Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

86 951 for sale, $5,500...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:37 PM
madsedan
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 86 951 for sale, $5,500...

I just paid $5,500 for this car and have found another one I want to get so this one is up for what I paid for it last week, info from the original ebay add listing all I know from the previous owner is below, located in Birmingham.
I just drove the car 500+ miles and got 31mpg on the highway...

You are bidding on a really great Porsche 944 Turbo, otherwise known as a 951. I have owned this car for a short time, and am buying a new house, so I need to round up money for the downpayment!
It has NEW Kumho tires front and rear... 205/55/16 and 245/50/16. New cap and rotor, new performance plug wires, BRAND new Bosch fuel injectors, new billet Lindsay adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail fuel guage, NEW Bosch high performance fuel pump, new fuel filter,new fuel relay, all new Linsay vac line set, Billet Lindsay BOV, Linsay boost enhancer, new plugs, intake kit, Autoauthority performance chips, Weltmeister front lowering springs, NEW MOMO Steering wheel, NEW MOMO wooden shift ****, MOMO door sills, MOMO pedals, Alpine CD player, Flowmaster muffler , NEW BRA and MIRROR BRAs,and much more.... THIS ONE IS FAST!!!!!

Vehicle Condition

I will try to describe the condition as best I can. The paint is the worst part about the car. Not bad, but could use a little work. A little faded in places, but I am sure would buff out to look better. The car looks great to me the way it is!!!! The paint under the bra is not that great... you know how those front ends get. There is a small crack in the windshield on the lower drivers side, but it is low and not very noticeable. The car has a small oil leak when setting for a while... a few drips on the floor, unsure where it is coming from, but it never bothered me or the previous owner enough to check into. The power steering has been taken out (pump and resivouir) for better road feel... I personally like it this way better, but I have the pump if you would like to put it back. I was told by the previous owner who did all of his mechanical work (He has 3 more 951's in his garage) that the timing belt and water pump had been replaced recently. The A/C is not working. The interior is nice. The seats are great. There is one tear on the drivers bolster, but it is not real noticeable because of where it is. All the guages work with the exception of the odometer.... the little plastic gear (23.00) broke a few weeks ago. The carpet is in good shape but could use a few replacement clips in the trunk area that hold it to the sides. The clutch feels GREAT, and all the power works. (seats, windows, sunroof...)
I beleive I have covered everything... Most of the mods were done by me within the past month.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:40 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

pics?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:47 PM
madsedan
Racer

Here''s the ebay link from when I bought it, let me know if you can see pics on here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Old 09-06-2004, 05:50 PM
madsedan
Racer

Oh yeah, the tires look almost new, and I threw in some new speakers up front a couple days ago.
The wastegate is vented atmospherically. My brother in law drove behind me at night and day coming back from Kentucky and said he never saw any smoke. Transmission shifts smoothly, I took it our for a 30 minute drive today with the sunroof out and thouroughly enjoyed it. I have an appointment to check out some custom exhaust work and a new wastegate.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:58 AM
madsedan
Racer

Comes with factory repair books, in 3 or 4 big binders, the owners manual is stamped up to about 10X,000 miles.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 AM
boosted951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mad.... that's a pretty good looking car....except the bra...LOL j/k Can't believe you want to get rid of it already. You must have found an awesome car to want to go thru the hassle of reselling this one... I'm in the ATL if you want to get together. Good luck on selling this. Let us all know what new car you are getting.

BTW.... that sure is a TALL Momo shifter...LOL

If you wanted to sell the factory repair manuals seperately...let me know..... PM me
Old 09-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

*sigh* when will these people that want to come on here and just "make a buck" just knock it off. For cryin' out loud, just buy a membership, spend the 20 bucks, help John D. out and then post some bloody pics. I think you'd gain more credibility among the others here if you were a member too; people would know you're not just a dealer trolling for sales or something.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:52 AM
madsedan
Racer

Geez Porsche-O-Phile, kind of harsh on the newbie this morning aren't you, I have no pics to post yet just the ebay add pics. You need some coffee
I am a board member of the BMWCCA
member #182721 if that helps with any credibility or anything, not a dealer, loosing money on the deal, just trying to get what I can out of it.

The car looks better in pics than in person, its just the paint really, could use a paint job, the paint under the bra is pretty rough.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea, I guess I shouldn't post before the morning joe. . . Thanks for setting the record straight. At least you have almost 100 posts; I just get sick of guys with 5 posts coming on here and posting "MY 944 FOR SALE - LOOK HERE!!!" and stuff. It just isn't fair to John D. You're probably fine. My apologies. I go now in search of the caffienated elixir of happiness.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:03 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where in Alabama are you located? Let me know.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:03 PM
madsedan
Racer

Birmingham. I wish I knew more about these cars, I come from a vast BMW background, but it drives well on the highway and around town and I couldn't believe I got 31mpg on the trip from Louisville last week.
I'm guessing if its not smoking at all or very little and it got mileage like that the motor must be pretty solid.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:41 PM
boosted951
Racer

are you going to get another 951?

Let me know about the manuals.....
Old 09-07-2004, 01:15 PM
madsedan
Racer

I don't know yet, I have a buddy wanting to sell his M3 and if I can sell this in the next week or two I may buy it. I know how to take an M3 apart and put it back together again, my mechanical comfort level just isn't as high with this car. I need to either spend about $500-700 on some exhaust work and a new wastegate or sell and get another car. I'm an idiot, I don't know what I want to do, I just thought if someone wanted it I'd sell it and pay some bills off and spend a little more on a nicer car, I should have done that to begin with. I could probably part it out and get $5-5,5k for the parts. Looks like a tranny is worth $500+, motor may be worth $1,500+, good seats maybe worth $500 and then all the other bits like intercooler, rims/new tires, turbo, computer, etc.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
madsedan
Racer

Also, I will include the new odometer gear and trick A/F light for the factory dash clock that I ordered from Rennbay last week.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:58 PM
boosted951
Racer

I say you keep the car and fixer up. Everyone loves a challenge.... I need to fix some oil leakage on Blake's old car..... from B'ham..... I love the way the car drives and it is pretty darn fast..... I considered getting an M3, but I like the 951 a lot better.... Once I get it to where I want it....I'll never want to part ways....

Quick Reply: 86 951 for sale, $5,500...