Sad Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
porkee
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sad Story

Hello,
Friend of mine crasched(rolled baddly) my 89 951,with K27/8 and other mods, yesterday.
I have here one s2 Cabrio with slight motorproblem for sale and I was thinking of changcing the techniks between 2cars.But I have no idea about the cabrio body strength.I know there are few of 951 cabrios also made but are they same as S2 cabrio(body I mean).All the information is welcome.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes.

Regards,
Porkee

Last edited by porkee; 05-03-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:03 PM
tommye
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porkee,
The S2 and 951S cab do share the same body structure.
The cab can feel a bit shakey on rough roads, but as the speed increases so does the stability and solid feel.......so, I'd say the more power, the better !!!!!

Tommy
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 PM
porkee
Track Day

Originally Posted by tommye
Porkee,
The S2 and 951S cab do share the same body structure.
The cab can feel a bit shakey on rough roads, but as the speed increases so does the stability and solid feel.......so, I'd say the more power, the better !!!!!

Tommy
Thankś for Your information Tommy.
I made the deal already with the S2 cab seller and will start the transfeer between two cars next week.Let`s see how she will hold this power.Some SAD PICTURES from my 951 http://eku.3lite.ee/Sad-Story .Let her rest in peace but her soul will go on.

Regards,
Porkee

Last edited by porkee; 05-04-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Maciek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Porkee,
I have done this swap and it is pretty straight forward, should be especially so in your case because the S2 I started with had an engine fire. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or just post here and I'll do what I can to help. As was stated by Tommy, the cab chasis can handle the power fine....
Old 05-03-2005, 05:00 PM
porkee
Track Day

Originally Posted by Maciek
Porkee,
I have done this swap and it is pretty straight forward, should be especially so in your case because the S2 I started with had an engine fire. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or just post here and I'll do what I can to help. As was stated by Tommy, the cab chasis can handle the power fine....
Hello,
this one had an engine fire also but not much just near fuel-rail and some wires and plastics.Hope to use that 3,0 block one day also.It`s been very sad day for me and it`s good to hear something optimistic.I hope to ge it done so soon as possible because here in Estonia we have not so long summertime.But since it`s not my dayli driver I will go with the cab.Thank`s for an help offer.
Regards,
Porkee
Old 05-03-2005, 05:55 PM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

Porkee,
Very sad indeed. I truly simpathize. However, how bad does a driver have to be to roll a 951? Really, these cars are glued to the road. I hope your friend is okay too. Good luck with your ride.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:05 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Must have been a slow roll, or that rear hatch probably would have bought the farm.

Looks like safe deformation on the passenger and drivers side roof.
No sunroof, I wonder how that would have supported..better or worse?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:30 PM
booster
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I let a friend drive mine once..........only once, never again will anyone drive my car, the idiot almost wrecked it. Sorry about your car, don't let your friend drive the cab as they don't do so good in rollovers.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:57 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Your 951 looked like a beautiful car. I'm pleased to know it's heart will live on in the cabriolet.

Good luck on the swap.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:41 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

A long time ago (back in '81), I let a friend borrow my '71 Challenger convertible (numbers matching with a 440 in it, it had some rust but was pretty nice) to take a girl on a first date. He managed to lose it in a corner on a lake road and dunked the car. I have been a LOT more selective about who I loan nice cars to ever since. To paraphrase one of my Harley buddies t-shirt:

My wife, sure
My dog, maybe
My Porsche, NEVER!

Regards, ...Scott

(um, actually, I am kidding about my wife and dog, so don't ask... lol)
Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sh944
My wife, sure
My dog, maybe
My Porsche, NEVER!

Regards, ...Scott

thats great

sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully in time you will have a very nice 951 cab
Old 05-04-2005, 02:08 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a tough lesson, sad to see a nice car go like that. The interior held together pretty well through the roll, that's a sign of craftsmanship. Nice wheels, those are kinda hard to find around here!
Wish you the best with the new cab.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:23 AM
porkee
Track Day

Thank`s for all of You guys.
It was a good lesson for me and PORSCHE-NEVER will go from here on.
The roll was pretty hard and when I looked at the marks on the road or to say no marks on the first 100m-the car went airborne.After that a funny tiremark at 1m high on the pole and after that few rolls to the ditch.It was a really long and fast corner,so I have no idea what went wrong because I have driven with this guy on the track and we are both used to drive Porsches.
He is right now in the hospital with some broken bones but nothing serios.

Hope to get that cab http://eku.3lite.ee/album11 ready as soon as possible.It needs a new rear bumper because when the driver saw some smoke comming under the hood he hitted brakes so hard that the car behind him didn`t have the time to stop and hitted him but there is only slight bumper damage(and I have one red on ).

Regards,
Porkee

Last edited by porkee; 05-04-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:47 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by sh944
A long time ago (back in '81), I let a friend borrow my '71 Challenger convertible (numbers matching with a 440 in it, it had some rust but was pretty nice) to take a girl on a first date. He managed to lose it in a corner on a lake road and dunked the car. I have been a LOT more selective about who I loan nice cars to ever since. To paraphrase one of my Harley buddies t-shirt:

My wife, sure
My dog, maybe
My Porsche, NEVER!

Regards, ...Scott

(um, actually, I am kidding about my wife and dog, so don't ask... lol)
damm I was going to ask.............................for the dog of course.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems to me 951's are getting very rare in Estonia ! I was told there were 4 951's over there. I bought one just couple of weeks ago for parts (also badly crashed) If you are selling your car for parts i might be interested.

Quick Reply: Sad Story