Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Evergreen Raptor X - What are your supporting mods and how much power are you making?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2024, 08:12 AM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Evergreen Raptor X - What are your supporting mods and how much power are you making?

I did not see a thread that might compile a list of mods to support an Evergreen Raptor X upgrade. Might help some people in their search for knowledge before they decide what to do. What did you do or are presently doing and what are you power numbers.

Here's what I have.

Stock 2.5 M44/52
Refurbished head
Vulcan cut ring head gasket
ARP head studs
Forge diverter valve
Lindsey Silicone J boot, and intercooler hoses
Stock intercooler pipes
Stock AFM with Lindsey adapter plate and cone filter
3.0 Bar FPR
Deca 630 injectors
Fabspeed cat-bypass
Broadfoot Racing catback
Tial F38 wastegate with .8 bar spring
Lindsey MBC (going to do an ebc soon, Innovate Motorsports with AFR)
Evergreen Raptor X - K27/8 mated to stock downpipe.
Custom chip tuning by a local guy to me here in Connecticut. Bill with BillT Industries or Revolution Motorsport CT, likely going to microsquirt in the future.

Below numbers are from being dyno tuned on a hot day with relatively high humidity. It is set to FQS 5 and will probably stay there till I get stand alone. Tuner said its currently set around 17-18 psi. My butt dyno is enjoying it.

Last edited by JC951; 08-21-2024 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2024, 08:46 AM
DLS
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it wheel or crank hp ?
Old 08-21-2024, 12:28 PM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DLS
Is it wheel or crank hp ?
Wheel, it was dyno tuned and road tuned for partial throttle. It was pretty hot when it was tuned, so numbers should be a little higher with the cooler air coming in.

Last edited by JC951; 08-21-2024 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2024, 12:18 AM
Jotronic
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going in a similar route soon. I'm waiting on my new Kroon wire harness.

88 951
Stock motor with good leak down and compression #s.
MBC
LR fuel rail
Remote 3.0 FPR
Looking for 875cc injectors but will probably go with 630cc like you did
Fabspeed turbo back with 200 cel cat
Evergreen RaptorX K27/6
I've got some chips from John Behe on the way but I'm also getting a Maxx ECU Race with some tunes preinstalled. I'm going to run both for an A/B comparison since no one else has done something like this, that I can find anyway.
I will say your numbers are concerning for me as your boost is quite high and your #'s I thought would be higher. John is keeping my boost capped at 17psi since my motor has never been opened up but even without touching the stock turbo 300 whp should be possible with the right bolt ons. Maybe your heat issue is having quite the impact, but I"ll report back when I get everyone set up and on the dyno.

Last edited by Jotronic; 09-23-2024 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2024, 08:41 AM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jotronic
I'm going in a similar route soon. I'm waiting on my new Kroon wire harness.

88 951
Stock motor with good leaddown and compression #s.
MBC
LR fuel rail
Remote 3.0 FPR
Looking for 875cc injectors but will probably go with 630cc like you did
Fabspeed turbo back with 200 cel cat
Evergreen RaptorX K27/6
I've got some chips from John Behe on the way but I'm also getting a Maxx ECU Race with some tunes preinstalled. I'm going to run both for an A/B comparison since no one else has done something like this, that I can find anyway.
I will say your numbers are concerning for me as your boost is quite high and your #'s I thought would be higher. John is keeping my boost capped at 17psi since my motor has never been opened up but even without touching the stock turbo 300 whp should be possible with the right bolt ons. Maybe your heat issue is having quite the impact, but I"ll report back when I get everyone set up and on the dyno.
I did talk with John Behe, but I was also in a time crunch with getting things sorted before 944Fest. So I just had a local guy tune it who has 951 tuning experience rather than waste time with the back and forth. He did say I should expect another 20+ hp when temps cool down, and honestly i'm not quite worried about what it put down to the wheels. I was only looking for maybe 325 whp as is. Like I said in my first post, my butt dyno is enjoying it.

I will be going stand alone in the future with microsquirt, coil pack ignition, etc, so I know power should increase with that. But i'm definitely happy with it right now. Although the mbc sucks. My tuner said he set it to around 17-18 psi. Looking back at some of my in car footage from 944Fest, I saw the boost gauge barely hit over 15psi at WOT in 3rd. I ended up buying an Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 EBC with AFR gauge built in. Will be better to just digitally set the boost than screw around with the mbc that Lindsey sells.

I look forward to seeing what your results are.
The following users liked this post:
CHD (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024, 04:38 PM
will951
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested to hear any additional numbers. I have a similarly built 951 and am in Central CT. I might look up this fellow in West Haven at some point for some tuning and maintenance.
Old 09-25-2024, 12:21 PM
secondchris
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Justin, I want to keep my stock ECU system for a while. It seems like you still have yours, currently. Does this tuner (BillT) dyno tune your stock EPROM?
Old 09-25-2024, 06:35 PM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by secondchris
Justin, I want to keep my stock ECU system for a while. It seems like you still have yours, currently. Does this tuner (BillT) dyno tune your stock EPROM?
yes, he burns a custom chip for it. He also road tunes it for partial throttle. You end up with different fqs settings that can be switched on the dme depending on what your use is. Below is what he gave me and it’s currently set at FQS 5

Old 09-25-2024, 08:07 PM
secondchris
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That's good to know, thanks. What is the FQS 100 octane fuel setting. I didnt' know there was a FQS setting for that
Old 09-26-2024, 01:12 PM
JC951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by secondchris
That's good to know, thanks. What is the FQS 100 octane fuel setting. I didnt' know there was a FQS setting for that
Thats custom if I were to run 100 oct for track use. But I don't foresee that. He said I could do a mixture of 93 and higher octane if I wanted to. But i'm just going to leave it on what its set to until I go microsquirt.
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
944M3
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

I have a Raptor 27/6, 3bar fpr, Tial 38mm, Lindsey A-tune, MBC. I still have 2.5 stock downpipe with sport cat and Magnaflow muffler. It’s a cheap universal cat installed at local muffler shop, I don’t know the cell count but probably 400. I’m curious to hear if you noticed any difference with Fabspeed 200 cell cat?

The tune seems pretty impressive to me, especially with stock DME. I’m guessing it’s the bump in torque that your butt dyno is enjoying? I personally don’t care about peak HP but low end torque, yes for sure.

I’ve heard great things about John Behe’s tuning ability. I wonder if he would get better results from a standalone over using stock DME. A few listers feel a standalone won’t be much better. Things that keep me up at night LOL

Full disclosure, I’m probably getting a standalone just for experiment of it all.

Quick Reply: Evergreen Raptor X - What are your supporting mods and how much power are you making?