Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another 2.8L on eBay - Lots of RWHP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you can't verify any of that stuff without taking things apart, huh?
That would be serious misrepresentation! The question to ask is probably who did the work. I doubt any backyard wanna-be mechanic can build a running 2.8L without having it self-destructing within.. 2000miles?! Or else, who did the tuning on it? To his credit, 25K$ in receipts sounds more credible than 44K$..

2.8L folly on Ebay these days.

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Kit_Chris:

Who did the work? Good question. I emailed him just now about that one too, for he didnt' say it initially. I will post the email. Stay tuned..

Old 05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Thanks Rolex. By the way, just checked out your webpage.. wake wetdreams was the only possible physical response.. absolutely gorgeous, congrats for a perfect 951!

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-23-2005, 12:56 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah right, 401rwhp with a 27/6. and then he just slapped on a bigger turbo with no more tuning... why do people have to be so damm dishonest??
Old 05-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

why do people have to be so damm dishonest??
1. Most people don't know about these cars.
2. Honesty and truth are no longer valued nowadays.

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Kit_Chris: Thanks for the kind words my friend. I spent alot of time with Lindsey on this car, a very long time. And "one" of my goals was to have a stunning engine bay. And it's still not done yet. We still have to add a few more things before they ship it back to me soon. But overall, I could not be happier with the car. So again, thanks.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Driv200mph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my two cents...a bit off toppic. I got drive RolexNJ's car back from the airport when I dropped him off. For 24 hours, I had his "Magazine Cover Car" in my garage. Just want to say Kit-Chris, Wake Dreams is only close as a description. Driving the car was like a time warp to 1989 just pulling off the showroom floor. I don't know how a car with all that tuning and Bling could feel like a new car......but it did!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Kit_Chris
Racer

..stop it, please. I've already gone through too many pairs of pants in a day..

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-23-2005, 03:18 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
so your saying a 60-1 hifi will out flow a GT compressor hos?

I just want to make sure i understand you correctly
Do you know how many garrett GT turbo's out there? some support 300Hp some support 500Hp, some 700 etc.....

The 60-1 turbocharger can support up to 700hp, the hifi can support up to 600hp or so (it flows 90-95% of the 60-1).

So, in general, one COULD say that the 60-1 HiFi does outflow the GT turbochargers, but which garrett GT exactly? and depends who "assembles" the 60-1 HiFi.

PS, you are completely missed the fact that the hotside would effect the compressor, not to mention factors such as engine efficiency, VE, cam, head flow, etc......so if you get a turbo that could support 1000Hp, yet the engine flows like ****, you can get ~300Hp or so (flywheel). This is where compressor maps come handy.

Guys, about that dyno chart on ebay. Go to tonyg's website, look at both dynocharts........
Old 05-23-2005, 08:19 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Do you know how many garrett GT turbo's out there? some support 300Hp some support 500Hp, some 700 etc.....

The 60-1 turbocharger can support up to 700hp, the hifi can support up to 600hp or so (it flows 90-95% of the 60-1).

So, in general, one COULD say that the 60-1 HiFi does outflow the GT turbochargers, but which garrett GT exactly? and depends who "assembles" the 60-1 HiFi.

PS, you are completely missed the fact that the hotside would effect the compressor, not to mention factors such as engine efficiency, VE, cam, head flow, etc......so if you get a turbo that could support 1000Hp, yet the engine flows like ****, you can get ~300Hp or so (flywheel). This is where compressor maps come handy.

Guys, about that dyno chart on ebay. Go to tonyg's website, look at both dynocharts........
Okay first off dont talk to me like I am a rookie. I have been around turbo's plenty long enough....just never seen a 60-1 hifi run 600hp or flow 1200 cfm. So there in lies my question.

My comment obvisouly wasent spefic enough if your going to come at me with all this other bull**** like "i have missed this...this and this" Dude I ****ing know there are thousands of different ways to configure and turbo and their is no generalization possible.

Personaly your aditude has been rubbing me the wrong one lately how about we agree just not to talk. My comment was in refference to lindsey's 75 turbo and the 60-1 hifi. I personally think the car isint built right and the #'s sound fishy. I dont care what possible with such and such combo what about this yada yada yada. He doesnt give those details so who knows. The guys sounds full of ****.

Anything is possible hos I dont need you to point out the obvious to me. I was just curious about the small hifi brother running a smaller turbine running those numbers.

and 1200cfm on any hifi I have seen still dont add up. But, alas as you have already pointed out there are endless combinations.

thankyou captan obvious. Like I said your just rubbing me the wrong way lately. Your comments come across wrong to me. Next time I just wont say anything. that will fix it.

This is my favorite part. Wow I had no idea.... thanks for the info.

you are completely missed the fact that the hotside would effect the compressor, not to mention factors such as engine efficiency, VE, cam, head flow, etc......

Old 05-23-2005, 08:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

porshhhh951: Hey "rookie", can't we all just get along?"

Anyway, back to the start of the thread. I did re-email the guy back, and he hasnt gotten back to me still. I wanted more copies of his dyno pulls for the hell of it, but moreso, was curious to know who built it? But the bottom line is it's 465 flywheel, not RWHP. But, if you read his advertisement on eBay, he uses both words. How confusing is that one to a prospective buyer who knows what he is looking at, right? To the unedducated bone head, the car is a monster!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:06 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

John: I understand you are not a rookie, and no i wasn't talking to you in any "attitude" as if you're dumb or don't know a thing or two in turbo's.

What is more, i never mentioned anything about that particular car for sale, besides the dyno chart.

I was pointing out that just because a turbocharger can support 600+Hp, it means you would be doing so, sorry i sounded "bad".
Old 05-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Rolex, Special doesn't only drive his car, he works on it to
Old 05-23-2005, 11:24 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

TurboX: What does that comment have to do with this thread? Anyway, please just let that go with him, thanks.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Special:
Well, as Duke said, do you drive your car at all? Do you have skills? Take a look at my signature my dear "dyno master friend". Its says IMSA GTP Pro Driver? And what are your racing credentials?

The anwser is Yes, he does drive it and he does all of his work as well.

You really love the fact that you are a IMSA GTP Pro Driver don't you?

Quick Reply: Another 2.8L on eBay - Lots of RWHP!