Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly. Stop making presumptions until all the facts are out there. How do you know he hasn't just had his mother come down with cancer or been diagnosed with something requiring expensive treatment that would make the apparent intransigence somewhat justified? You don't.

Give the guy a chance to explain what's been going on and come clean and THEN pass your judgements. Or better still, just shuttauppayouyappa and demand a refund. If you don't get it, file a claim. Vote with your wallets - it's the only thing businesses respond to, ultimately.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:26 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Danno is a good guy, but he's just hard to contact at times.

Honestly, the people on this board remind me of women. All you want is drama.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:29 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by v944god
Old 02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Sorry to say, but the "authorities" are not going to get involved in a dispute with such a small amount of money.

Actually if you get a detective to work the case, and enough people contact him about getting screwed over, they will look into it. I just went through a similar situation with a vendor in illinois (not related to porsches). The money was less than what people are complaining about here, but the sheer numbers that got screwed made it into a case. Once the cops were involved, refunds came flying back.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:42 PM
EdC
Pro

It's basically more a civil matter, than a criminal. If there are any such or similar complaints with others on Guru, contacting the California Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Office might be more effective.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:23 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by v944god
Take your **** to the OT forum.

I agree that this is not a criminal matter, but a civil one. I'm sorry to hear that there is yet another vendor in trouble financially and reputably.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Re-animator
Racer

On a side note (for Americans), Interstate commerce laws are pretty wicked. This info is not specific for this post, but I feel internet consumers could benefit from it. If you send money to a vendor for an interstate purchase and you don't receive the product, then it equates to fraud and is subject to investigation via the FTC. I had an issue with an out of business aftermarket Audi vendor once. It was for $1200 and the guy tried to rip me off. I used Money Order and USPS to pre-emptively get him on the hook for mail fraud as well. All I did was send a verification that the M.O. was cashed to the FTC and emailed a copy of the communication to the ex-vendor. The refund came quicker than payment went out. Because the vendor's actions were against the federal laws, I did not have to be a plaintiff and the theiving bast*rd got the hammer while refunding my money. Ignorance of the law is never an excuse and most Federal Penns require being recruited into the EME, BFG, or AB (based on ethnicity) for longterm survival. Hope this information helps interstate consumers feel a little more empowered.

P.S. International orders are SOOL using this method to pursue justice.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Clowd
Pro

Originally Posted by Ben Z.
Don't know why, but your post kind of bothers me. What are you looking for from us? Do you want a congratulations for writing this letter? "Awesome! You are so cool for writing this! I hope you ruin this guy's life, since $300 lost by you totally justifies it!"
My thoughts exactly.. I hate rats...
Old 02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the general conclusion here that it is ok to rip someone off if it is for a sum of not much more than 300 USD? I would like to see things more black and white...
Old 02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Clowd
Pro

Ripping people off is not ok at all... but neither is ruining some poor guy's life. I'll quote from someone here(don't remember who said this..) "If you thought he had financial troubles before, wait till the IRS gets done with him."
Old 02-22-2005, 05:06 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

I was ripped off for 500 last year by some asswipe, I even had a phone call with someone that had also been taken by the same guy. Lindsey also got ripped off...Not much I could really do about it- he vanished and thats that. **** happens, know and trust who you are buying from - I can only blame myself for that one.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clowd
Ripping people off is not ok at all... but neither is ruining some poor guy's life. I'll quote from someone here(don't remember who said this..) "If you thought he had financial troubles before, wait till the IRS gets done with him."
If anyone pisses me off and lies to me I don't care what their consequences are if I take legal actions against them after having tried to solve the situation without involving anyone else first.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anders, I think what Sam is trying to say is "you make your choices, you take your losses."

You've been around here long enough to understand that.

I reiterate my request to the Moderator to please delete this thread. I think the title is damaging to the forum. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:22 PM
87uk944t
Racer

How is this ruining some poor guys life?? Surely only Danno is ruining Danno's life. So we should be happy and accept that when we give him our hard earned money we get nothing back but failed promises and lies. This guy is taking peoples money and giving them nothing in return that in my opinion is theft and something should be done about it, this isnt a one off incident of $295 worth of parts not being delivered this is an every day occurence , no business can be run like this. I for one back him for going to the cops if he feels that is the only alternative he has left to try and get the parts due or his money back. Just my .02
Old 02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

just to clarify the asswipe in my story was NOT Danno...and thanks Luis - thats the gist of what I was trying to say!

Last edited by SamGrant951; 02-22-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE