Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help me choose my next turbo: K27/6, T04e/6, or 60-1 hifi/6

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 08:25 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know man. I am saying he is full of **** - but this time I am not kidding around like I do with Skunk.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:30 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Hally, did you also notice that the dyno chart you posted is for a turbo that does NOT have the "Quick Spool" which is now a standard on all of Vitesse Turbos? "This is indicated above the chart on the website".. With the quick spool option (standard now, used to be optional) there is a good 400rpm difference in spoolup, which equates to earlier torque..
Old 11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
Hally, did you also notice that the dyno chart you posted is for a turbo that does NOT have the "Quick Spool" which is now a standard on all of Vitesse Turbos? "This is indicated above the chart on the website".. With the quick spool option (standard now, used to be optional) there is a good 400rpm difference in spoolup, which equates to earlier torque..
John, I am going by the only information you provide on your product, I wouldn't want you to accuse me of "making a blanket statement without gathering correct data "
Old 11-19-2005, 09:19 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hally, the info is on the website.. Go back and look at the note above the chart. The chart is for a older stage 2 turbo that did not have the quick spool option.. Today's stage 2 turbo comes with the quick spool as standard.. In any event, comparing the Stage 2 to a K27/6 is like comparing apples to oranges...
Again, I'll use the 1.1bar boost which you supplied the K27/6 chart for (assuming it's 1.1bar).. A 951 with the stage 2 will walk all over the K27/6.. Been there, done that...
Old 11-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Tomas L
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
Hally - only in Tonyland does a 27/6 make 320 rwhp on a 2.5 951 at 1.1 bar.
You are comparing 2 charts that were made at the same boost pressure.
Once again I have to disagree with you ST.
First of all, from what I can see from the dyno chart it says 338 hp.

If it's 338 fwhp it would require some engine modifications to be possible.
If it's 338 rwhp then it would require extensive other modifications but it's still within what's possible. From the dyno chart it says extrude hone intake and something about the head.
So from a physics standpoint I'd say that 338 rwhp is possible but probably a little exagerated, still it's a lot more realistic than your own 533 rwhp.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:46 AM
special tool
Banned

How can you disagree wth me and make no mention of the boost ratio???
My post was SPECIFICALLY relating to boost/HP ratio. Did you understand this? Maybe I should put it into simpler terms for you.

Dude - we know about you - you don't even know how the ignition system works - yet you preach higher knowledge - You're a knucklehead.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:02 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

John firstly I find your resistance to posting an apology for your critism of my observation as unfounded - that the vitesse stage 2 (based on available evidence) appears to have inferior performance to tonyg's k27/6 dyno chart below 3500rpm - unfortunate. Instead you offer excuses as to the currency of your dyno charts, and subtlely infer a questioning of tonyg's credibility which is also unfortunate.

I brought back this #6 hotside thread, looking for experience with alternative fast spooling hotsides, garrett hybrid alternatives to the k27/6, and in response i get emotional tirades from vitesse stage 2 evanulists, one of which i responded to by pointing out the low rpm shortcomings of a vitesse stage 2 verses a k27/6 backed by available dyno charts. If others have alternative 27/6 dyno or hybrid early torque dynos, i would appreciate seeing them and learning from your experience.

I have always given you respect, i suggest that you do like-wise.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
special tool
Banned

Hally - I don't think HE questioned Tony's credibility, I did.
What did John say that wasn't respectful???? Help me out here.

Are you basically asking if the 27 with #6 housing onsets before the Vitesse stage 2?
Or do you want the resultant torque range?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Tomas L
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
How can you disagree wth me and make no mention of the boost ratio???
My post was SPECIFICALLY relating to boost/HP ratio. Did you understand this? Maybe I should put it into simpler terms for you.

Dude - we know about you - you don't even know how the ignition system works - yet you preach higher knowledge - You're a knucklehead.
The dyno chart clearly stated 1.1 bar so that's what I assumed for my calculations. I can read you know. BTW how many hp did you read from the KKK diagram?

If you want I can draw up a circuit diagram of a CD ignition from memory. I have also reverse engineered half of the DME code and made my own real MAF chips but I still may be a knucklehead, it's not up for me to decide. Can we please stick to the facts and not just insult each other when we run out of arguments?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Tomas L
Pro

What did John say that wasn't respectful???? Help me out here.
Originally Posted by fast951
It amazes me when people just make a blanket statement without gathering correct data...
I would say that the banging head isn't very respectful...
Old 11-20-2005, 09:23 AM
special tool
Banned

You insulted me first in a passive-aggressive manner - that still counts, you know.

Can we really say that icons are disrespectful?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:43 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hally
John firstly I find your resistance to posting an apology for your critism of my observation as unfounded - that the vitesse stage 2 (based on available evidence) appears to have inferior performance to tonyg's k27/6 dyno chart below 3500rpm - unfortunate. Instead you offer excuses as to the currency of your dyno charts, and subtlely infer a questioning of tonyg's credibility which is also unfortunate.

I brought back this #6 hotside thread, looking for experience with alternative fast spooling hotsides, garrett hybrid alternatives to the k27/6, and in response i get emotional tirades from vitesse stage 2 evanulists, one of which i responded to by pointing out the low rpm shortcomings of a vitesse stage 2 verses a k27/6 backed by available dyno charts. If others have alternative 27/6 dyno or hybrid early torque dynos, i would appreciate seeing them and learning from your experience.

I have always given you respect, i suggest that you do like-wise.

Hally, you want respect, earn it!!! No one is disrespecting you!!! You based your argument on a dyno chart for S2 turbo.. I told you that the dyno chart you posted was for a stage 2 turbo WITHOUT the quick spool (this is indicated on the website). All of our turbos NOW come with quick spool option. Quick spool reduces lag by up to 500rpm and shifts the power band to the left (torque earlier)..
You opinion is based on data you gathered, however you have proven to ignore important details.. None of the testing was done by you.. So as far as I'm concerned, discussing this with you is a waste of time...

Oh, and in case you feel that I'm disrespecting you and you need an apology yourself, not a problem... I'm so sorry!! Here you go K27/6 is the best turbo in the world for any and all cars

Old 11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

I presume the 338hp-dyno posted (the non-Vitesse chart) is flywheel hp.... that's what I get theoretically using the mods listed...that is unless it was done on race fuel. Then it might be whp.

Damn annoying that I do not know how to convert NotePad-files to Jpg...or else I could have uploaded the simulation results...they were really close to the dyno. As in 3 hp off...and then I have no ignition curve specs to work from.

Last edited by Skunk Workz; 11-20-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Skunk, I learned long time ago to filter out the B.S. from reality.. I see that you have your filters turned on as well
Old 11-20-2005, 09:49 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tomas L
I would say that the banging head isn't very respectful...

Then has a different meaning for you than me!

Quick Reply: Help me choose my next turbo: K27/6, T04e/6, or 60-1 hifi/6