Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Phoenix Get-Togethers (a bit OT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Get-Togethers (a bit OT)

Hey Guys,

Seeing that our beautiful weather is on the way out, I’m posting this to let everyone know of some “local” events that will be happening before June. No dates have been firmed up yet so if you’re interested in showing up, let me know what works for you.

1. 951 Motor Build – This is really for you guys who have never built a motor or are somewhat nervous about doing belts, rod bearings, head gaskets or turbo swaps. This will be a complete build from a bare block (new rings, bearings, gaskets, seals, clutch, K27 turbo, etc.) and will show you how simple these cars really are provided you take your time and pay attention to details. This will probably take up most of the day but may be invaluable to someone who wants to maintain their own car. It also applies to the non-turbo guys as well.

2. AC Day – Pretty self explanatory. I have all the equipment to do a complete evac, recharge, diagnostic, and conversions. I can buy R-12 if needed but the prices are getting up there and I only have about 6 cans on hand.

3. Fun Drive – We try to do a few of these a year and all types of cars are invited. I expect a mixture of p-cars, vette’s, mustangs, and maybe a handful of those pesky rice burners. We will take the back route to Prescott through Yarnell Hill. The drive up will be fun and spirited, but nothing insane. We’ll have lunch in Prescott and have a leisurely drive back to my place for a few cold drinks (not required).

If you’re interested in going to any of these and have some input on dates, post here and I’ll put your name on the mailing list. Take care.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If I'm not on the list, toss me on it - I'm back mid-May.

Sam
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM
z3bra
Racer

Let me know too, I'm interested to get my super high-tech belt tension tool calibrated to the 9201.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:09 AM
KRhino
Intermediate

Let me know I would be interested in coming up from Tucson.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by z3bra
Let me know too, I'm interested to get my super high-tech belt tension tool calibrated to the 9201.
Brian, as much as I'd like to include you on these types of events, hi-tech is never welcome in my garage. If you don't want to wait, you can come pick it up. Get your car running because a group of us is heading to the Dyno soon.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
z3bra
Racer

Oh it's nowhere near done unfortunately. The head's back from the shop sitting in the garage looking nice, still need to order my head gasket and a bunch of other BS. Won't be running for a few months though I'm thinking just because of the amount of time a couple of the classes I'm in right now are sucking up. And of course there's a little too much allure with a couple of other equally unproductive diversions also vying for my spare time between the wife, kids, video games, just sitting on my *** instead of being at work or school. School's up May 9th so that'll free up a good bit of time and I'm not taking summer session stuff in the interest of getting the car done as well as just wanting a break mentally from all the lab reports, papers, homework, bull****, etc.

I'll get it back on the road though as soon as I can. I assure you that my wife is really tired of me running off with her car all the time. Of course the fact that I'm working nights again in the interest of getting school done before I retire so that aint helping either for getting things done on the car.

And if hi-tech isn't allowed in your garage I'm going to have to break your TV out there next time I stop by in the interest of consistency. Maybe we better take the sledge to the EBC and a few other things too just to be safe, can't have anything hi-tech lurking about scaring the neighbors of course.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:15 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You had to wait till I went back to school hunh?

Sounds like some fun events coming up, wish I was there to participate.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by azmi951
You had to wait till I went back to school hunh?

Sounds like some fun events coming up, wish I was there to participate.
Don't sweat it Sean, I've got more of the same planned for late summer/early fall. Besides, you're always welcome to come up on the "typical" Saturday.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:28 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

i'll fly in for the weekend.

my dayghter's in n phx.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Get-Togethers (a bit OT)