Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW Viteese Stage II Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 03:07 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats cool. I just don't think where in the same page but thats ok.

All I'm saying without doing some homework or testing it would be best to get chips from someone who designed the turbo.

there are other options as you pointed out. I think and posted my opinion on the most cost effective and quickest way to get the best results, consult the builder. He may help tell you where to start on building your own chip..

Sorry Crazy eddie - I meant no harm
Old 10-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
How so Duke? Would you know how to burn chips for my turbo when you have know idea what kind of turbo I have? thats just plain BS. Are you an expert on how fast builds his turbos?
regards
Did you ever read what Jeremy wrote?
He wrote that a person who did not design a certain turbo could never design chips for it who utilize the full potential.

But then again you're right I'm no expert who he builds his turbos... sorry about this post, those turbos probably won't even start without special magic chips...
Old 10-23-2004, 03:36 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

great, glad we're on the same page.. Just kidding..

I still think he's right. Its not that it can't be done, it would be easiest to have the designer do it.

Now, I'm not so sure about those magic chips. It would take some big ones to start those Bad Arsh turbos..hee hee
Old 10-23-2004, 03:48 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im assuming since you guys are very picky with chips that we are talking about this turbocharger installed on a car with an AFM correct?

otherwise just get your piggyback, Fuel Controller, Engine Management whatever and get you car on the dyno and fine tune it.

And BTW read this:

Originally Posted by Danno
"Does it have chips that come with the turbo?"

EJ, I can get you an update to your GURU chips to work with this turbo if you pick it up. Should then require minimal adjustments with the ARC2, like 1-2 clicks here and there.

So, he never said that you need JUST the chips to make the turbo 100%, some fine tuning would STILL be needed........

Funny, there was a thread earlier regarding people passing false info, not reading posts, etc...........wonder what happened here.....
Old 10-23-2004, 04:19 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

What happened here? who knows

Horsey, I think you still missed my point. Never said you don't need fine tuning. Just saying builder of turbo should be able to best match a chip to his turbo.

Actually, I take all my posts back. I just realized I wasted alot of my time that I will never get back bickering over something very stupid
Old 10-23-2004, 04:36 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

It's a simple fact.... There is no way anyone can map a set of chips for an unknown turbo without touching the car. Any tuner, having the turbo on the car, at the dyno or on the road, can map chips...

No Voo-Doo no Abra-cadabra!!
Old 10-23-2004, 04:45 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Evil and fast951 you are both correct, if you didn't touch the car then how on earth can you 'guess' and start mapping out chips, the tuner/turbo manufacturer (in this case vitesse) is the only one that can map chips 'out of the box' since this turbocharger is actually made by them, never argued with anyone here regarding this.

But again, why would you need chips if you got a MAF/MAP setup? John already mentioned earlier that this turbo isn't 'right' for a car with AFM.....unless you already have a MAF/MAP and want John to burn chips for the turbo so you don't have to tune the car yourself......is this possible anyway?
Old 10-23-2004, 10:28 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Pauerman, I did read your message. We are on the same page as far as needing to be on the dyno to tune a car with this turbo, unless you know the flow. We disagree that a good AFM chip will be a good match to the turbo, you can get a working AFM chip, but it will be far from ideal for this turbo.. The AFM is too restrictive for this turbo!!! Also, I did not jump on Danno's $#S, I asked a question and he chose not to respond, not a big deal... so let's not turn this into something it's not..

I know the turbo, I know what it takes to bring it to life, and a AFM chip is not the way to go.. Now if someone wants to try, have fun...
Old 10-24-2004, 12:12 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think regardless of who send you the chip, you would want to dyno a new turbo setup... its pretty hard to take into account every mod done and characteristic of the car to get the best result...
Old 10-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

But then again you're right I'm no expert who he builds his turbos... sorry about this post, those turbos probably won't even start without special magic chips... [/QUOTE]

Duke, I think you should re read my post a bit bud. I never said another person couldn't program a chip for this turbo. What I did say is that is would be best for the purchaser of this turbo to buy the chip from John. What that would guarantee is that the chip would get there on time, it would be pretty close to optimal, and wouldn't require 35 re burns/dyno sessions to get it right. How is Danno or anyone else going to know what the flow and spool up characteristics of this turbo are without testing? Is there anyone else out there that has John's timing curve? Quite possibly, this turbo will be coming to AZ. If it was going to mid CA, then I say give Danno a shot if that's your preference. But unless the "tuner" couldn't be at the dyno runs, the chips from John are the best bet. It only takes running lean once to do damage. If this was the guru 364 kit, I would say get the chips from Danno, not John.

