Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

would anyone be interested in a piggy back group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 11:48 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by aixgelo78
BTW- RETAIL IS $389.99 and this come with instructions and tech support. NOW HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOURS?

Let's see one installed and functioning on your car!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:54 PM
aixgelo78
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this in my audi 2.7TT and you will see it in my 951 when its out of the body shop.

regards chris
Old 05-22-2005, 11:59 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^from a guy who has owned his 951 sice April 2005.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 AM
aixgelo78
Instructor

lol....you searched all my old posts...search some more and find out what else I bought. Do a full search before you start just scraping the top
Old 05-23-2005, 12:12 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Anyone can buy things. Make it work. The amount of experience, just with the posters on this thread alone, makes your sstatement about what you "bought" hilarious. Nice junk pile. lol
Old 05-23-2005, 12:16 AM
aixgelo78
Instructor

get off the pipe pal, junk of pile? You wish, what would you buy instead. A hammer and a chisel
Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This will be wasted on you, but I'll try. You can buy the greatest freaking pile of parts on the planet, but they have to interface well, with proper tuning, or they are nothing but an expensive pile of junk. WTG on your expensive pile. MAke it work.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by aixgelo78
listen ted, when you find leda stuff for 500 you let me know
No problem, Since I am a Leda Dealer I can help you out with this part of the deal.

Would you like the other three shocks to go with the first one?

Seriously – as I have mentioned many times before – what you are really buying with any engine management equipment is detailed knowledge of the installation and support. Does this ‘cheap’ price include unlimited support? If a unit fails and takes out an engine are you going to help the customer out with the costs? Will you handle the shipping back and forth if there is a warranty issue?

While I think that the power of this list to make group buys is generally a good thing when used to purchase items at wholesale pricing do not expect support, help or any assistance to be bundled along with the deal. Great for gauges, radiators and such – not so good of engine management stuff!

Chris White
Old 05-23-2005, 03:18 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
If a unit fails and takes out an engine are you going to help the customer out with the costs? Will you handle the shipping back and forth if there is a warranty issue?
Chris White

Wow, would anyone do this?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:57 AM
RAD69
6th Gear

Unbelievable. It was worth the $18 just to read this thread. I am the one that helped convince aixgelo78 to get a 951. So naturally when he told me about the reaction to his post on this forum, I had to join and ultimately reply.

The funny thing is that I always loved the 951 and I wanted aixgelo78 to get one as he is one of those guys that does everything hardcore. He gets a car and does it right, sparing no expense. He always ends up with a car that others respect and admire. Usually - he tries to use his resources to help out the others in the clubs and forums too, making friends along the way (like me). Well, I did help convince him to get a 951 and I cannot wait to see it when he is done with it. Between all his connections, access to lifts, body shops, a chassis dyno, tuners, etc. it is sure to be one hell of a car. I cannot wait to get him out to VIR or Watkins Glen.

Back to the topic at hand. What is wrong with someone trying to put together a group buy? I agree that a respected, valuable member of the forum sells the same product. Does it not concern you that his first reaction is to threaten the other vendor providing the product and not just point out that his offering is more comprehensive? Aixgelo78 can get the product by itself, this is for people that prefer to save money and do it themselves. From what I can tell John is selling the same product at a premium to cover all of his costs of testing it, giving configuration assistance and unlimited support - that is great. Some people do not have the experience to get just the base product, some people do. Why is this cutting John's throat? Why is this forum against any competition? Must all vendors have a monopoly on their products? Why flame aixgelo78 and not simply post genuine concern it is a complicated product and suggest that the few hundred dollars for support may be worth it? Instead call him a scammer and tell him that he will never get his "pile of junk" running? Does anybody think it is funny that someone posts that aixgelo78 is trying to organize a group buy that violates the "no more than 10% above or below retail price" rule when John sells it for 67% over retail? Guys, cut aixgelo78 a break – if you do not want in, move on…

Rant over. Thank you for reading, I do not mean to offend anybody, especially John. It seems like you guys have a lot of knowledge in this close knit community, but you really should not beat up the newer community members like this. He may just end up a valuable asset... You never know.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:07 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi RAD69, If you have sometime left would you mind reading the next article please

http://www.rennlist.org/charter.htm

You may not post links to Rennlist 'deals' and/or "group buys" offered by non-supporting Commercial Vendors or non-Members targeted at Rennlist subscribers. More times then not, folks are asked to do that for the "free advertising" that the Vendor enjoys - and the site Administrator has no way of contacting either party should something not be fulfilled. Also - This includes links to your e-Bay Auctions! DO NOT POST THEM as "Hey - check these out - I just saw these!".
http://www.rennlist.org/list_etiquette.htm

TIA

Luis
Old 05-23-2005, 12:23 PM
special tool
Banned

Lucho - I am giving you a level 7 smack-down on that one.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:28 PM
RAD69
6th Gear

Yeah - most forums have similar rules, sometimes the rules are strict - somtimes they are flexible. He only asked about interest, I also think he emailed the administrator to ask how to do this properly in the event that there is enough interest.

Out of curisoity, why are you telling me this? I did not violate the rules, I am simply commenting on the other members' reaction to an innocent question posed by a friend...
Old 05-23-2005, 12:35 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

No offense to anyone. John or aixgelo78, this was totally blown out of perportion. I wonder what would of been said if aixgelo78 was a member?

Take a few steps back and breathe.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:40 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RAD69
Yeah - most forums have similar rules, sometimes the rules are strict - somtimes they are flexible. He only asked about interest, I also think he emailed the administrator to ask how to do this properly in the event that there is enough interest.

Out of curisoity, why are you telling me this? I did not violate the rules, I am simply commenting on the other members' reaction to an innocent question posed by a friend...
Intentionally or not, your friend was organizing an illegitimate group sale. He is not a member, nor a sponsor. It’s more than just cheap prices. It has to do more with integrity, support and sponsorship, and Vittesse has those 3.

TIA

Luis

Quick Reply: would anyone be interested in a piggy back group buy?