Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW Viteese Stage II Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 04:36 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremy you bastard, I love nachos, especially when drunk on Corona... how dare you.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:47 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would actually like a set of your fuel lines with the dampener delete, but would like some pics... I thought Matt H was maybe gonna get some but he must have been a bit busy. Can you send me some please?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Pauerman, before bashing my kit on Jeremy's car, perhaps you should get all the facts. Yes, Jeremy had issue with idle and hesitation. Did you ever find out the cause? Was it the Vitesse products? HELL NO!!! How about a short in the wiring that was grounding the injectors? Was is a Vitesse component? NO.. It was an Autometer (or similar) brand that was shorting... I believe if you do a search, you will read Jeremy's comments regarding the gauge...
As far as how many chips he had to go through? Let's see, he tried the 93 oct chip, however due to the 91oct in his area we switched to the 91oct chips...

As far as dynoing the S2 kit.. Where have you been? Perhaps Jeremy didn't dyno his, but many others have... so don't even go there!

One more thing. FYI Jeremy paid for all the parts he has.. From the S2 kit to the chips for his dad's car... So what am I missing here?

You don't have to like me or my products, but get all the facts correct before talking...

Last edited by fast951; 10-24-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pauerman

Ask your friend Kevin about what his thoughts were about teaming up to put together a GT turbo package for the 951. He was all for the idea - remember that Kevin?

Yes I remember that. Heck, I lent you my shoulder for over an hour!

I thought it was a GREAT idea at the time; friends working together to achieve a common goal...

I was excited until I heard the entire story behind the fuel lines. Then, I was sad.

Old 10-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

John, I've got nothing against you or your products. Your MAF kit is a real winner and I'm sure it delivers all that you claim it will.

S2 kit? I don't know what you're talking about.

Crazy Eddie, good luck selling your turbo.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Got Me a Porsha

I was excited until I heard the entire story behind the fuel lines. Then, I was sad.

WTF?? entire story?!? What a joke.
I'd love to hear it some time Kevin - sounds like a best seller. I'm sure it's got some great details.

I'm done with this fun little game.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey "Pal", get one thing straight. I've never made a negative comment about any of your Vitesse products. If you are happy with it, more power to you.
I guess your comments in this thread weren’t negative. In fact they’re glowing with positivity. You are pissed because I tried and compared products and spoke negatively about Guru. Let’s get something straight, my issue with Danno is 1% product and 99% service. Just because you are the “Guru” poster child as I am the “Vitesse” poster child why do you take it so personal>

As the Vitesse poster child you are, why haven't you dynoed your St II kit yet?? You're plugging John's AFM chips up the ying yang based on your dyno run, but considering how long you've had you St II kit it's kinda funny that you "haven't had time" to get it to the dyno. Uh huh... right.
The reality is I’ve been a bit lazy, busy, and up until recently it was over 100 degrees here which isn’t the condition I want to test and tune. I was also trying to get about 2000 miles on the fresh motor before I turned up the boost. Just like you were doing with your 86. Is there an issue with that? I only drive about 100 miles a week on average so you do the math. Up until about 6 weeks ago the boost was set @ 11 psi but it still pulled very strong. The only reason “I dyno’d my dads car when I did was it was being shipped out the next day to NJ. Otherwise I would have waited on that one as well.

Sure some tweeking had to be done, but tell us, how many months has your idling problem persisted. How many chip revisions have you had. I've spoken to you about your problems for months yet you continually throw compliments John's way.
My problems. As John said, I didn’t have tons of revisions. John sent me chips for 91 octane with a slightly less aggressive timing profile. I didn’t want them but he sent them anyway just to be safe. I never had a problem with the 93 chips and wish I still had them. Since I didn’t touch my car for three months while I broke in my dads car, I just didn’t screw with it. But since you really have no idea on what the situation was, I’ll tell you. My car was idling poorly and very rich after start-up (it ran great under load and boost). I put a meter on every sensor on the car and found nothing out of the norm. I also checked all the injectors, chips and everything else I could think of to no avail. I happened to throw a meter on the 02 sensor with the car not running and the key in the on position and found I had .30 v going to the DME. As it turns out my Autometer 02 gauge failed and was sensing a signal out of the pick up line to the DME telling the car to richen itself up. No matter how much fuel the car threw at it, the .30 V signal remained constant and was the source for my rich idle condition. I cut the wire to the gauge and everything was instantly corrected. Who would have thought that an Autometer gauge could fail in that manner? Don’t believe me, I’ll send you that gauge. The second issue was three lifters that wouldn’t hold pressure. Problem solved. The third issue I had was with boost. My 46 mm Tial was sticking and took 25 psi to open. This was due to some bindings of the springs. Again , problem solved. Since you seem to be an expert on my car, please enlighten me on how these are related to my vitesse kit.

Our fuel line idea?? Gimme a ****ing break "PAL" Now you want to take credit for my fuel line kits? You think that cause I gave you a free kit for your Dad's car and one for your car in return for some comments here on Rennlist gives you the right to claim it was your idea?? It must have been your idea then to put the kit together in the first place, your idea to start an LLC, your idea on how draft up the invoices or create an inventory. Blow me "PAL"
Are you smoking pot or something? Let’s refresh your memory a bit in this one. You never gave me a kit for free. Never! The first kit I paid you I think $90 bucks for. Remember? I even think I wrote you a check but I really can’t remember since it was so long ago. I can go through my check book if you need to. The kit for my dads car was for free? I think you’ve been sucking up a bit too much jet fuel my friend. Do you remember calling me to buy the guru chips I had for your 86 so you could send them back to Danno for a 18 psi 26/8 reburn because you didn’t want to pay that much for chips? Do you remember that you needed a stock muffler for your 86? Do you remember me saying that I’ll just trade you for a set of fuel lines for my old mans car and you agreeing? Do you remember me driving down to you house and giving them to you? Is your memory that short? What I do remember is you saying “you owe me” after putting them on my dads car? What did I owe you for? You seem to forget the chips that I gave you. After that fiasco I’ll vowed to never get another set from you again. Since Bob, Steve, and Kevin didn’t want to deal with that situation I since ordered the parts and made kits for them.

Let’s get this straight. I didn’t pimp your or Vitesse’s products because I got them for “free” as you put it. I did it because I believe they were a great product. I don’t need handouts nor do I need to pinch pennies for my stuff. I paid for everything I own. Nothing “thrown over the fence here”.

As far as how the fuel lines came to fruition. I can refresh your memory on that one as well. YOU called me to ask me where I got my fuel lines and what size they were. At the time I was running 6 and 8 AN lines that I picked up from Lopers. You were not willing to pay Cervelli $250 for his set. I also told you where you could get the globe fitting (www.batinc.net). We also discussed the flare and 8 and 10 mm compression fittings. The funny thing about this is Bob and I talked about making the lines for ourselves before I even met you. Do we need to get him to verify it? You just ordered the stuff from Bat and express hose and fitting. In that same conversation, just as the GT 30, you said the words “we” could sell them. At time I didn’t have the time to deal with it and you went at it. You took the time to order everything and set it up so good for you. I’m glad it’s working but don’t make it seem like you had a think tank in your garage and cam up with an “original” idea. Just like 4 weeks ago or so when you called me to find out where you could get the fire sleeving I used on my car as well as where you could get the factory harness connections so you can build your stand alone harness. Knowing where this road was heading I didn’t tell you. It’s that simple. I made mention to you about the AZ TPI dyno not having an operator and that it would be cool for one of us to get a deal with him. No sooner then we hung up the phone you were hauling *** over there to get on board with it. Another one of your “original” ideas. Something I wasn’t going to pursue so good for you. Same thing goes for the x-over pipes and x-member. I was at your house and saw that you had an extra x-over that had been hacked up and mentioned that “we” should get it converted to a 3 piece unit with a v-band clamp. That same week you sought out a local guy to do it and then told me how much you were going to sell them for. Good for you. I too have found someone to do both pieces for $200 and Kevin’s car will have the first units. I think a new acquaintance of mine who is a steam/gas pipe welder for the state will be able to do it for even less. I and many others here in town have noticed how “original” your ideas are and learned not to mention anything to you because you’ll jump all over it and make it your own.

you CLEARLY are a follower.
I guess I am. Because I have the cash to spend on a product and don’t need to squeeze the nickel to see if I can get the buffalo to ****. Personally I would rather spend time enjoying my vehicles then trying to save a buck or two to build my own kit while my car sits inoperable for a year. When’s the last time you has your 89 on the road? There’s more to my life then cars and I have zero aspirations of developing what I believe to be high-end products for the limited and competition flooded 951 market. Right now I know 3 guys that are building their own standalone unit and harness. Good luck with yours as well.