Vic, I'm quite surprised on your response and direction as it was quite condescending. BTW, how well did your map kit run with Guru chips? Remember the detonation I had in my car with them? Weren't you there with me when Cervelli even said the Guru chips were junk anfter dynoing our cars? You like who you like, I like who I like. If the turbo makes it here on Bob or Kevin's car, can you burn the chips for it since you seem to be an expert????

The original point of my post was why would someone buy that kind of turbo to use with an AFM when they can get the same performance out of an 26/6. It's like putting a SFR header system and cat back on a NA. Vic, didn't you tell me you made 270 ish RWHP with your 26/8 and AFM. Why even but this turbo then?
Old 10-24-2004, 01:35 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Vic, I'm quite surprised on your response and direction as it was quite condescending. BTW, how well did your map kit run with Guru chips? Remember the detonation I had in my car with them? Weren't you there with me when Cervelli even said the Guru chips were junk anfter dynoing our cars? You like who you like, I like who I like. If the turbo makes it here on Bob or Kevin's car, can you burn the chips for it since you seem to be an expert????

The original point of my post was why would someone buy that kind of turbo to use with an AFM when they can get the same performance out of an 26/6. It's like putting a SFR header system and cat back on a NA. Vic, didn't you tell me you made 270 ish RWHP with your 26/8 and AFM. Why even but this turbo then?
Jeremey,

The Link AFM has it's own inherent problems regardless of what chip was running it. I thought my car ran like **** with this setup and I got rid of it.

Your comment about Cervelli is not accurate - he never mentioned a negative word about my chips. On my initial dyno runs, (273.25whp/322lbft @15psi w/AFM) Chris complemented the mapping on my Guru chips. His comment to me was directed to 951's in gerneral - "they're pieces of ****" is what he said. Of course owning/racing a 996 has probably distorted his views of the 951 and its capabilities.

I have never claimed to be a expert chip programmer wise guy.. just get off your Guru bashing binge man. It's ****ty you had a bad experience with him - move on. Surprisingly enough, there are some satified Guru customers on this forum. I won't make any excuses for the many times Danno has fk-ed up with others but at the same time the continuous bashes and jabs you make can be construed as an insult for the satisfied customers who have spent their hard earned cash on Guru products. It's been said a million times - Buyer beware - end of story.

To be fair why don't you truthfully comment on your experiences with your Vitesse St II kit. Has it lived up to your expectation? Have you had any issues with it?? Come on man.

I am not posting to try and sway any potential buyer for this turbo one way or another. The point I tried to make is that someone local to Danno could benefit from his offer and use this turbo as a stepping stone upgrade. Short of paying for a full MAF kit up front, keeping the AFM with Danno's chip offer and getting them dyno tuned would be more cost effective in the short term - some may find this option attractive. Most of all, if the customer wanted to step up to a MAF later on the turbo will be just waiting to deliver it's full potential.

Like I said before, based on the circumstances, there is more than one option available to a perspective buyer.

Last edited by Pauerman; 10-24-2004 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pauerman
Jeremey,
I have never claimed to be a expert chip programmer wise guy.. just get off your Guru bashing binge man. It's ****ty you had a bad experience with him.

To be fair why don't you comment on your experience with your Vitesse St II kit. Has it lived up to your expectation? Have you had any issues with it?? Come on man.
Vic,

This isn't a guru bashing. Not at all. In fact. I think it was respectable for Danno to offer his chips at a discounted rate. I was quite surprised in what he would do to help a fellow rennlister sell his turbo. Thumbs up to danno on this one but I still believe that that isn't the ideal situation or choice for this turbo. If this was a Guru 346 for sale, Danno wouldn't either.

