Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help me choose my next turbo: K27/6, T04e/6, or 60-1 hifi/6

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005 | 10:01 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by fast951
Skunk, I learned long time ago to filter out the B.S. from reality.. I see that you have your filters turned on as well
Yeah John... But...all I say is that when I have known,accurate specs most results are replicaple in theory. These were. So were Tool's,when I got to know about the "Rocket Fuel Option".
Old 11-20-2005 | 10:24 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Skunk, As in any theory there are many variables to account for?. As you already know real life results are all what matters, theories well you know what they are called: theories

If you find the "Rocket Fuel" please send me some.. It might be cheaper than the price of pump gas
Old 11-20-2005 | 10:37 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by fast951
Skunk, As in any theory there are many variables to account for?. As you already know real life results are all what matters, theories well you know what they are called: theories
I know John,but when they are based on real-world experiences,and the variables are cut down to a minimum... then they can be used to predict fairly accurate real-world results.

If you find the "Rocket Fuel" please send me some.. It might be cheaper than the price of pump gas
Ask Tool...I presume he had a few barrels of it in his shop... I guess they're marked "Special's Blend"...or that might be his booze supply.
Old 11-20-2005 | 11:24 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Skunk Workz
...or that might be his booze supply.
I'm calling NOW
Old 11-20-2005 | 12:21 PM
special tool
Banned

The sad part is that I REALLY do have a special blend now for high-boost stuff.
Old 11-20-2005 | 07:37 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
The sad part is that I REALLY do have a special blend now for high-boost stuff.
Is that blend for "highly boosted" or "highly boozed" applications...a.k.a. completely plastered..?
Old 11-20-2005 | 11:39 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

"Skunk, I learned a long time ago to filter out the BS from reality."

Fast,
then it might be good if you did something about your buddies' wild dyno claims and BS catch phrases, so that in fact we do keep it real.

By the way, if I talked the way ST did to Tomas, I would have been banned by now!
But of course there is a double standard with the "in with the moderator crowd"
Old 11-20-2005 | 11:57 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Hally

>>>Hally - only in Tonyland does a 27/6 make 320 rwhp on a 2.5 951 at 1.1 bar.
You are comparing 2 charts that were made at the same boost pressure.<<<

Hally...this should serve as a clear example of why not to listen to anybodies "boy".

I challenge anybody on this list to bring a car to Los Angeles with a Vitesse Stage 2 turbo kit (as shown on the web site) with no other mods to a BONE STOCK 951 and make 410RWHP and 424RWTQ SAE Corrected at 20psi on PUMP GAS (heck... I'll even allow you to bring race fuel... it won't matter). Furthermore, I'll even give that same person a 20HP/20TQ to the wheels "gimmie".

I'll bet anybody $5,000 US cash, that it can't be done. And I'll pay for the DynoJet time. You can make runs on the DynoJet all day.

But if you do win, I reserve the right to inspect the engine, to measure it, and to verify that all is BONE STOCK, except what comes in the Vitesse Stage 2 kit. If I lose, I will have it put back together and pay in CASH.

It's time to WALK-THE-WALK.

TonyG

Last edited by TonyG; 11-21-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-20-2005 | 11:59 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

It's like a "tag-team" in here.

Wow.

I feel like we're being sold a Time-Share :-) hahhah

TonyG
Old 11-21-2005 | 12:05 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

johne

Hey, forgot to mention, TurboBob of Turbo-Performance.com has CNC'ed up a bunch of backing plates that allow you to put on a T04B compressor on a 944 turbo stock KKK center section/turbine section.

You'll have to call there, but I'm sure he'll be whipping these out for somewhere in the $600-$700 range exchange.

This will make it very easy to get into the 325RWHP-350RWHP range rather inexpensively (turbo wise).

