Assembling Tial kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Lin
The copper gaskets are made by SCE, Specialty Component Engineering, and are part # 4150, "Two Bolt 1.5" Waste Gate Gasket." They sell for around $11 each.

Sam

Edit: Just checked with my distributor, prices have gone up a tad since I bought mine. Edited to reflect the change.
You know of an online store that would have these ?? everyone I find that carry SCE gaskets, can't get the #4150.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
You know of an online store that would have these ?? everyone I find that carry SCE gaskets, can't get the #4150.
I spoke with SCE, they have "hundreds" in stock, and couldn't figure out why. A brief supplier search on their end found that they were not readily stocked. You can order direct from SCE, the cost is $4.99 each, or custom order from Summit @ $5.99 each. From either place, the shipping/handling charges will be more than the gasket itself.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken D
I spoke with SCE, they have "hundreds" in stock, and couldn't figure out why. A brief supplier search on their end found that they were not readily stocked. You can order direct from SCE, the cost is $4.99 each, or custom order from Summit @ $5.99 each. From either place, the shipping/handling charges will be more than the gasket itself.
Thanks, would not be the first time I have bought a cheap hard to find part and paid more for the shipping/handling than the part cost, since we need 2 gaskets maybe about 50/50 on charges.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for you guys... I've done about five Tials and on the first three I was able to easily drill out the holes (threads) for the adaptor plates. The last two I've done I've been tearing through bits like you wouldn't believe. Has tial changed something recently? It's like drilling out hardened steel?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:09 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I traced the new gaskets berfore install, how hard could they be to shear and punch out?
Old 09-30-2005, 04:17 AM
z3bra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Question for you guys... I've done about five Tials and on the first three I was able to easily drill out the holes (threads) for the adaptor plates. The last two I've done I've been tearing through bits like you wouldn't believe. Has tial changed something recently? It's like drilling out hardened steel?
The Tial webpage just says they're 347 stainless for the housings on all of them except the 46mm version which they say is a Nickel-Chromium-Iron material (So that's probably one of the Inconel type alloys or possibly A286 but A286 would probably have the iron listed first not last).

Are the bits that you're using possibly the part which has changed in material instead? (Doubtful but ya never know).

Quick Reply: Assembling Tial kit