As far as my vitesse kit goes, it absolutely lives up to my expectations and goes far beyond. In fact, looking back on this situation, I've made more off of Vitesse then he'll ever make off me. As far as my "issues" go, Vitesse's turbo builder made a big mistake with my first turbo and it grenaded due to a thrust bearing failure. I think it was contaminated but who knows. Vitesse had a new one at my door before I got my old one off and changed turbo suppliers. It didn't cost me a dime. How's that for customer service? You have aspirations to be a big shot tuner. Are you saying your turbo builder will never have ONE go bad? As far as satisfaction goes, you know how pleased I've been with my kit so don't even try to spin that one pal. As far as performance goes, drive up and I'll take you for a spin or come out to the track event on the 6th at firebird and check it out. Ever see 275's on a 951 spin in third with ease????? Better yet, bring the 3.0 L with the GT and run with me. Do you remember riding in my Dad's virtually stock car with the Vitesse chips running with the wrong FQS and wrong FPR and YOU commenting on how strong it felt? He's since changed it to the proper setings and has told me it picked up even more power over the 24HP/285tq that it had when it was here in 110 degree temps. Didn't you comment how "slick" my SMT set up was and how easy it was to tune when I first started my car up.At this point John has 99.9% customer satisfaction, can you say that about your choice? Reality is that you've had a bug up your *** with me and John since I fitted the GT 30's with Scott and it's pretty evident. Get over it man.

You seem to have a problem that people who have actually tried John's products and support them and people who dislike "your favorite" and comment negatively. I find it funny that you have a problem that I support or promote John. Do I need to remind you of how our, I mean your fuel line idea and business got rolling? Do you need a reminder how many times I stated that the lines were better then Technodynes, SFR, or Rennbay's? You seem to have a short memory "pal".

At the end of the day, Hey everyone....... Crazy Eddie is selling a really sweet turbo at a good price.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:37 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

You know what's the real problem here? Once the word CHIPS comes out, everyone get's involved and things get out of hands.......

Eddie.........put that turbo on ebay and sell it
Old 10-24-2004, 03:24 AM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

"As far as my vitesse kit goes, it absolutely lives up to my expectations and goes far beyond. "

I can attest to this, as John has been very supportive of my new package, and the brand new motor isn't even in the car yet. I can't wait!

"Ever see 275's on a 951 spin in third with ease????? "

Yep, been in it, pucker factor 9! I hope mine runs that well...

"Didn't you comment how "slick" my SMT set up was and how easy it was to tune when I first started my car up."

I was there! I agreed with Vic how slick that set up was!

"At this point John has 99.9% customer satisfaction, can you say that about your choice? Reality is that you've had a bug up your *** with me and John since I fitted the GT 30's with Scott and it's pretty evident. Get over it man."

Yeah man, you were pretty upset about that. Too bad, could have been a great opportunity!

At the end of the day, Hey everyone....... Crazy Eddie is selling a really sweet turbo at a good price.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:00 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Kev, Considering you sit on 600HP daily, I take the "pucker comment" as a huge comment. I hope if we were talking about the turns you would have gave me a 9.5 right? I'm glad to see someone else in the state get over his own ego and give another tuner a shot even though you didn't find him first. What will you be doing with the "Vic's favorite tuner's" chips that are in your car with the blown motor now??????? I have no doubt you'll love the k27 and Vitesse accessories. And yes, you haven't spent a dime with Vitesse and he's been very good to you.

I'm glad someone else can verify's Vic's comments on the Vitesse products as well as his reaction to the Scott/Gt 30 fiasco. He doesn't like it when someone has an opinion or an idea other then his own, and takes it as a personal insult if someone doesn't like a particular product that he does or has on his car. Hey, I don't like Mexican food either. Now I'm really on a **** list with everyone that likes seafood tacos. Bey hey, I'm full of **** anyways.

Quick Reply: FOR SALE: BRAND NEW Viteese Stage II Turbo