TonyG
Old 11-21-2005 | 12:05 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm drinking a tasty cold batch of rocket fuel while I eat my popcorn and watch this thread burn.
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2005 | 12:21 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

TO SET THE RECORD STRAGHT.... AND TO BE 100% FAIR

The dyno sheet of mine that was posted on this thread, which was from years and years ago was incorrect in that the dyno chart was not done at 1.1 bar. I can see that it says 1.1 bar. But I know that that run was not at 1.1 bar.

From memory, I believe that we were running at 18psi back then. Maybe even as high as a 19psi peak. But all of our dyno runs were on straight 92 octaneunleaded pump gas.

I don't want to have people mislead into thinking that you can get 338RWHP on a stock engined K27/6 car at 1.1 bar.

The problem is that the dyno operator entered the info on the initial runs which were probably at 1.1 bar boost (approximately 16psi). But the boost went up from there. And we were always running 17psi-18psi boost back then on 92 octane pump gas.. That was the "norm" for us back then.

Sorry for any confusion.

Here were the list of modifications that were used on that exact dyno chart:

1. Powerhaus cylinder head. This was stock valves, stock valve springs, stock cam, stock lifters. And a mild port match to the intake gaskets.

2. Bursch 2.5" test pipe. No Cat.

3. DeltaGate Wastegate with the "blackknob" boost controller.

4. Huntley Racing MAF Kit, ARC2, Huntley Racing Chips

5. Adjustalble fuel presure regulator

6. Powerhaus built, K27/6 Turbo

7. 52lbs Lucas Fuel Injectors (sold by Huntley Racing)

8. Nology Wires, Coil, Coil Amplifier (junk....)

9. Huntley Racing Hard Pipe Kit

10. Borla XR-1 2.5" rear muffler (replaced stock muffler)

Other than the above, everything was BONE STOCK.

TonyG
Old 11-21-2005 | 12:43 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
"Skunk, I learned a long time ago to filter out the BS from reality."

Fast,
then it might be good if you did something about your buddies' wild dyno claims and BS catch phrases, so that in fact we do keep it real.

By the way, if I talked the way ST did to Tomas, I would have been banned by now!
But of course there is a double standard with the "in with the moderator crowd"
As that moderator perfectly put it " to protect the interest of paying Rennlist sponsors"
Old 11-21-2005 | 01:26 AM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TonyG
I challenge anybody on this list to bring a car to Los Angeles with a Vitesse Stage 2 turbo kit (as shown on the web site) with no other mods to a BONE STOCK 951 and make 410RWHP and 424RWTQ SAE Corrected at 20psi on PUMP GAS (heck... I'll even allow you to bring race fuel... it won't matter). Furthermore, I'll even give that same person a 20HP/20TQ to the wheels "gimmie".

I'll bet anybody $5,000 US cash, that it can't be done. And I'll pay for the DynoJet time. You can make runs on the DynoJet all day.

But if you do win, I reserve the right to inspect the engine, to measure it, and to verify that all is BONE STOCK, except what comes in the Vitesse Stage 2 kit. If I lose, I will have it put back together and pay in CASH.

It's time to WALK-THE-WALK.

TonyG
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it has been claimed anywhere that the VR stg 2 puts down those numbers with no other mods...it has always been my understanding that those dyno charts are to show what the kit is cabable of with other mods like exhaust, wastegate, maybe even a mild cam.
Old 11-21-2005 | 01:43 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

aeronautica86

>>>Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it has been claimed anywhere that the VR stg 2 puts down those numbers with no other mods...it has always been my understanding that those dyno charts are to show what the kit is cabable of with other mods like exhaust, wastegate, maybe even a mild cam.<<<

Then what exactly does the Vitesse Stage 2 kit put out? (on a car with no other modifications at 17-18psi boost).

To sell a kit and post dyno charts that don't represent what the kit will do, but rather what it can do with "other" modifcations is a bit misleading don't you think?

We could be talking about a big number ($$$) to achieve those posted results. And there lies the problem.

TonyG

Quick Reply: Help me choose my next turbo: K27/6, T04e/6, or 60-1 hifi/6