Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: What is your opinion of street racing?
I think street racing is ok.
32.61%
I think street racing is wrong.
67.39%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Street racing poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005 | 03:17 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street racing poll

Regarding Tifosiman's comments on street racing being wrong, Porschh951 wrote:
Originally Posted by porschh951
90% of this board disagree's with you. You have spoken your piece let it go.
and
Originally Posted by Porschh951
Z-man just hit the ignore list. too.

I say 90% of the turbo and turbo S board because i got tons and I do mean tons of pm's and emails thanking me for my videos and people telling me they like them. So let me clarify.....90% of the turbo and turbo S board...not all of rennlist.

Just wanted to comment once before I wont be able to see what you type next. Ignore list is a great thing.
So, I figured we should start a poll.

Is street racing something you condone or disapprove of?

Edit - perhaps someone may want to tell Porschh951 about this pole - so he can vote too!

-Z-man.
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:20 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Not only do I most certainly disprove of it, I would imagine that almost everybody here does too.

Now that doesn't mean I don't get a kick out of videos that some members post...
Ahmet (@Randy's computer).
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:22 PM
pieball
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disapprove probably 95% of the time.
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:25 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Voted. I somehow am in the majority. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:30 PM
mochman
Pro

as bad as it is I street race, used to run in philly I was there in the summer of 89 when we were all getting busted for it. We still run though
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:34 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Z-man, you are starting a poll with different questions than the one that John had deleted after it got out of hand. The question wasn't whether street racing was ok or not, obviously people will say "no, it's not." The question was "should John post his videos?" And as some of the people who have posted on here already will tell you, about 90% on that poll said they wanted to see John's videos posted on RL.

Is street racing bad? Not the issue...

Should John post his videos? About 90% said they wanted to see them.

Should John get flamed over and over for them even after he stops posting? I don't think so... and I hope the moderators see it the same way.

Abyss? Anyone?
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:37 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FSAEracer03
Z-man, you are starting a poll with different questions than the one that John had deleted after it got out of hand. The question wasn't whether street racing was ok or not, obviously people will say "no, it's not." The question was "should John post his videos?" And as some of the people who have posted on here already will tell you, about 90% on that poll said they wanted to see John's videos posted on RL.

Is street racing bad? Not the issue...

Should John post his videos? About 90% said they wanted to see them.

Should John get flamed over and over for them even after he stops posting? I don't think so... and I hope the moderators see it the same way.

Abyss? Anyone?
Kevin,

I apologize if you feel that we are flaming him over and over. I only made a comment in that other thread because he stated that he was putting the link to the videos in his signature. He escalated the issue and then went back and deleted all of his posts (it probably looks like we were talking to ourselves).

I did not intend to offend.
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:40 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Tifo, thanks for being civil. Seriously, thanks. I just think the horse has been dead for a while now... yet the people still beat it often.
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:41 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Z - man , what are you doing ? Porch951 has to put all those " stupid , rude and in disagreement with him " posters who participate in the poll on his ignore list now !
Old 01-11-2005 | 03:41 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Kevin:

The only reason I'm bringing up the 90% is because John himself said that 90% of the people here disagree with Tifosiman. Tifosiman posted his views on street racing and street racing video links in his siggy - so THAT is what I based the poll upon.

The reason I posted this here is because people like John glorify street racing. There are many young, impressionable folks who frequent these forums. Based on opinions like John's, they may give street racing a try. They may also end their lives or kill others in the process.

I've said this before - Some people get upset about my 'in your face attitude' about street racing. Guess what? Some people's street racing exploits get me mad! So I stop my 'in your face attitude' if people stop posting glorifying street racing. It is as simple as that.

Regards,
-Z-man.
Old 01-11-2005 | 04:02 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Z-Man,

Why are you going to start a fight or a pissing match on a subject that you have hashed out from a soap box on the 944 board for years? I doubt very many (if any) of us will say that we approve of it but in all reality MANY of us do things on the street that may not be “considered” street racing but are just as dangerous. How come I don’t see you hopping in on the mountain drives, get-togethers, and pizza run threads? When’s the last time you singled out a guy who sets his boost in fourth gear? No ***** is my guess. Do you really believe that “spirited” or dangerous driving on public roads doesn’t take place? How about many of us on the turbo board who check our boost controllers, A/F ratio’s, or latest suspension mods on the street. How do we know our boost drops off at the top of gears? Are full throttle run really safe? Reality is we are a bunch of car nuts and probably push it a bit more then we should. Of course we’re all “expert” drivers and safe.

