Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:09 AM
david benjamin
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to make absolutely sure that my mail is both clear and unambiguous, I confirm that I have reported Danno to the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department, also to TialSport, the manufacturer of Tial DP wastegates, and the IRS. The mail sent to the police is as follows:

To: sheriff@sbsheriff.org
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: illegal trading ?

Dear Sirs

I wonder if you can help me. I am based in England. I ordered some car components last September from Dan Nguyenphuc trading as http://www.gururacing.net danno@thevine.net (805) 685-7774.

The first part of the order was completed following many chase-ups and phone calls but the final part of the order - value $295 - remains outstanding. Dan has now written to me that the business has been in financial difficulties for 2 years. But the business is still being advertised on the www. In England it is illegal to trade if you are insolvent and I wonder what is the position in the USA? What I do not know is how many other people are sending Dan money for goods and not getting them. I do have all the e-mail exchanges concerning this matter including bank documentation about the transfer of funds. If you could kindly advise what I should do I would be obliged. Also, I wonder whether this man's dealings should be brought to the attention of the IRS. Perhaps you could let me have contact coordinates of the IRS .

May I thank you very much in anticipation of your reply.

David Benjamin

(my address and full transcripts of e-mail exchanges available)
Old 02-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cue Himsel
Old 02-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh boy. I'm stayin' out of this one. . .
Old 02-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magown
cue Himsel
Old 02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what you get for ripping people off....
Old 02-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Don't know why, but your post kind of bothers me. What are you looking for from us? Do you want a congratulations for writing this letter? "Awesome! You are so cool for writing this! I hope you ruin this guy's life, since $300 lost by you totally justifies it!"

Look, there are plenty of posts here warning people about the problems with guru racing. So, effectively if you end up getting Danno thrown in jail you're basically screwing the hundreds of people who own guru products by elliminating any support he might be able to give them. Yes, there are major problems with his business, yes, guru racing should probably close its doors to new business (at least for now), but is this the solution? A poster with 6 posts coming on here acting all tough? Come on.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:41 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z.
Don't know why, but your post kind of bothers me. What are you looking for from us? Do you want a congratulations for writing this letter? "Awesome! You are so cool for writing this! I hope you ruin this guy's life, since $300 lost by you totally justifies it!"

Look, there are plenty of posts here warning people about the problems with guru racing. So, effectively if you end up getting Danno thrown in jail you're basically screwing the hundreds of people who own guru products by elliminating any support he might be able to give them. Yes, there are major problems with his business, yes, guru racing should probably close its doors (at least for now), but a poster with 6 posts coming on here acting all tough? Come on.
I will back the poster with six posts with my six thousand three hundred and fifty four posts, does it make more sense now?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sweanders
I will back the poster with six posts with my six thousand three hundred and fifty four posts, does it make more sense now?
This coming from someone who's always concerned about the moderators...

Not to defend or accuse the subject of the claim, but Rennlist is no place for this kind of thread. It should be reported to the moderator directly. Period.

I may have "only" 5K posts but as a member of these forums since 1995 or so, I ask that the moderator delete this thread.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

If he lied to my face like you said he did to you, then I would most likely be pretty pissed off. But if I wrote the above letter, revenge, not justice, would be my motivation.

I totally agree that Danno is in the wrong in WAY to many instances, and I wish he would come into one of these threads and say something, anything. The only acceptable solution would be for him to either mail out all the products he owes people, or refund their money. I have a feeling the business is probably broke, so it probably means he's going to have to sell off some personal property to cover the expenses. Only after all previous customers have been taken care of should he even attempt further sales, and then I think a totally new business plan would need to be implemented.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:59 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
This from someone who's always concerned about the moderators...

Not to defend or accuse the subject of the claim, but Rennlist is no place for this kind of thread. It should be reported to the moderator directly. Period.
Danno is a Rennlist sponsor and the moderators have been contacted several times regarding his way of advertising and conductiong business here. I find it very strange that nothing has been done yet and I am tired of e-mailing Rennlist and Danno without any replies.
I do agree with you Luis that vendor bashing has no place on an internet forum but when it is a forum sponsor that scams the forum members it comes in a different perspective.

Personally I have been waiting since December 2004 to get all the parts from the USD 585 order that I paid when ordering with the promise of that the parts would be sent to me "During the week."
Old 02-22-2005, 12:05 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ben Z.
If he lied to my face like you said he did to you, then I would most likely be pretty pissed off. But if I wrote the above letter, revenge, not justice, would be my motivation.

I totally agree that Danno is in the wrong in WAY to many instances, and I wish he would come into one of these threads and say something, anything. The only acceptable solution would be for him to either mail out all the products he owes people, or refund their money. I have a feeling the business is probably broke, so it probably means he's going to have to sell off some personal property to cover the expenses. Only after all previous customers have been taken care of should he even attempt further sales, and then I think a totally new business plan would need to be implemented.
In my case the only working part that Danno owes me is a pair of chips and I have several times asked to simply get the code sent to me in a file and I will burn it here in Sweden for no cost to Danno whatsoever. Now I understand that Danno has problems delivering and the chips I got were obviously not working. Danno stated that he had made a mistake when burning them after I had sent him the info that was on them.

I would never ever do such a thing as get a vendors chip info read if it wasn't because of him beung uncapable of solving the problem. I don't know what to do with it but my car has been undriveable since December because of Danno.

And yes, he lied me in the face, over PM and over e-mail. I am sure that he would have lied to me on the phone as well if he ever would've managed to return my phonecalls before his phone went out of service.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Sorry to say, but the "authorities" are not going to get involved in a dispute with such a small amount of money.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Agreed. The amount is so trivial that it is a mere token amount in the world of theft.

It seems even more ironic that the comment made regarding financial challenged companies continueing to do business in England and comparing this information to current US laws in what appears to be an attempt to create an additional charge of fraud.

While I have never done business with Danno and therefore have nothing to compare this transaction to, In my opinion, this appears to be a scandalous type of posting by putting this type of information here - ESPECIALLY since Danno is an official Rennlist sponsor AND the complaintant is NOT a member.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:46 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

I think it's a sad way to run a business.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:49 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've just contacted John D. on this one.

The endless speculation doesn't do any good. Please wait until he can respond to it.

Quick Reply: Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE