Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:28 AM
mods951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel tank

The other day my car started to stutter like you were stalling even though i was at 3k in 2nd. It wouldnt hold a steady idle and so i put a 2gallons in and the car ran fine. So then i went and put another 14gallons in. I know i was on the reserve but if im figuring right i should still have had 5 gallons left. What do you think is wrong. I was thinking its just gunked up and cant suck the rest out. I going to try and use chevron techron fuel cleaner maybe it will clean it up some but has anyone else ever had this problem? I dont know if the previous owners ever took it to the reserve could that be the problem? Other than that the car runs great changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor. Any help would be nice. Also i just ordered a boostsciences reflex divertor valve and was wondering how loud it really is?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't figure out your math, but are you implying the fuel system got clogged because you ran out of fuel?

I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of it. Any sediment that would be disturbed would go the the fuel filter, so that's the best place to start. You probably need one anyway.

What's the purpose of the divertor valve?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:40 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Cool

Originally Posted by Peckster
I can't figure out your math, but are you implying the fuel system got clogged because you ran out of fuel?

I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of it. Any sediment that would be disturbed would go the the fuel filter, so that's the best place to start. You probably need one anyway.

What's the purpose of the divertor valve?
yes it could have.

i tested the old 84944 fuel lite, which wasn't hooked up and the bulb was bad and ended up barely getting home with all the garbage that was sucked into the fuel filter on my little test.

changing out the filter had me back on the road.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:03 PM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

just happened to my son. He ran out of fuel and clogged the filter. New filter, he is as good as new.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:22 AM
mods951
Instructor

I dont think i explained right. Basically what i was trying to say was that i had another 6 gallons left but couldnt use it. But after i filled up the car runs fine no problems at all. Maybe this will help. The diverter valve is a bypass valve that boostsciences sells and i was wondering how loud it is. Should u here the stock bypass valve cause i never really here it. Sorry i didnt explain correctly.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:54 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Question

Originally Posted by mods951
I dont think i explained right. Basically what i was trying to say was that i had another 6 gallons left but couldnt use it. But after i filled up the car runs fine no problems at all. Maybe this will help. The diverter valve is a bypass valve that boostsciences sells and i was wondering how loud it is. Should u here the stock bypass valve cause i never really here it. Sorry i didnt explain correctly.
i just went to the bs site and can't figure out what this valve is supposed to do and where it goes.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:31 AM
mods951
Instructor

Its the blow off valve for the car. But it isnt actually a bov since our cars dont release the pressure into the atmosphere. I think on our cars they are called bypass valves. Heres the link to the site http://www.boostsciences.com/reflex.html
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 AM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

terminology. these cars do have bov's but you're talking about the fuel system, right, thats where you started this post.

still don't know where this goes. the site doesn't say, just that everyone needs one and please send $129.

Old 09-20-2005, 02:13 AM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

I have the relex valve and you cannot here it at all, sounds just like the stock one. The may be different if you are running higher than normal boost.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:24 AM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

where is it?

Quick Reply: fuel tank