Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wanted to fit in wih the conversation
Old 05-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Swagger93
Burning Brakes

I talked to this guy about 4 months ago because he was interested in the car I had for sale at the time, a needs-work '86 turbo; he lives only 9 miles from me. He said that he "had done the whole 2.8L stroker thing" in his car and was looking for another project. Overall, the guy seemed fairly straightforward and knowledable, and he gave me the same numbers.

I haven't gone much in-depth with the turning of my current 951, so I don't really know what is possible on what boost. The seller of this car was more or less having an enthusiast conversation with me after I pretty much told him that my car wasn't something that would even interest him, so he seemed pretty honest and talked about how much he loved the car. He didn't even mention that he wanted to sell it.

Oh well, it's a nice car nonetheless; any turbo with a 2.8 liter stroker is at least a decently quick automobile.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Overall, the guy seemed fairly straightforward and knowledable, and he gave me the same numbers.
The problem is, copying and pasting a dyno run from another website and pretending it's what he's selling is just plain wrong, serious misrepresentation. Top part was removed, and TONY name was blacked out the top, here's the original:

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-24-2005, 10:47 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swagger93
Oh well, it's a nice car nonetheless; any turbo with a 2.8 liter stroker is at least a decently quick automobile.
you're assuming that there is even a 2.8l in this car, the seller has lied about serveral things so far, you have no way of knowing if this is a 2.8l without taking it apart. buyer beware.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:47 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow!

Old 05-24-2005, 10:48 AM
special tool
Banned

That is a serious catch - nice
Old 05-24-2005, 11:01 AM
pk951
Burning Brakes

That looks like My Swiss dyno chart, only he made 415 whp nice catch is right.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
DivineE
Racer

Using someone else's dyno sheet!! Thats shocking and illegal but I must say in his defence (if he has any) his car might still be built to the spec he suggests?! Its possible that originally he saw that dyno sheet and posted it because his car is very similar and he wanted to demonstrate the sort of power his car is producing but didn't have a dyno sheet of his own? Maybe he just didn't think of the implications!?

Then again, if his car is a 2.8 I'd be very suprised if its never been on a dyno! Perhaps he is just a total BS!!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kit_Chris
The problem is, copying and pasting a dyno run from another website and pretending it's what he's selling is just plain wrong, serious misrepresentation. Top part was removed, and TONY name was blacked out the top, here's the original:

Regards,
Chris

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
That dyno chart is the exact same as TonyG's!!
That is what i said from post #6!!!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just read this whole thing. Been gone awhile. I'm not sure about this guys claims but I pull my numbers with only 52lb injectors. Also my exhaust is only 2 1/2 inch. My car is also more powerful as the motor has "set" even more since my last dyno. My crank is lightened by 16 lbs as well. He may have a Powerhaus crank as they are the only people I know that lighten it like that. It's all in the build and who built it. Do you really think he stole that dyno sheet? Rolex and Tool, I don't know why you guys are going at it so hard for second place...AHHHHH! Just playin'. I also think it is a big deal to have the experience as an IMSA pro driver. My car will take his but his driving would easily get a win over me in mine. Still waiting for lessons Rob.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:51 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

DFASTEST951: I was waiting to see where you were. Where did you go? I thought you may jump in on this one pal. And you are still waiting for those driving lessons? Dude, I am still waiting for those hot Vegas chicks to come my way in NJ?

Now, regarding second place. Well, as it is right now, you are still the King of the 951s baby, so keep savoring it. I don't know who's in second per say at this point. But, I would venture to say that I must be up there somewhere, especially on pump gas too?

And there is another thread called "Prom-m" is back. Well guess what? I am working on something right now as we speak. And if it comes to fruition, then I'll get the piece I need, quickly install it, crank the boost and do alot of runs at various PSI levels. But we shall see for nothing is done, yet. Also, if I am not mistaken, Special Tool is the King of the 2.5Ls, at least on the Rennlist board, so, kudos to him. It's a fast car no doubt!

Are you gonna keep that car for a while, or, try and sell it again?

Old 05-24-2005, 04:00 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's going into the Russo and Steele Auction in Monterey in August.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:09 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

DFASTEST951: Damn, so you are going to try and sell it again. So is that it then? Are you done with car toys for a while? And I did your read signature too, but still?
Old 05-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Do you really think he stole that dyno sheet?
It's a matter of fact.

Regards,
Chris

Quick Reply: Another 2.8L on eBay - Lots of RWHP!