Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another Fixed Headlight Post

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Fixed Headlight Post

I am anxiously awaiting the release of Powerwerks fixed headlight setup. If it isn't good enough, I'll fab my own. Problem is my car is ready for paint now. I have a fg headlight delete panel w/ vent and also the stock panel. I would like to install the fg panel until I decide on a fixed solution. Is it feasible to remove the factory headlight assembly and re-install later if I get pulled over? How much time to re-install? All the stock parts are painted already and will be saved either way. Would this be too much of a pita as a temporary solution?Tia for your opinions.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHATS THE POWER WERKS WEN SITE?!?!?!?!?!?

But yeah I hope there light kit is 10Xs beter than GT-Racing, and 100Xs cheaper... CAN'T WAIT! WOO
Old 03-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

PowerWerks.net ...no pics yet on the headlights though
Old 03-02-2005, 10:34 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Personally, I'd just leave everything in if it's all in working condition until you buy a replacement from powerwerks. No reason NOT to keep your lights if you can. I thought they were debuting their new products over the weekend of sebring?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Any one know when this kit is SUPPOSED to be realised? I'm really interested now!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:50 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Me too! WHere'd you here about this? Any links to other threads?

Regards,
Old 03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PowerWerks
Hi Tommo,

Good to hear from you....... as you know we did carry many items from other vendors.

To take the side of diplomacy, lets just say there were many reasons, that I do not wish to list, for us not wishing to sell their products.
Basically we came to the realization that we could design and build a better product and offer a better service doing this.

I am going to let our products speak for themselves...... providing dyno, A/F and race data to highlight our products benefits.

We will be keeping brand names such as Sparco, Cobaru and Brembo etc.......

MattH,
We are offering two kits:

The entry level kit comprises of 2 90mm Hella Halogen headlamps (made to simulate the look of the Carrera GT) that use the new high output H9 bulb which makes 1800 lumens compared with 1650/1000 Lumens for an H4. These lamps are DOT/SAE legal. The Low Beam is a projector lamp and the High Beam is of Free Form Construction

The top end kit is Bi-Xenon lamp that provides both high and Low beams in one HID Xenon lamp.

We are just testing an ABS plastic version and a Lexan version of headlight cover . We may offer both...... we want to do more testing first.

I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Paul

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/179942-any-news-on-powerwerks-new-product-range.html
Old 03-02-2005, 11:32 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Have you guys considered just deleting the head lights, and installing the Euro driving lights? I installed 100watt h3's and never use my head lights anymore. I just don't need them, and no one(cops) even notice the diff. Now, we don't have inspections in FLa, so I don't have to answer to anyone. I do know that Dave Lindsay did the same, and deleted his headlights, as I will. They are seriously heavy, when you add up the entire assebly/system. Just an idea. E
Old 03-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ehall
Have you guys considered just deleting the head lights, and installing the Euro driving lights? I installed 100watt h3's and never use my head lights anymore. I just don't need them, and no one(cops) even notice the diff. Now, we don't have inspections in FLa, so I don't have to answer to anyone. I do know that Dave Lindsay did the same, and deleted his headlights, as I will. They are seriously heavy, when you add up the entire assebly/system. Just an idea. E
This is what I'd really like to do. I've liked this look evr since I saw a pic of Badass951's car. I have the same header panel as on his car. Single vent, no lights. Very clean look. My only concern is if I have to go back to stock. How hard to reinstall/adjust. When I bought the header panel I figured if I didn't delete headlights altogether I'd cut openings to fit whatever lenses I came up with. That way no gaps/fitment issues. We don't have inspections here in Bama either.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Evan70
Pro

Has anybody ever thought of fitting a true headlight into the driving light area? I know it wouldn't technically be legal since it would be too low, but I really don't care. It's approximately a 6x4" area if you leave the foglight, and I know there are 6.5x4" H4 headlights out there and I've seen smaller stock headlights (i.e. 93-97 Camaros). To me this would be the ultimate solution if we could fit an actual H4 headlight into the stock driving light area. Then we'd get the actual headlight beam pattern but still be able to do away with the stock headlights and also retain the foglight possibly.

Quick Reply: Another Fixed Headlight Post