In a bind...944 cat-back for sale, TX.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 04:19 PM
makenzie71
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
Makenzie:

You'll find Keith is WELL respected here and is looking out for fellow listers. I was going to respond to your ad until I saw his post. I then held off waiting for your side of the story. Based on your flame of his legitimate concern, I, for one, would certainly not do business with you. All you needed to do was respond in a civilized manner with your situation. Put yourself in our shoes and you'll see why this may be a little scary. You could end up with close to $200 of Eyal's money and a new testpipe to boot. Build a history here first, or be civilized and back your claims.

Keith:
Thanx for the heads up
I've been doing business for quite a while...mostly with the RX-7 community. This is my attempt to start a history here.

I also made the very clear request to Adam H that he pay via paypal...paypal will protect his money...I prefer to only be paid throguh paypal or via credit card so that there is insurance. I won't be doing any business with Eyal until Adam recieves his cat-back...and then, if theres anough of a demand and/or concern, I will look into getting permission to vend on through this forum.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:24 PM
makenzie71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tifosiman
With all due respect, on 7/15/04 you stated that you just found this forum, when you posted your BMW for sale.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-and-944s-forum/145783-fs-t-1993-bmw-325is-sport-package-in-ct.html

Sorry...that was a cut-n-paste from another forum...lol.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:26 PM
icat
Race Car

Both of your posts offer something for sale. This one is against the rules of this forum - period. You're a vendor with something to sell and that's fine. But there are rules here that are designed to protect the intrest of those who are MEMBERS of this community. You want me to beleive you've been here for years - prove it. Then explain to me why you've taken from this community for so long but don't seem to be able to offer anything of value until it benefits you?
You brought your street talk on my home turf and I take offense. Flame? I wouldn't dignify you with a flame job. Besides, all the flames appear to be coming from you. But keep on digging - I figure you're about 6 feet under already.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:33 PM
makenzie71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by icat
Both of your posts offer something for sale. This one is against the rules of this forum - period. You're a vendor with something to sell and that's fine. But there are rules here that are designed to protect the intrest of those who are MEMBERS of this community. You want me to beleive you've been here for years - prove it. Then explain to me why you've taken from this community for so long but don't seem to be able to offer anything of value until it benefits you?
Haven't had a porsche, nor experience, so what could I offer this community? And I don't get the "members" thing...you'll have to explain that to me...
Old 09-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Swedeboy
Pro

Ehhmm. You haven't been at this very long have you? Link

You seem to be fairly legitimate - but obviously have a lot of learning to do in terms of business. First lesson: don't insult potential customers. Second lesson: never mix business cash with personal cash.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:51 PM
icat
Race Car

OK, I'll assume the last part of your reply is a legit question and answer it as so. There are two levels of participation on Rennlist - Those who are Rennlist Members and those who are Registered Users. Members pay a fee of $18 a year (or $17.95 or something to that effect) to support the site and keep it running. Rennlist Members, as a general rule, have a vested interest in the site and keeping it within the rules. However, the charter applies to EVERYONE - and that includes new users.
As for the first part - man oh man - if I really wanted to flame you I'd have all the ammo I needed for a VERY prolonged war!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:55 PM
makenzie71
Intermediate

SGW just started, but I've been doing this since highschool. Icat hasn't given me any sign of being a potential customer...

Icat...link to the donation page? I have no problem donating. And flamewars are fun...usually...but this isn't a place for it. I click the membership lnk up top and just get "page not found"...

Last edited by makenzie71; 09-01-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:42 PM
icat
Race Car

https://rennlist.com/members.htm

As for the "potential customer" comment...
Let me tell you a little story about a "salesman" that pissed away a VERY large commission on Sunday. I went into Star Furniture looking to unload my wallet on new furniture. The "salesman" decided to rate me by what I was wearing. As Julie Roberts would say.... Big Mistake! Huge! I had just finished laying 9 pallets of sod in the backyard, gone in an taken a shower, thrown on a pair of comfortable jeans, and I was ready to buy. But evidently he wanted to feel good about his station in life. I assume he went home broke that day because he didn't get any commission off me. The sofa and chair I went in to purchase came to a tad bit over $5,000 and it was a cash purchase for me. Moto of the story - If you want to be successful in business - then EVERYONE is a potential customer.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
makenzie71
Intermediate

My statement was derived from your sig...I'm not aiming at a 951 market because I'm not 100% I can fit it propperly. I'm wanting to in the future, but I'm not going to push it hard right now as a product I offer. I might change my mind after Adam H gets his setup...you might change yours about me, then, as well.

thnx for the link.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:24 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mak-

I think what everyone is trying to communicate here is that your original solicitation really wasn't executed appropriately. There is a charter and it is there for a reason. If it didn't exist, neither would Rennlist because it would be nothing more than a bunch of ads.

I am also not an expert on the rules here, but I am pretty sure this isn't acceptable. You should be commended for trying to help out the 944 community with your business. I do suggest you conduct yourself in a more professional manner because the 944 community has had some bad experiences lately with vendors.

Icat is a cool guy, but as a more experienced RL'r he doesn't like to see it tarnished. I think you can conduct business here if you become a member, but you might want to talk to John D about it. He is the conductor on this train.

To comment on your offering, you shouldn't underestimate the difficulty in reproducing an exhaust from the turbo downpipe back on this car. It takes a few more bends than it would seem. When you are selling sight unseen without local support you will need to guarantee a very good fit. An exhaust that doesn't fit is worthless. Good luck and try to make amends in order to reclaim some goodwill. Also, try to fix the spelling and grammar, you will appear much more professional.

Max
Old 09-01-2004, 07:01 PM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by makenzie71
My statement was derived from your sig...I'm not aiming at a 951 market because I'm not 100% I can fit it propperly. I'm wanting to in the future, but I'm not going to push it hard right now as a product I offer. I might change my mind after Adam H gets his setup...you might change yours about me, then, as well.

thnx for the link.
Your welcome.
As for the 951, there is also a 924S in my sig (I can swing both ways). Good luck on your product offering - I do not mean your business harm in anyway. I'm just looking out for my buds. If you are legit, you'll find I can support your new venture even better than I can trash it. If you really want the respect of the community in general, then contact The Rennlist man himself - John D. - he can set you up as a vendor on the site and then we'll put you to the test to see how your product fairs against the better know units already out there. I will offer this piece of advise - the number of 944's in existance isn't great at all. This is a hard game to make a buck in and there are already several vendors offering similar pieces. Your units may be different - they certainly are less expensive. Just keep in mind it's a small market.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Adam H
Pro

Hold on a second. . . Can anybody else confirm that a 944 catback will fit a 951 with only a different flange? The price is excellent, but I definitely don't want to deal with fitment issues.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
makenzie71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Adam H
Hold on a second. . . Can anybody else confirm that a 944 catback will fit a 951 with only a different flange? The price is excellent, but I definitely don't want to deal with fitment issues.

I confrimed it on Pelicanforums...they seem more of parts traders there so I'm taking their word for it.

Icat...I didn't notice the "S" on the end of that 924. Will the standard 944 exhaust bolt to it without problem? I don't know anything about the older 924's.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:17 AM
icat
Race Car

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. New house is taking most of my time so I only get to "play" on Rennlist when I'm at work.
A 924S uses the same engine as the 944, however there are body differences and there may be frame differences as well. The muffler is the same on both the 924S and the 944 - I'm not positive about the pipes. I'll see what I can find. BTW, the stock muffler for the 951 is not the same as the 924S/944.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:28 AM
icat
Race Car

Quick "surf" around the internet reveals that the 951 Cat Back will NOT fit a 944. Also noted that the 924S would use a different cat back as well.

Quick Reply: In a bind...944 cat-back for sale, TX.