Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

DRAG RaceIntake Manifold!Picture.Tunners, and other's opinions and qustions wellcome!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation DRAG RaceIntake Manifold!Picture.Tunners, and other's opinions and qustions wellcome!

Just picked up this intake manifold by DRAG..and got it for a steal..this guy blew up his race 951 and just lost interest!!!!here are a few pics!!the question is when I do swap the intake are there any small upgrades cleanups etc I should do?..Anything to watch out for..what new gaskets to get? etc anyone's oppinon wellcome!!!

UPDATE
This will go perfect with water injection system vs the stock manifold..the stock one makes the water vaporcondense a bit and does not let it flow as well as this...man it will be awesome!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Darius Juca; 05-13-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

..how can i make the pics bigger???
Old 05-12-2004, 09:09 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never even heard of that intake...is it any good? What didja pay for it?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

I can test it for you and get it back to you . . . sometime.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

I payed 350 including the 75mm manifold..it was special made for this guy...similar to Lindsey racing one but not sure if it's as good since the owner didn't know the exact flow numbers..supposedly 30% more flow over stock...but waaaaayy cheaper..the only thing about the lindsey one is that it has equal lenght runners....but I am not sure how much better that is since the DRAG sayes that equal lenght runners doesn't really matter since our cars are forced induction and the head only flows so much..the main thingis that now I don't have to worry about different air to fuel mixtues in each cylinder becouse this manifold can provide plenty for each....I am a bit stoked about it!!! what are your oppinons..hope you proes give me some oppinins..don't want to name names becous you all have good oppinons and I want them all..you know who you are..give me a few words!!!!

Last edited by Darius Juca; 05-14-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

actually I think I am going to go pick it up in LA area..on the way back I can stop by a few of you and show it..willing to let you guys see how it does on your cars..especially some of the monsters !!
man this will be a money pit!! now I have to upgrade the head!!
Old 05-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Good deal, looks pretty nice and similar to many I've seen made.

Sam
Old 05-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I'm in LA, you can show me.... on my car!
~Eyal
Old 05-12-2004, 11:10 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Darius, If you like, I can test this manifold on the dyno with the rest of the manifolds that I'm testing. The castings should be done in couple of weeks.
I will be testing just the manifolds that I'm having made, single as well as multi throttle bodies. At the same time, I will be testing water injection!!
Email me a picture of your manifold.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"This will go perfect with water injection system vs the stock manifold..the stock one makes the water vaporcondense a bit and does not let it flow as well as this..."

How do you know this?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like half of a Chevy TBI manifold and if that is the case, I see no reason for it to be better than stock. The issue isnt really how much it flows on the stock intake it is how evenly between the cylinders IIRC.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:09 AM
Gary Gaukler
Racer

Originally posted by Darius Juca
the main thingis that now I don't have to worry about different air to fuel mixtues in each cylinder becouse this manifold can provide plenty for each....
If the manifold flows more air, that doesn't necessarily mean that this air will be uniformly distributed amongst the cylinders, right? So I don't think that the issue with different a/f mixtures in different cylinders just goes away, unless you go to a design similar to the Lindsey's with equal-length runners.

Of course, I may be wrong -- the only way to know for sure would be to flow test the individual runners I guess...

Gary.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

OK ok First to Danno..I should corerct myself and not use the word condense,But see this manifold Is taller(thicker,wider and longer..sort of like a rechtangular box compared to the stock manifold and dos not have the restrictive/Narrowing design the stock manifold has....sort of like if it flows air better why not water/ethanol mist.
And Gary..just by they way itlooks and its shaped I know it will flow better..at least compared to the stock and the runners are way shorter and ported/honned.. the guy that used it on his 490 rwhp race 951 says it flows at least 35 % more air so I know all cylinders will get their maximum air since the head is now my restriction AND if not perfectly distribuiting I still know it's an improvment.just by it's geometry!! ...but I am not sure how it would compare to the linsdsey unit..they have the the manifold feed in the middle.

Last edited by Darius Juca; 05-13-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Smithmotorworks
Rennlist Member

Does DRAG have a web site?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:54 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Default drag intake

If they do I couldn't find it but genxracer site along with a few others sell the VENOM series from DRAG or viceversa becouse i did find drag/venom producs for Jap imports..They made this one custom from a 951 intake manifold and a VENOM Drag manifold

Quick Reply: DRAG RaceIntake Manifold!Picture.Tunners, and other's opinions and qustions wellcome!