Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 07:24 PM
slim_boy_fat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can’t quite believe what some people think on here. That it’s acceptable to take peoples money and then not deliver. That its acceptable to avoid all, ALL forms of contact. It’s at best poor business practise and at worse illegal, dishonest and disreputable.
I can see the purpose of this thread to highlight the problems with this particular vendor. I don’t have a problem with Danno’s products, but there is just too much bad press about how he does business to ever use him, especially if you don’t live close enough to knock on his door.
Seems to me it is probably time for Danno to call it a day.
What’s not good is that a site sponsor acts in such a way. I mean just how long should you have to wait for something. I you went to MacDonalds and ordered a Big Mac and paid for it then 4 months later it still hadn’t arrived at what point would you expect your money back… Come on guys enough is enough!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too can't believe it either, but what I really can't believe is while Danno's taking one of his worst thrashings ever on Rennlist, he's elsewhere posting about running a car in 944 spec series. http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4461

Life must be good when you get to skip your obligations and go racing. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened when I ordered my Guru chips, the day he promised he would ship my chips, he was off getting embarrassed at the Open Track Challenge

Last edited by Magown; 02-22-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magown
I too can't believe it either, but what I really can't believe is while Danno's taking one of his worst thrashings ever on Rennlist, he's elsewhere posting about running a car in 944 spec series. http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic...180888b3aa6579a
I'm sorry but I just don't believe that. His computer crashed, his phone was shut off, and he's tending to his sick mother with cancer. How is it possible he's posting on the net. Telling stories again Magowan.............
Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have you heard about the new cancer treatment? It is called "Make ~42 posts on Rennlist after someone posts about you owing them money, and ignore them completely". Great stuff.

I have Guru chips in my car and they work fine. Would I send Danno a nickel? Never. (I bought the chip used.)

Someone might look into taking a lien out on his race car. That might hurt a bit.

Max
Old 02-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
Is the general conclusion here that it is ok to rip someone off if it is for a sum of not much more than 300 USD? I would like to see things more black and white...
I guess it is for some people. And don't complain about it unless you are a Rennlist member, that's stupid. Or do you have to have to have more than 6 posts you can't complain, that's stupid.

Danno has history with this crap, and his REAL reputation is catching up as his Rennlist reputation is being destroyed.

Sad, but it is what it is.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:20 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think it is OK to steal a nickel from somebody. At the same time, being pragmatic, law enforcement simply won't lift a finger for $300. If you are overseas you might just have to accept that your $300 is lost.

Now if you have a large friend in SoCal with a source of lead pipes and the ability to read maps, you might be in luck. Aside from that, I would just educate others about Danno and move on.

Max
Old 02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Black Arrow
Racer

Originally Posted by Magown
I too can't believe it either, but what I really can't believe is while Danno's taking one of his worst thrashings ever on Rennlist, he's elsewhere posting about running a car in 944 spec series. http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic...180888b3aa6579a
The link is bad, and when just typing www.nasaforums.com I`m suddenly banned from a site I`ve never been to?!? hehe..

I feel sorry about danno. Yet more sorry for all the people he ripped of. I`m glad I never bought from him. To bad we`ll maybee loose one of the best 951 experts out there though.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was on rennlist very briefly before ordering my MAP kit from Danno, my friend had ordered some chips from him and said it took maybe a few weeks. After my $890 payment to him, and he "promised" the kit would be there in 2-3 weeks tops, I got the excuse of "it will be there next week... I had to go to court over an accident, I was sick this week, I'm still welding your pipe, the stuff just taking longer, I'll send you chips and FPR and the link computer later." Well it turns out I got the chips and FPR one month after I paid for them, then my computer died after a month(not sure if it was chips or just being old), 3 months after that, I'm still waiting for the rest of my kit and the same bullsh!t excuses. The only way I revieved the rest of the kit was through starting to take legal action against him. In the end I didn't get all the parts that he promised me, had to buy a used computer. This guy is really car smart, but I can never forgive anyone for lying and misleading me like he did.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why don't you wronged customers get together and seek a solution to your dealings OFF THIS FORUM?

No need to make it a public hanging of whatever vendor has failed to meet your expectations.

You would think that enough disgruntled customers posting here over the past SEVERAL YEARS would be enough warning, but noooo, for some reason you insist that we turn the Rennlist 944 Turbo Forum into a vendor bashing smoragsboard...
Old 02-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts
Exclamation

Just for the record....

1. I do not condone actions which result in fraud against anyone - rennlist member or not.

2. Most of the vendors have a good reputation - and are here for 2 purposes (sell you parts and make money)

3. I do have a problem with non-members being critical of members. It's kinda like having someone come in from out of town and complain to you about a member of your family.

4. In as far as having Danno banned, is this for real? I guess if his reputation from a business perspective warrants this...but it is far from me (or anyone here) to decree. Only John D can make that call.

5. I, too, remember the email list wars and also how close John D was to pulling the plug on the list. I do not want that possibility to ever rear its' ugly head again.

6. Publically bashing is going to happen, but it should be done professsionally. The original email/post that started this thread was written with an 'overt' overtone IMHO.

7. I've read through the 'I hate (insert vendor name here) ' threads and to tell you the truth, I pay attention - but at the same time, I also make a mental note of who's making the allegations as well and I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Just my thoughts while enjoying the first glass...come on guys, let's keep it civil (read professional). Maybe someone ought to start a thread regarding vendor satisfaction and not leave to just one vendor in particuliar. To me personally, that IS a great benefit of this site (not to mention the "Holy Crap!!! How do I (insert favorite opps/help topic here) !?!?!".
Old 02-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by black beauty
The link is bad, and when just typing www.nasaforums.com I`m suddenly banned from a site I`ve never been to?!? hehe..

I feel sorry about danno. Yet more sorry for all the people he ripped of. I`m glad I never bought from him. To bad we`ll maybee loose one of the best 951 experts out there though.
Try, http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4461
Old 02-22-2005, 09:10 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Why don't you wronged customers get together and seek a solution to your dealings OFF THIS FORUM?
Because this is the place where Danno sells his stuff with a blessing from Rennlist.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys, If you don't know, John D is working three jobs now and has little time for anything else. He has been informed of the problem by Pete (the mod). I am confident he will deal with it as soon as he can come up for air. The situation is messy and no mod feels qualified or empowered to deal with it. We'll all have to be patient. I can only say that John is so swamped that even mods have difficulty reaching him these days. Maybe if we had more members John could have a life instead of working 70 hours a week to keep this system running.

Best,
Old 02-22-2005, 09:18 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat

No need to make it a public hanging of whatever vendor has failed to meet your expectations.
I'm with those that feel this is not a public bashing of a private vendor. Danno as Guru Racing is a site sponsor which makes this very relevent. This is not a few isolated events but a growing trend.

I may not have formed this opinion if Danno ever responded to any of these threads. Like his customers, he ignores these critiques without even offering to resolve it offlist.

Has anyone been contacted offlist after posting a critique?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:20 PM
azmi951
Drifting

This is the type of information that brings resolution. Who will order from him now? He brought ALL of this on himself. peopl shouldn't gripe about thrashing him because this is only the truth.
He screwed it up for himself.
Also we dont NEED his products, there are other vendors who would love is buisness and have never lead a customer on.
Dannos actions have been wrong and he is payingfor it now.

Let this thread stand and be a CLEAR warning about his operations.

Quick Reply: Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE