Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB race seats, race suit, roll cage, 5pt belts

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Driv200mph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB race seats, race suit, roll cage, 5pt belts

Where do Rennlisters get the best deal on race gear? I have had vendors reply in the past to my posts???? Are you out there?

Two race seats which accomodate accomodate 5pt harnesses
Light weight body panels
Safety gear: suit, hans/similar, halon sys, fire ext/mount,

Any good roll cage builders?

Need to change from street car to track car in terms of bushings, monoball etc... Advice? Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:18 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I bought my Sparco seats from Primm Racing (www.primmracing.com) a few years ago. They import them (grey market) from the UK. Saved me ~$100 each. Not all of their prices are cheaper than you can get from other authorized US Sparco retailers (e.g. Paragon, OG, Northstar, and others).

I've heard many people say good things about the G-Force belts, which are SFI and FIA rated. Also apparently only ~$100 per set for camlock design. Racer's Wholesale carries them, as well as some other places.

Hubbard-Downing is the only company that makes the HANS device. They sell them to individuals and now have a few authorized distributors (e.g. Northstar Motorsports is one). I'm guessing the pricing is all the same, though I haven't confirmed. I'm thinking of one of these for next year as well.

I do a lot of my safety gear shopping at OG Racing. It's near my work so I can personally go there to get things, but they still have great customer service and competitive pricing. I've also had good service and advice from Northstar.

I'd recommend at least consider companies that sponsor Rennlist and/or PCA Club Racing (if your getting into that). They help pay the bills that allow us to have cheaper fun..

I'm going through the suspension upgrade process myself (haven't bought anything yet, though). Racer's Edge stuff seems to be the most popular. Several retailers carry them (e.g. Paragon) or you can buy directly from Karl (the guy who designed all the stuff: www.racersedge-inc.com). Karl will go out of his way to help you determine what are the right components for your needs (heck, I sent an e-mail asking about the Leda shocks and hard bushings and he called me and talked with me for a half-hour). He's also a kick-*** F-class racer in an S2, as well. Besides Racer's Edge and Kokeln products, there isn't much else out there for 944 hard suspension components.

Good luck,
Jerome
'89 951 E-class (upgrades in progress)
Old 11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can second Karl over at Racer's Edge...He helped me out on my 968 project, too.

Very helpful...

Jason
Old 11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I can help you out with some of the stuff – GT racing fiberglass, Corbeau seats & Harness and Leda & Racers Egde parts.
It looks like the bug has got you in a big way. I may be able to help you with other ideas for a GT car.

Chris White
Old 11-16-2004, 05:18 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought you were looking to sell just a few short weeks ago. new plans???
Old 11-16-2004, 05:30 PM
alexands
Pro

Going throughthe process myself. Got my cage from I/O Port racing. It's an Autopower. I just got G-Force 5pt harneses from SafeRacer. Will probably get all my racing gear from them. I picked up a pair of Momo fiberglass seats at a Porsche swap meet for $110!! With mounting hardware.

I've gotten all of my suspension stuff (Koni) from Paragon and all of my mechanical / engine parts from Lindsey. My maintenance and factory replacement parts I get at Zims (2 miles from my house).
Old 11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Driv200mph
Instructor

Okay! Looks like I owe Karl a call on suspension stuff. Great to hear so many others are at the same place I am at with the interior upgrades!!! Some great info. I am taking more notes than ever trying to keep track of all the names, vendors, etc. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:27 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

hey alexands,

i live like 5 miles from zims, and i also am converting my 951 to a track car this winter (rather, cage and some interior stuff this winter, everything else later). we should get together and check out what is going on! i am in need of advice for specs to prep my car for before i go hog wild with spending. also, i have plenty of experience working on the '44 so if you have any problems and need help let me know! (oh, i am at collins (157) and green oaks in north arlington.)
Old 11-16-2004, 11:12 PM
alexands
Pro

Kevin Duboise, You have a PM.

Quick Reply: WTB race seats, race suit, roll cage, 5pt belts