Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

would anyone be interested in a piggy back group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aixgelo78
Well if somebody "**** blocks" of course It may not go thru. But would you want to be known as a **** block. But then again, I have 4 sitting around.

I don't want to ***** block* anything, but I have to say that these things are pretty much worthless unless you REALLY know what you are doing. If I could do things over again, I would spend a little extra $ and buy it from John. Ask me why!!
Old 05-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Aixgelo, You could buy it from those people but you would have no idea what you are doing and would have NO one to call. Buying it from John gives you full support plus the same product. I already pissed John off enough so i recommend that you stop this thread while your ahead.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:02 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

man, where do these guys come from ???
Oh, wait...I know...DSM boards
Old 05-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=aixgelo78] But would you want to be known as a **** block. QUOTE]

On a relative term I think that's better than an A$$ wipe.

DSM Andrew?
Old 05-22-2005, 10:53 PM
aixgelo78
Instructor

I dont get it, all I did was try to offer something at a cheap price. then everybody's feathers got ruffled, for what? A freaking question. Give me a break, you guys can buy it anywhere you want to, all I tried to do was offer it at a cheap price. IF you feel competent enough to tune your car yourself then buy it, but if you are the type of guy who needs to call for roadside assistance to change a tire then dont buy it,because you sure as hell cant get this unit up and running. DSM boards, is this some kind of joke? How would you know, were you a member there? And BTW **** BLOCK is the right term. I am not here to please anybody nor kiss "somebody's" ***. All I did was ask a question, now what did I do wrong.

regards chris
Old 05-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

the fact is, is that it is a insult to one of OUR very own sponsors. I didn't realize this untill just a moment ago.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:18 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboX
the fact is, is that it is a insult to one of OUR very own sponsors. I didn't realize this untill just a moment ago.
Damn you, are you also from Alabama?

Congrats you earned the A-C award today
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2005, 11:20 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"Well if somebody "**** blocks" of course It may not go thru. But would you want to be known as a **** block. But then again, I have 4 sitting around."

Well #1. Most of us have no interest in doing something, or getting into a deal that we know will a) screw over a VERY RESPECTED AND UPSTANDING member of our board and community., and b) is proposed by someone who isn't even a paying member.
#2. Sorry, but your post screams FLYBY NIGHT SCAM!
#3. The only **** we're gonna block around here, is the one who started this thread.
#4. If you can't appreciate why someone selling below wholesale, is both unethical, and in many cases, in direct violation of their distribution aggreement, then you aren't going to get anyone around here to do business with you anyway.
Perhaps this crap flies on Ricer boards, but not here. Get lost!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:24 PM
TT
Racer

I dont get it, all I did was try to offer something at a cheap price. then everybody's feathers got ruffled, for what? A freaking question. Give me a break, you guys can buy it anywhere you want to, all I tried to do was offer it at a cheap price.
PerfectPower does not sell directly to the public, they use dealers. The dealer agreement with PerfectPower states:

The Dealer must at all times sell or offer any Perfect Power product at the Recommended Retail Price or within a 10% (ten percent) higher or lower amount to the Recommended Retail Price.

If a dealer doesn't abide by that regulation then:

Should Digital Technology establish that a Dealer contravenes the above-mentioned selling price requirement , Digital Technology will not supply any Perfect Power products to the Dealer and Dealership status will be cancelled.

If your friend is a PerfectPower dealer and offered you the SMTs at a discounted price, he did you a personal favor and you should have kept it as that. Offering that info to the public at large will only get either your friend or his supplier in trouble with PerfectPower.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks lart, i dont feal bad enough already haha
Old 05-22-2005, 11:30 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^See above car in upcoming Summer, direct to video, block buster, Batman IV, "OOH! Robin's Lips are so Soft"
Old 05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
aixgelo78
Instructor

#2. Sorry, but your post screams FLYBY NIGHT SCAM! -------------I dont think so ...to anybody local who buys this product, they can stop by my house and pick it up if they want to, hell, if its a saturday I will even help him instal the unit in his car. I am no scan artist.

#4. If you can't appreciate why someone selling below wholesale, is both unethical, and in many cases, in direct violation of their distribution aggreement, then you aren't going to get anyone around here to do business with you anyway.
Perhaps this crap flies on Ricer boards, but not here. Get lost!--------- all I did was "offer" something, sorry if it offends you

BTW- RETAIL IS $389.99 and this come with instructions and tech support. NOW HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOURS?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:33 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ski
DSM Andrew?
Mitsubishi...
Diamond Star Motors....The fast and the furious crowd
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"Well if somebody "**** blocks" of course It may not go thru. But would you want to be known as a **** block. But then again, I have 4 sitting around."

What offends me is the above quote, specifically what it says about your attitude and lack of professionalism. The people who chimed in before you said that, were all just following the rules, and were trying to nicely steer you in the apprpriate direction. The price you suggested, though you may have just been throwing it out there, was instantly seen as being dubious, thus you got questions.
To accuse this group of "**** blocking" (a term generally used by a moron who never had a shot anyway) is insulting, and juvenile, among other things.
Regardless of the price, if you think you can just plug in SMT6 piggybacks, without well planned support, diagnostics, chips, proper supporting components, etc. then have at it.
But if you want to come on with quotes like you made above, GET LOST!
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Oh yes, for those that wonder why I list the SMT6 at $650 instead of the retail price in the $300s.. Support and custom tuning! On average 4 hours are spent per unit. Start with testing each unit before shipping (yes there is a test jig for this).. Now move to the wiring instructions spesific to the 951 (try getting it elsewhere). Then you have the emails, the support and the remote tuning... So when you get a unit from me you get far more than the HW, you get a bundle package.
For those that think they don't need the support, they can get the parts at list. But 99.9% will have problems installing the PB on the 951. Few people on this board purchased the SMT6 elsewhere, yet they wanted me to support them as it didn't work for them.
I'm all for group buys, but not when the unsuspecting end user is getting screwed as the unit is useless unless supported properly.

Quick Reply: would anyone be interested in a piggy back group buy?