Hey Mario, take your snarky, wise-*** commets back to your garage and go back to fixin' Mustangs. I'm sure we'll all hear more about the infinite races (is that one or two DE events?) you've ran in your 951, your endless experience with building and maintaining the many 951's you've owed(is it 2 now?), chirping 275's in 3rd gear (BTW your car have LSD? - didn't think so) and your endless knowledge of this car.
My comments are only as wise *** as yours Vic. It’s funny now you want to take a shot at my “knowledge”. Fortunately for me I have other cars of interest that serve totally different purposes which I enjoy and my performance knowledge goes far beyond one car. Now I see you’re a tunnel vision 951 guy. An E46M is on my agenda soon as I think that serves and different purpose then the 951. As far as the mustang stuff goes, didn’t you get out of Kevin’s and say the car felt like a missile? Didn’t you have a ****-eating grin on your face when you felt the acceleration? I don’t own one anymore but still build them quite often. I bet I’ve made more money off of them then you have the 951’s this year. As far as maintaining 951’s, how many times have you called me with a question about your clutch, WG, wastegate, etc.. Didn’t I drive to your house and teach you how to tension the belts and lend you my tools? Didn’t you take those same tools (that I make money off) and tension other people belts like you were an expert (even though I just showed you a week before)? As far as my endless experience goes, if I’m so limited, why did you sit on the phone crying to Kevin for 30 minutes because I wouldn’t go into business with you?
Your comment is spot on - you're full of ****.
You’re right, I am. But so are you. I’ve known for a long time it’s all about you Vic and have been extremely cautious. Good luck in your pursuit of 951 tuner fame. I have a few guys coming over today so we can enjoy the cars so I have to go.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Oops this thread got ugly..

I agree that gettings the chips from Vitesse is probably the best idea for this turbo without dyno testing it with another tuner.

The only BS I called was that only the person who specified a turbo can tune it properly, which clearly is not right. False information like that just adds upp to the whole tuner "myths" and is picked up by users not knowing better than to think it's the truth...
And we definatly don't need more false information tossed around by listers who simply pass "information" on
Old 10-24-2004, 05:16 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crazy Eddie: Sold that turbo yet?
Old 10-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Any buyer of this turbo should let the expert who designed this turbo make the chips for it otherwise you'll never see the full potential.
Duke,

I reread my post that you called BS. Maybe it was taken a bit out of context, maybe I wasn't clear enough with my intent, maybe it was a bit if both but this a web board and we all know how that goes. I never said only a person who designed a turbo should tune a chip for it. What I did say (or intended to say) was that in this case, the buyer who picks this one up should get the Vitesse chips. It's that simple. Now I guess I'll list my intent to ensure this wasn't a guru bashing. If this was a standard off-the-shelf TO4E then I think any chip tuner with some skill could look at the compressor maps and come up with a decent chip for it. In this case it's not and you won't find any documentation for it unless John or his turbo builder is willing to supply it. I wasn't thinking the turbo was going to be sold in CA so Danno could be there to burn a chip on the dyno, but was implying my comment for the rest of the country. My concern for just "anyone" putting a chip together for this blind is that the low spool CFM requirements wouldn't be taken into consideration without having intimate knowledge of this particular turbo's characteristics. The resulting chip could be very lean or very rich in the midrange when on the dyno to verify the chips accuracy. It only taked running lean once to do damage. That was my point. I whole heartedly agree that any experienced chip tuner could burn a good chip for this turbo on the dyno but a remote chip burn and exchanging of dyno charts for optimization is not only a hassle, but expensive, and could be detrimental to the life of the motor. I sure hope this clarifies my comments with you and I hope you weren't implying that I just pass information or misinformation. I also agree there's way too much misinformation floating around here and it's hard to take this place very serious anymore.

I am truly sorry that Kevin, John, and Danno were dragged into this. Danno was making an admirable offer to help someone else out and it was nice to see. I am also sorry that hundreds of people had to read this crap and watch a casual friendship degrade before their eyes. It's amazing there's such a difference of perspectives from a distance of only 22 miles and it'll probably never change.

Ed you should delete this post and repost your turbo for sale. I promise I won't comment.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm glad to say I fully agree with you Jeremy
Old 10-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Where are my boots??? Man this **** is gettin' deep!!!!!!!!!

Feel better? Got the last word?

Man, you got a colourful imagination Jeremey. I'll throw some more flowers at you feet while I'm here

Seems like I've "back-doored" you on every one of YOUR ideas!! HAHA You ****ing clown. You truely make me laugh. It's been all about you and your master plans this whole time!! You figured me out man!

You're a delusional piece of garbage. Have fun driving you car.

Last edited by Pauerman; 10-24-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:35 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Oh God....Please make it stop
Old 10-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Zackb911
Racer

Hey guys.... I think hes just trying to sell a turbo here... can we move this to the playground or something?
Old 10-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

I'm done with this fun little game.
Guess not...

Quick Reply: FOR SALE: BRAND NEW Viteese Stage II Turbo