Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Feeler: Be Cool!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap, where have I been??? Is it too late to get in on this? What was the final price? If it's under $275 I can't say no!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny951,

What are you smoking......$275????

I just spoke to Griffin and here is where we are so far:

Price quoted for 10+ was $365. No shipping, no taxes. If you add $30 for taxes and $20 for shipping, you total $415.

What I have on the table for 31 units, is currently $365 total. This will include taxes and shipping (shipping anywhere in the US, Out of the US additional shipping required). When I first contacted Griffin about one radiator, I was looking at a cost of $642!!! But, we have one more round of talks. He is checking with the boss to give him the final count for final pricing. Stay tuned for final pricing.

One other caviat, one price, out the door for all......except for South Carolina residents. By state law, South Carolina residents will have to pay taxes. Because it is a law, he won't bend on this.

He has created a part number, and the prototype has been sent to engineering. Engineering will take one week. Two prototypes (one to install in my 86 and one to install in efrens 88 TS) will be fabricated and shipped to me for quality control. He has to check with MFG to see how long that will take.

Once I install and approve the prototype, everyone will be required to pay for their orders. After all orders are received the remaining 29 radiators will go into one production run. These 29 radiators will all ship on the same day. Our order could be put into manufacture, as soon as 3 weeks, or as long as 5 weeks. Griffin pumps out a lot of radiators, and you have to get in line. The individual orders will be placed directly with the Griffin rep, no middle man. I am giving him a list of the 29 names, that he will reference as approved group buy purchasers. All others will have to wait for Vitesse or others to become distributors at a later date.

To all that have raised their hands, first thank you all for making this amazing deal happen. Second, PM me with your names and mailing addresses so I can compile my "APPROVED" group buy list.

And lastly, thanks to John D for this increadible forum, and for his gratious approval of this group buy.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:22 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good deal Bill. So just to clarify, you are tenatively saying $365 including radiator, shipping and taxes? That is a pretty damn good deal.

Thanks and I am sending you my info. Make sure your PM box is clear because you are about to receive 30 PMs.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tenatively, thats exactly what I am saying. Only one last call from Griffin to finalize price. A pretty damn good deal indeed! You guys saved me a lot of coin!

Please include your e-mail addresses in the PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

Bill,
Nice negotiating! $365 for everything is a smoking deal. That's just $60 more than Paragon's price on the OEM unit.

Here's to better parts for our babies.
-Jon
Old 03-18-2005, 05:38 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Hey, just thought I'd take a shot... sorry for low-balling like that. I figured since the price from 5 to 10 was so much lower, 30 had to be a pretty good price. Anyway, very nice work and great job putting this together. I'm almost sorry I don't *need* a new radiator now, but many other projects should be done first.

Nice work!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jon,

To better parts
Old 03-18-2005, 06:37 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danny951
Hey, just thought I'd take a shot... sorry for low-balling like that. I figured since the price from 5 to 10 was so much lower, 30 had to be a pretty good price. Anyway, very nice work and great job putting this together. I'm almost sorry I don't *need* a new radiator now, but many other projects should be done first.

Nice work!
Hey that is understandable. I think the law of diminishing returns kicks into effect though past 15-20. They still have to make a profit and that is a pretty standard price for a radiator of that quality. I would imagine the tooling cost is what ups the initial price so much. Once that is adequately spread out, the prices can only get so good.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Rob 3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bill, I just PM'd my address and then my E-mail in a second PM. Just got excited and forgot it in the first. Thanks for setting this up!
Old 03-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok guys, Most of you have sent me your shipping information. For those that have not, please send me a private message with the info. I want to send all this info to Griffin on Monday 3/21.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

UPDATE

Griffin is currently engineering our radiator. This should be done tomorrow. When it is done, Griffin will know exactly how much it will cost them to make, so in turn they will then know what is the best price they can give us. I will post as soon as they call.

There are still 9 stragglers that need to send me a PM with their shipping information. I need these, as I am printing the information and I will fax to Griffin so they can compile the approved order list. Please send your info asap.

I am also getting PM's asking if it is too late to get in on this group buy, and the answer is, no it is not too late. I will add members up to the time that we make our final order, which should be this Friday.

Bill
Old 03-21-2005, 03:41 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Email sent!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds great! thanks again bill for organizing this.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is still time, I'm in. You have a pm. Thanks, Elliott
Old 03-22-2005, 01:04 PM
rcarpen22
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a griffin 3-core aluminum radiator in my Mustang a few years ago. It's bad-a. I would like to get in if I can. I am in the area alot so I could actually pick mine up from the factory. Can I still get in?

Quick Reply: Feeler: Be Cool!