Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB 951 bra

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTB 951 bra

Anyone got one that'll fit an '86 951 with the headlight washers? I keep getting the same old song & dance from vendors about them being backordered and I'm sick of waiting. I need to cover up those fugly stone chips until I can get a new nose on the car - it's driving me nuts!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Stefan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wear the chips with pride ... It shows she's not a garage queen !

I've had bras for other cars and they always wind up on my garage wall more than on the car. They're just too much work to deal with to keep clean.

Buy a ricer decal instead and paste that on
Old 08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
hammerwerfer
Racer

Yeah, the chips are supposed to be there. You earned those battle scars and they really make you look tougher, not like these poncy concours freaks.

I like both my cars and women braless.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Kelly Chiu
Racer

I have one locally, but not sure if I want to sell. Come on up to Pasadena and check it out mif you want. I don't know if it fits as the previous owner included it with the car, I never bothered putting it on.

If worse comes to worse use white out on the offending chips, it will look okay from a distance. You drive a white car.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:36 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I have a used one I would be happy to part with. PM me if you are interested.

Regards,
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM
schmedes1
Instructor

Default Counterpoint

I am a bra affecionado. Bought the front and mirror bras. I am a believer, but you do have to take it off and do the cleaning/maintenance frequently. Another forum is running a debate on the subject, and wanted to put the link here for your consideration...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=236476
Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Stefan
Racer

Default Clear coating?

Originally Posted by schmedes1
I am a bra affecionado. Bought the front and mirror bras. I am a believer, but you do have to take it off and do the cleaning/maintenance frequently. Another forum is running a debate on the subject, and wanted to put the link here for your consideration...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=236476
Good Link. I think they're onto the hiding scheme Oddly enough, I used my prelude bra more to hide the bad parts than to protect it. I gave up on the accord. It's just too much work to keep that thing clean. And even after 12 years, I almost have no chips. A big dent on the hood and a cracked windshield, but not many chips

'In my experience, a bra is a long term negative.
Even when used properly (well secured- minimal flapping at speed) they move a bit and when the inevitable dirt gets under them scratches result. A friend with a mint 930 found this out the hard way
Nowadays when I see a car with a removeable bra mounted I suspect that rather than protecting from it, they're creating (or possibly hiding) damage......'

I think some places have this clear coat plastic they can aplpy to the front. That sounds like a good idea. Keep your looks and protect the paint. Hopefully it peels off when it's time to refresh it.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When time/resources permit I'll get a new nose on the car and a nice fresh paint on it. For now I just want my Porsche to look like. . . well. . . A PORSCHE!!! Not something that looks like I took four-wheelin' through the stone quarry!

Once I get a new nose & fresh paint on it I'll get the clear protective stuff on it. I even have the vinyl bits for it already, just I got other things to worry about first.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
faithless
Pro

People that insist Porsche are SUPPOSED to be dirty and messed up should pull their head out of their ***... ty

Jeff:
I was about to buy a bra just a few days ago, but after a conversaiton with Sam Lin, I decided against. Apparently all car bras have dyes in the leather that can stain your paint if you let water get into it and bleed the dye. i.e. accidentally leave it in the rain. I certainly dont want that to happen, and for the amount of time I would use it, I just decided against dropping 100 bucks on something like that. I plan on avoiding concrete trucks & worker trucks as much as I can, and dealing without a bra on road trips. Leaving your bra on for a long time can also show paint fade marks too. Id just save the money for a front end respray... it wont cost that much... $1000 maybe?
Old 08-20-2005, 01:00 PM
mrwolfe
Advanced

Porsche-O-Phile-

I have a brand new leather Colgan Auto Bra (Black) that came from Perf Products that was bought for my '86 951 by the PO. It is still in the bag with instructions attached. At first glance, it does not appear to have washer holes in the bra (at least no mention anyways). However, would you really want that feature on leather anyways (given the chemicals that are in washer fluid, etc)? It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but you could try and swap it out with the folks at Perf Prod for one that has washer holes or do without that feature for the short-term. I personally will never use the bra as I am not into that look. PM me with an offer if you are interested. From looking on the Web site they look to sell for $110 new, however, I would be more interested in helping out a fellow Rennlister. Otherwise, I will either put it up on e-Bay or try calling Perf Prod myself for a credit. I will gladly provide pictures if needed.

PS Are you a fellow cyclist as well? Been to the tour yet?

MrWolfe

Quick Reply: WTB 951 bra