Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Finding THE 951S

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Kesepton
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finding THE 951S

Hey, ive been on quite a journey now looking for MY 951S. Which is a black 944 turbo 89' I know I know, itll be nearly impossible to find one. So, now ive decided any 89' turbo but, i had a question. Do you guys have any suggestions as to where to look for one? I looked at the classifieds here and, they look a bit overpriced (really over priced) IMO. I am weary of ebay. I check roadfly and also local/near me listings also. But, anyother sites you can suggest?

thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are a PCA member and get the monthly Panorama magazine, there always seem to be several Turbo S cars advertised in the For Sale section every month. Also, they show up in the ads in the back of Excellence magazine. Beware that the asking prices tend to be high. The Northeast PCA region has an online listing of cars for sale here.

BTW my black '89 Turbo is not for sale. Sorry!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This one looks nice, but I know nothing about it:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=1907
Old 10-07-2004, 03:27 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that one looks VERY nice. probably the nicest one i've seen advertised in a while.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Kesepton
Racer

BTW my black '89 Turbo is not for sale. Sorry!
awh man, youve broken my heart... i would have been better off if you hadnt of told me you had one. did you buy yours used or have you had that baby for a long time? sooo hard to find...

thanks for all the help. I am not a PCA member since i dont own a porsche and i dont have any money. If there were anyway you could send me the ads though as they came up, thatd be super cool.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:44 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

wait a minute - i thought you were looking to buy a 951 - yet you don't even have enough money to join PCA??

i'm confused.

my satin black metallic 89 isn't for sale, either....
Old 10-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Kesepton
Racer

what i meant was, i dont have any money to just join clubs and not own the car. I know itll pay off if i have the car but, if i dont have one and end up getting something else, ill be screwed out of some money. basically, i dont have money to waste, not saying i wouldnt learn alot of information or anything like that..

nevermind, i dont know if you get it or not, i dont even think i do.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

um...ok.
well - either way - welcome to rennlist. hopefully you can join someday.

good luck with the search - they're great cars.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:00 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you let emotions get out of hand, why a 951S and not a 951? I've noticed how expensive 951S is as well, and for the price many sellers are asking, you can find a nice 951 and upgrade it. In fact, an upgraded 951 is not too different from an upgraded 951S b/c you end up replacing so many things that make the 951S special.

If you are set on a 951S, my advice is to be patient. I've always wanted the Silver Rose (mmmm plaid...) and waited until a deperate seller came along. For that vehicle, I didn't pay a premium over regular 951.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kesepton
awh man, youve broken my heart... i would have been better off if you hadnt of told me you had one. did you buy yours used or have you had that baby for a long time? sooo hard to find...

thanks for all the help. I am not a PCA member since i dont own a porsche and i dont have any money. If there were anyway you could send me the ads though as they came up, thatd be super cool.
I can scan the ad section of the current issue and e-mail it to you. You can pass me your e-mail address here or via PM if you prefer.

Another place to look is the Web sites of the other PCA regions. I gave the link to the Northeast Region because that's where I am. Go to the PCA Region Directory and you can find links to the other regions.

Believe it or not, I bought my '89 brand spanking new! I'm of the very few original Turbo owners on this board. Back in '89, the 944 Turbo's had really gone out of favor because of the Japanese competition and the Porsche dealers could barely even give the cars away. As a result they were giving incredible deals to buyers, so I took the plunge! The rest is history!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Kesepton
Racer

Believe it or not, I bought my '89 brand spanking new! I'm of the very few original Turbo owners on this board. Back in '89, the 944 Turbo's had really gone out of favor because of the Japanese competition and the Porsche dealers could barely even give the cars away. As a result they were giving incredible deals to buyers, so I took the plunge! The rest is history!
yeah, i read about that. Kesepton @ Gmail.com

anyone who has viable info to my search would be greatly appreciated.

the reason why i wanted the 951S is because from some of the mods i read, i hear you get much more yield for the exact same part for than in the 951. but now that i think about it, it dosent make much sense. Maybe itll give you larger yeild but in the end, itll all end up fair wouldnt it? also, i checked out the porschenet.com/martcars.html and it wouldnt come up and neither did its root address. but yeah, thanks for all the great replies.

Before you let emotions get out of hand, why a 951S and not a 951? I've noticed how expensive 951S is as well, and for the price many sellers are asking, you can find a nice 951 and upgrade it. In fact, an upgraded 951 is not too different from an upgraded 951S b/c you end up replacing so many things that make the 951S special.
you know, thats what ive always wanted to hear from someone but no one said it. Ill be lookin for a black 951 now. thanks, you saved me months of searching and quite a bit of money.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much are you willing to spend on mine?
100k miles, lots of extras
Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Kesepton
Racer

well, how much are you asking? would you really sell it? i have been looking for a car for quite sometime, i will probably be buying around winter time because i get out of school at that time for a month and i will be able to do lots of work on it to try my best to get it runnin well so i dont have to work on it during school.

email me a quote if your serious also some pictures or what not.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:52 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Mine is for sale, but not cheap, and not really adapted to the streets, albeit legal here.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Kesepton
Racer

yeah im in cali and, im sure most of you know how it goes down here

Quick Reply: Finding THE 951S