Z-man, while I can appreciate your dedication to your church group counseling and pursuit of safer streets and sainthood, it seems that is your only claim to fame and you get on your high-horse and choose someone to pick on (usually they’re much younger then you are) every time you hear the word race. Maybe you’re on the wrong board this time.

For those of you answering this poll, lose the ricer term “street race” and think about how hard you have pushed your car on the street during a tune session, boost run, show off for your girlfriend, had a fourth gear pull with a vette or mustang, or how the rest of the group acted during a get together run and answer Z-Man appropriately. While the terms may be very different in what we do, the actions, hazards, and potential results are not that much different. It may not be right, but VERY few of us are innocent over here weather or not we like to admit it.
Old 01-11-2005 | 04:12 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Jeremy
Can't agree with you more.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-11-2005 | 04:21 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Z-Man,

Why are you going to start a fight or a pissing match on a subject that you have hashed out from a soap box on the 944 board for years? I doubt very many (if any) of us will say that we approve of it but in all reality MANY of us do things on the street that may not be “considered” street racing but are just as dangerous. How come I don’t see you hopping in on the mountain drives, get-togethers, and pizza run threads? When’s the last time you singled out a guy who sets his boost in fourth gear? No ***** is my guess. Do you really believe that “spirited” or dangerous driving on public roads doesn’t take place? How about many of us on the turbo board who check our boost controllers, A/F ratio’s, or latest suspension mods on the street. How do we know our boost drops off at the top of gears? Are full throttle run really safe? Reality is we are a bunch of car nuts and probably push it a bit more then we should. Of course we’re all “expert” drivers and safe.

Z-man, while I can appreciate your dedication to your church group counseling and pursuit of safer streets and sainthood, it seems that is your only claim to fame and you get on your high-horse and choose someone to pick on (usually they’re much younger then you are) every time you hear the word race. Maybe you’re on the wrong board this time.

For those of you answering this poll, lose the ricer term “street race” and think about how hard you have pushed your car on the street during a tune session, boost run, show off for your girlfriend, had a fourth gear pull with a vette or mustang, or how the rest of the group acted during a get together run and answer Z-Man appropriately. While the terms may be very different in what we do, the actions, hazards, and potential results are not that much different. It may not be right, but VERY few of us are innocent over here weather or not we like to admit it.
Man...

You're beautiful

AMEN BROTHER!
Old 01-11-2005 | 04:23 PM
FAMA
Banned

To Dick-man and Sissyman, street racing is da bomb man, nothing wrong with it, I raced a 360 modena the other day in the streets of los angeles and it was cool, once we got in the fwy we hit 180mph easily, I burned that sucker, than this SICK Civic with nos, neon lights, big racing APE tail, 10" inch exhaust and all kind of sick stuff came out of nowhere and try to raced me. He was even with me all the way to 199mph, that's when i change from 4th to 5th gear and put 10 cars lenghts between us, I was doing 235mhp when this stupid old lady in a chevy changed lanes in front of me, I turned my lights on, than blow my truck horn and scared the **** out of her, she ended up losing control and crashing against the fence, LOL dumb old lady she knows better to stay out of the fwy because that's where we race with my homies. The streets are for racing for the furious and the fast men with guts of steel not pussies, now if you want to be a wussy go to the track that's for old people and sissies like tifosiman and z-man.
Old 01-11-2005 | 04:26 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

I think the 90% of people who support John's street racing are the only one's posting in his street racing/video/bragging at times threads. They are his loyal followers, they support their hero. IMHO, street racing is bad, never heard of an innocent bystander picking up their kids from boy scouts getting hit by a car at the track. But it has happened on the street, day in and day out.

I've seen a post of John's where he and another car had to split a slower moving car on the highway during a race, sounds unsafe to me, but he asures everyone it's perfectly safe and deserted highway (track as he called it).

That being said, you take a risk driving to work everyday. I witnessed 2 cars hit deer. My take is, why add unneeded risk?

Do I street race? No. Do I drive aggressive on the street? Depends on what the definition of aggressive is, but I never hit redline, nor exceed triple digits. Do I drive the hell out of my car? Absolutely, at WGI, BeaveRun, Mosport....

I hope John doesn't take this as bashing, but if he kills someone street racing and somehow he gets traced back to Rennlist, it's gonna make this board look bad. And where then would I get my useful technical info?

Quick Reply: Street racing poll