NE1 see this Euro 951 on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:02 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default NE1 see this Euro 951 on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I was doing my usual browse through 951's on e-bay and noticed the vin# for this car has the euro ZZZ in it. It also has the euro rear bumper and a stange instrument cluster. I don't think this seller knows what he has.

There is also one on there that has never been titled that's up to $22k...
Old 08-13-2004, 10:24 AM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe they drilled license plate holes in that euro bumper to put that godawful reflector on the back.
Other than that, that is a really nice 951. It looks like it has sport seats, too.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:30 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does it have the front side markers and the euro markers? Probably was in a accident and had the front nose replaced.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

DOT regs likely required the addition of the side markers in front as part of the gray-market certification. You'll also see the rear side markers were added in a non-factory position. Pity they needed to cut into the quarters for those.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:51 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Here is the car v944god was supposed to buy from Promotion. Don't think he knew what he was missing either when he made the decision to turn it down. Very stock looking, but damn what a pretty car!

EDIT: forgot to mention this is a euro car, but I just figured everyone could tell as there are no front side markers

Last edited by badass951; 08-13-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How do I fully decode a Vin number? My car also has ZZZ in the vin....
Old 08-14-2004, 12:48 AM
944T4ME
Racer

Every Porsche has zzz under the hood. The vin on the window is what counts. Unless its been messed with. That red one is not a euro because of the front bumper. My bumper is off a euro. Notice the side markers are gone.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:51 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 944T4ME
That red one is not a euro because of the front bumper. .
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that statement. The front bumper is the easiest thing to bolt on/off, and could have been replaced due to an accident or some sort of government import regs. The things that are harder to change are the fenders (with the proper indent for the small euro side markers) and the rear quarters. Take a good look at this car. The front fenders are definetly euro and the rear side markers have been installed post-factory, higher than they should be (probably another import reg thing). I'd be willing to bet $5 that this is a euro car, unless someone went to a lot of trouble to fil in the rear side markers, and then re-install them in the incorrect spot.

Old 08-14-2004, 08:16 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that statement. The front bumper is the easiest thing to bolt on/off, and could have been replaced due to an accident or some sort of government import regs. The things that are harder to change are the fenders (with the proper indent for the small euro side markers) and the rear quarters. Take a good look at this car. The front fenders are definetly euro and the rear side markers have been installed post-factory, higher than they should be (probably another import reg thing). I'd be willing to bet $5 that this is a euro car, unless someone went to a lot of trouble to fil in the rear side markers, and then re-install them in the incorrect spot.
I agree, the side markers need drilling (very VERY carefully) or new fenders. Bumpers are easy to replace.

Probably a conversion took place or an accident.

In both cases, the front bumper was changed in the US, in Europe, the front bumper would be eurospec, in the US, well...US spec and had no choice but to get a bumper with US spec markers.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:02 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Either way, it's a beautiful car!

Quick Reply: NE1 see this Euro 951 on e-bay