fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
Fast,
then it might be good if you did something about your buddies' wild dyno claims and BS catch phrases, so that in fact we do keep it real.
If the man went to the dyno and posted the results why would I doubt him. I assume you doubt his results. If it's important to you or to anyone else, why not schedule some sort of a dyno day with him, it's only fair you pay for the dyno time, and see for yourself..

As far as "catch Phrases", it's not my place to monitor what people say or don't..
Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TonyG

I challenge anybody on this list to bring a car to Los Angeles with a Vitesse Stage 2 turbo kit (as shown on the web site) with no other mods to a BONE STOCK 951 and make 410RWHP and 424RWTQ SAE Corrected at 20psi on PUMP GAS (heck... I'll even allow you to bring race fuel... it won't matter). Furthermore, I'll even give that same person a 20HP/20TQ to the wheels "gimmie".

I'll bet anybody $5,000 US cash, that it can't be done. And I'll pay for the DynoJet time. You can make runs on the DynoJet all day.

But if you do win, I reserve the right to inspect the engine, to measure it, and to verify that all is BONE STOCK, except what comes in the Vitesse Stage 2 kit. If I lose, I will have it put back together and pay in CASH.

It's time to WALK-THE-WALK.

TonyG
Tony, I agree with you on PUMP GAS not Stage 1,2 3 will make 400rwhp or whatever... I always state, search is your best friend, that 15psi should be max on pump gas.. So what is your pointe?

Also the dyno chart on the website is at 20+psi.. Which means over 20psi.. how much more? I'll be speculating as I don't have the files.. FYI all dyno charts on the website are based on charts that customers sent in of their cars with the Vitesse products.. Unlike other vendors or so-claimed "tuners" that play with the results and the boost reporting, I let customers report the results on their own..

Last edited by fast951; 11-21-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:10 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This thread has way too many posts.. so I'll try to reply to all of them at once..

Since few people questined the dyno charts that I personally took, I decided to let the customers report their own results.. As with Stage 3, I posted the results as sent to me by the customers.. When customers send me dyno charts for Stage 2 at different boost levels I'll be glad to post them on the website..
The names of the customers were not included, however if they want to see their name on the charts they can email me directly requesting it and I will oblige.

As far as misleading people, if someone feels I mislead him/her please come forward...

And for those that have the S2 or S3 or whatever turbo of mine.. Would you PLEASE let me know what is "grinding the numbers off of the turbo" is all about??? Any of you received a turbo that have been ground to hide information? Am I missing something here??? TonyG, what on earth are you talking about? What grindring of the turbo?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How to proceed with the "Grand Tuner of the Universe Challenge"?
Hmm...I better step on it and get the badass 2.5 done then...
Old 11-21-2005, 11:04 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

uh tony, first you say:

Sorry, but what "John has always publicly stated that he's not interested in peak numbers as much as the area under the curve" and what his web site say are two different things.
then you quote the vitesse racing website as saying:
Stage-II is capable of delivering serious horsepower and torque. Boost (15psi) around 3000-3200rpm. Peak numbers is not what we are after. We provide you with the nicest power curve for your 951.
isn't that exactly what i said earlier? first the claim was that stage 2 couldn't outperform a k27/6 even though there is already plenty of dyno evidence to the contrary. now we're going to start nitpicking and saying it has to be done on CA pump gas?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:42 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skunk Workz
Hmm...I better step on it and get the badass 2.5 done then...

ME2

Old 11-21-2005, 06:32 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

has anyone tried a stage 1 or 2 wheel in a #6 or #8 hotside?
where would these combos sit relative to a stock #6 and #8 hotside?
thanks
Old 11-21-2005, 10:38 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shaheed

You're taking things out of context. Go back and re-read everything.

TonyG
Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 PM
snappy
Racer

it seems that the fundamental issue here is that vt site lists specific numbers in an order. which should state that the kit will produce that number. John just add an asterisks saying that this and more is possible with the kit. I think people on both sides are over analyzing this. I see the point on both sides, I know what our car is capable of "or at least within region" so when I saw the dyno post I read and interpreted as such. Not because the site made it clear.

Seeing as you speak to the owner before you purchase the item, all misconceptions will dealt with and sorted out.

I disagree with the statement that respect should be earned. There is a certain level of "common decency people should respect to oneanother" and I hope we are all grown up enough to treat each-other in such a manner.

It's great to disagree it opens up minds and fosters out of the box thinking. when it turns into bickering then all doors slams shut and no solutions comes from it.

C'Mon guys/gals, we are all a happy family over here.
can you tell I am a libra
Old 11-22-2005, 01:37 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snappy
I disagree with the statement that respect should be earned. There is a certain level of "common decency people should respect to oneanother" and I hope we are all grown up enough to treat each-other in such a manner.

It's great to disagree it opens up minds and fosters out of the box thinking. when it turns into bickering then all doors slams shut and no solutions comes from it.

C'Mon guys/gals, we are all a happy family over here.
can you tell I am a libra
That makes two of us......

But look at the thread title and look at the posts now........
Old 11-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Gentlemen (and in some cases I obvously use that term loosely ), please try to keep the discussion on topic and civil.

Name calling, personal attacks, and the rest of that sort of BS will not be tolerated.

Once again a potentially useful thread has been degraded - I don't want to have to close another thread that started out as interesting and useful but, if the crap continues, I will.

Marc
Old 11-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

This is how it goes when business interests are represented on a forum.
Please note that I'm not blaming anyone for anything.
I simply state that this is the expected outcome when someone/someones do everything to defend certain products, right or wrong.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not just monetary, Duke. Sometimes pride - its easy to get offended when you have 1,000's of hours into a project, and some keyboard jockey dismisses your efforts like a whistle in the park.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So true, it's very easy to get religious about your own stuff and efforts.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Tomas L
Pro

I'll guess that money and pride together with religion is the causes behind most wars, both the small ones here on Rennlist (although our religious isses are of a different kind) and the larger ones in the real world.
Pride of what we build is a good thing but if it get to great it may be in the way of further progress.

ST, just because I don't believe that your car makes 533 rwhp doesn't mean that I don't have respect for what you have done with it (unless you personally "recalibrated" the dyno or tested every dyno in the state for the most optimistic one...). Even if it's "only" at 500 fwhp it still is a very powerful car.

Quick Reply: Help me choose my next turbo: K27/6, T04e/6, or 60-1 hifi/6