Project started...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Project started...

Hi everyone,

As part of my project plan, I,m starting out by making sure the car is reliable for street use in order to do break in and know everything is functioning properly. The car license is renewed in August so I still have some time before putting it on the street.

When I brought it home from the docks i was going back and forth on the seat. Since the seat was loose, during the ride home I didn't notice that the pedal has a button at full throttle, no wonder it didn't spool, I was being pushed back by the loose seat . I fixed the Corbeau driver's seat on Sunday that needed some shimming between the replacement base and the seat itself in order for the mechanism to lock in place. I took it for a small illegal drive around with my wife along. Suddenly, WAIT, I PUSHED THE BUTTON! and ! I had this freaking smile on my face and my wife is laughing at it . Oh What a Feelin'!

Anyways, got it home and started doing the list. The car fealt lean on high revs since the boost gauge was reading 2bar. The boost line to the wastegate seemed fishy when I installed it back in Orlando, so I went shopping on Monday to buy a fuel pressure gauge in order to dial in the adjustable regulator, buy vacuum lines (venturi delete, only thing remaining),and searched for an EBC... and from 9 to 4 I was ~40 miles from home and did not find anything I liked. When i went home I stopped at my local raceshop and found the EBC and everything else! A lot of swimming to die on shore!

I bought the e-boost from Turbosmart. Any feedback would be nice if anybody has one. I'll need the solenoid anyways when I put in the ECU. Also ordered from Lindsey the updated/ venturi delete hoses. Hopefully arrive today. I installed the 38mm Tial wastegate (Wachuko sponsored) from SFR. Piece of cake, I love bolt-ons. I'll post the procedure just in case somebody needs it..

Just thought I should share these Kodak moments
Old 07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Dynamics
...Just thought I should share these Kodak moments
Kodak moments require photos... where are those?? Wastegate installed?? Where are the photos???
Old 07-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Sorry about that. I'm just setting up a PDF doc for the procedure in order to put all the pictures.

As an update, the Lindsey update kit for eliminting the hose just came in on Friday. Didn't order the fittings since I was going to use Laust's Vacuum Manifold(THANKS LAUST, REALLY RECOMMEND IT) and the Turbosmart's E-Boost (Great Toy). With the Tial allready installed I routed the new silicone hoses, eliminated the cruise control (pretty heavy), and installed the Turbosmart solenoid. I eliminated the venturi hoses (WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP), much cleaner under the manifold, and also put in the Bosch-like AFPR, fuel damper (leaking), and a K&N air filter. I haven't isolated the filter since I'm planning on a standalone ECU and will be eliminating the AFS/Jboot assembly. There are more important things right now for reliability.

My next step is to eliminate the catalyst, since it sound like a bolts in a broken EXPORT SODA can @ 3000rpm. Also I thought my exhaust leak was from a loose wastegate flange found during the dissassembly but when I fired it up it was still there. Apparently, I feel some air flow coming out through the 2 to 1 union heatshield of the crosspipe . That will be welded as well soon enough.

Here are a couple of pictures
Attached Images       
Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you give me some more details on the E-Boost's solenoid? It would be a great centerpiece to a DIY EBC system. I'm guessing its their own design and/or its pretty expensive. But if it has some commercially available part numbers on it, that would be sweet.

Eboost does look like a cool system. Congrats on getting it installed and working.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

This is a summary on the whole system
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_...46&detail=true
Turbosmart sells there solenoid as an "unstickable" one.
http://www.turbosmart.com.au/pdf/e-B...advantages.pdf

I've worked with Profec II's and I've seen about two of their selenoids not working properly.

I purchased my Eboost for 400 at a local racing store (Cronopio). They told me that the solenoid they could order it apart in the 1 hundred figures, but I really haven't looked into it that much.

I'll check out the manual when I get home to see if they have the spare parts page.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Dr. Dynamics
Sorry about that. I'm just setting up a PDF doc for the procedure in order to put all the pictures.

As an update, the Lindsey update kit for eliminting the hose just came in on Friday. Didn't order the fittings since I was going to use Laust's Vacuum Manifold(THANKS LAUST, REALLY RECOMMEND IT) and the Turbosmart's E-Boost (Great Toy). With the Tial allready installed I routed the new silicone hoses, eliminated the cruise control (pretty heavy), and installed the Turbosmart solenoid. I eliminated the venturi hoses (WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP), much cleaner under the manifold, and also put in the Bosch-like AFPR, fuel damper (leaking), and a K&N air filter. I haven't isolated the filter since I'm planning on a standalone ECU and will be eliminating the AFS/Jboot assembly. There are more important things right now for reliability.

My next step is to eliminate the catalyst, since it sound like a bolts in a broken EXPORT SODA can @ 3000rpm. Also I thought my exhaust leak was from a loose wastegate flange found during the dissassembly but when I fired it up it was still there. Apparently, I feel some air flow coming out through the 2 to 1 union heatshield of the crosspipe . That will be welded as well soon enough.

Here are a couple of pictures

You took it apart again!?? Looking good BTW if you eliminated the cruise control, go ahead and remove the cable as well...

Are you getting rid of the blower? You should... I don't think this car will ever see an A/C again.

Get a new damper or get rid of it... a fire due to that fuel leak is going to ruin the car...

Not sure if you knew... but I found the driver side rear view mirror... your dad is sending it in a few days.

I like what you did with the air filter while you do the stand alone system.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

The new damper is installed, it just appears in the lower pictures since it was mounted last.

"Not sure if you knew... but I found the driver side rear view mirror... your dad is sending it in a few days."

Great, no wonder people were honking their horns when I changed lanes!

I took it for a ...test drive/break-in drive/gas/EBC set-up/fun... last night (10.5psi for now). It was raining, punched it taking the 180 degree ramp leaving road #2 towards home, and MAN DOES IT COME OUT OF CORNERS HARD! My GT-S just burns rubber at the exit. TGRWD (Thank God for Rear Wheel Drive)
Old 07-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

I see you are working hard today...

How is the clutch holding up??? <I knew I should have installed a cup clutch...> I don't think the stock one will hold well...

Something I forgot to check... look under the car in the rear... the bolt that holds the shift linkage in place... it should have a wire thru it to avoid coming loose and loosing it... this is on the driver side, right on the tranny... can't remember if I put the wire in... just check to be safe...

Quick Reply: Project started...