I am getting nervous about the reliability of the stock pump, even though I am SURE there is 400WHP in it. Its just a part relying on voltage for flow and 19 years old makes me nervous. I think I might give John a call and get a pump... (that sounds so very wrong).
Old 10-01-2005, 02:55 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Can we?
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2005, 03:34 AM
ApexCars
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think y'all misunderstood SoloRacers first post. Everything after "Letterman had a 951" thread, is supposed to be a quote from Rolex's post in another thread. He wasn't attacking anyone, just asking why the switch from Lindsey to Vitesse.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:53 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I actually didnt know about that thread for those looking here it is

\https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=Letterman+951

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool