Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

lindsey exhaust install

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004 | 04:54 PM
Andre
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lindsey exhaust install

i got the alluminized exhaust from lindsey racing but i am having trouble putting it together. I attached the first pipe to the downpipe and now i am having trouble. Its supposed to go after that, the extension, then the pipe with the bend then the muffler and then the straight pipe with the hanger weld right?

i cant get the extenstion on the pipe with the bend, i assume the extension goes on the side that the hanger weld is on because the original hanger is around that area but i cant get it on...any feedback?am i doing something stupid?
Old 08-21-2004 | 11:20 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

can you find a pic on their website?
I can't see what your talking about, post a pic.
Old 08-22-2004 | 03:05 AM
killer miller
Track Day

andre,

i went through the same thing about a month ago. Yes I felt stupid as well but it turns out ok when you find yourself a vice and bend it out so it fits. the whole set takes a little manipulating to put on but it will eventually go in the car quite nicely. As far as your description goes on what goes where... its right on dont worry about that. If you have anymore questions just let me know
Henry
Old 08-22-2004 | 10:23 AM
alexands
Pro

Those kits are about 95% fits IMO. I introduced my Lindsey exhaust to Mr. Hammer, Jr., Mr. Hammer Sr., and Mr. Vise numerous times. It all fits well now ;-)

The collar connectors they ship with are garbage, though. Big time leaks. Save yourself the trouble and get some U clamps.
Old 08-22-2004 | 12:39 PM
Andre
Burning Brakes

yea i just got the thing on, after i posted i just hammered it a little, did the trick. Yea i noticeed the connectors are horrible, they dont go around the pipe all the way and i'm guessing it'll leak like a bastard, i tried to use those seals they come with best i could but the whole thing was kinda...eh

I do have one question. i had to frickin push it like crazy to get it to catch on the second hanger, the entire thing wanted to go into the floor. anyway when i got it up there the first hanger was useless, i couldn't even get it in there, i cut it down a little but then realized that it wouldn't be doing anything. So i have it on the hanger in the middle of the car and one at the muffler, it should be ok just on those 2 hangers right?
Old 08-22-2004 | 10:18 PM
poormans9fitty1
Banned

Let us know how it is when you are finished! I am also looking into exhaust right now. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2004 | 12:06 AM
Andre
Burning Brakes

i am finished, haven't taken it out on the road yet but its much quiter than it was before...lol i had just the cat on there. so this is a nice change. To be honest with you, best way to go, since you dont seem to be in a rush is just go to a custom pipe guy and i bet they can put one together for you for 500, if that, and mufflers are cheap... so you could save some money and get a better made exhaust that is garanteed to fit really well, cuz i had to do some pushin, pullin and hammering to get this thing on. its expected but if you bring your car to a custom place you wont have to do that crap.
Old 08-23-2004 | 12:58 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

What are you guys talking about??? I bought the complete Lindsey exhaust, and it fit as good as the stock one I replaced. No hammering, and actually, no cussing either. Its VERY nice stuff, in my opinion, unless something has changed with the way they are making them.

Regards,
Old 08-23-2004 | 09:40 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

I had the same issues as u Andre, hangers 1. didn't match up and 2. didn't reach the connection points. Needed custom mods. The Flowmaster muffler was a bad choice also for me, too lound and truck like, replaced it. With hindsight would have gone custom also.
Old 08-23-2004 | 11:17 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

That many guys saying the same thing makes me think that something has changed since I bought my exhaust last year. Like I said previously, mine fit just like a stock exhaust. I wonder what happened...

Regards,

Quick Reply: lindsey exhaust install