Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Car is Finished w/ Pics. Update: Did I blow the HG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Fire sleeve. Here.
Thanks...does that slide around a hose or can you wrap that around a hose already connected? thanks man...
Old 04-26-2005, 06:05 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

slides over, I just did it to mine last week. It is a sleeve, no cut. Your car looks awesome, hope its not serious. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys.

Michelle, the rims are highline BBS LM replicas.

I have new news. It is NOT the turbo. Also I just found a black seal that should have been put in when I did the oil cooler plate gasket. I removed that cm thick black rubber seal and never put the new one in. What would that do? I need to rip it back apart, UGH! I am such a moron. Then as I was fiddling around behind the manifold I noticed the oxygen sensor was unpluged. I remember unplugging it to see if it would change the idle at all, because it was running poorly, and I never hooked it back up. So that means I was beating on my car with the DME in closed loop? Is that corret? Meaning it thought I had 34lbs injectors and stock turbo at 12psi and not 75lbs injectors with a larger turbo at 12psi. What would that do with the signal to the injectors? So then with the crappy idle due to the oxygen sensor being unplugged and the blown HG, the car would not run. But what would explain my crappy idle before I unplugged my oxygen sensor? It also burned oil for a little when I first started it up and let it run, before I beat on it.

I need to take one step at a time and just start fixing these things. Too many things going on to figure it all out in my head, lol. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Car is Finished w/ Pics. Update: Did I blow the HG?