944online

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004 | 08:14 PM
Brett
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 944online

Thumbs way up to Ian at 944online. I have been trying to source an o-ring for the dip tube and shot him an email today. I got a reply right back and he said he would send me one and I could just pay for it on my next order!!! If any of you guys need parts check these guys out first!
Old 05-12-2004 | 08:44 PM
will951
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah.....they're great over there. I have delt with Ian a couple times....great guy.
Old 05-12-2004 | 08:48 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

I have spent thousands with Ian and am very satisfied. He really goes out of his way to help.
Old 05-12-2004 | 10:46 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Yeah right! Ian doesn't know anything! That is that! I do not even feel as though I need to explain myself here, but I have a story I could post if people are interested.
Old 05-12-2004 | 11:21 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ian is a GREAT guy, helped me out in tight situations MANY times. He sent me a rebuilt alternator without me having to even pay for it. But i did of course
Old 05-13-2004 | 02:31 AM
jdog
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was the first person to order from his website when he started taking online orders. Despite a mix up because of duplicate orders, which I understood be cause it was a brand new ordering system for him, he sent me free goods because I was the first to order under this system. He was a very stand up guy and I would never think twice about ordering from him again.
Ian has been nothing, but helpful and courteous to me in my 3 times (not much, but 1st impression counts for a lot) ordering from him.
JR
Old 05-13-2004 | 10:38 AM
Billy W
Racer

Ian went above and beyond for me too.
Old 05-13-2004 | 10:43 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Billy W
Ian went above and beyond for me too.

ditto
Old 05-13-2004 | 02:03 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Okay, looks like it is time for me to post why Ian doesn't care about anyone but himself...

While I do not know every detail, here it goes. One of ProMotion's customers a few years back had put quite a bit of money into having his 951 built. Like most of us, he wasn't the richest guy in the world and worked very hard for his car. Not too long after ProMotion finished building the car, the customer had it stolen from him. While his insurance covered the theft of the car, he was unable to locate it and therefore could not buy it back. Some time passed and there were pictures of it posted at 944online (the pictures below). The owner of the car recognized that it appeared to be the same car that had just been stolen from him, so in an attempt to get it back he called Ian. Well, it was his car and apparently Ian either bought it from a junkyard or from someone else after it had been stolen. Not only did Ian not allow the true owner of this car (who loved the car) to buy it back from him, he was a big enough *** to ask for the keys to it!!!!

Since this time ProMotion has asked for these pictures to be taken down from 944online, however as you will see, they are still up. I have called regarding this car as well, and they say that they do not even have it anymore.

Basically, Ian only cares about making money selling whatever parts he can. Recently, he pissed me off royally regarding a few calls about a euro bumper he had. Not only did he claim you could use the stock bumper shocks to install the euro bumper (yeahhhhh right!), he didn't even have the right piece of rubber for the bumper. I called a second time regarding this bumper, asking if he could obtain some brackets, and he yelled at me! He was pissed off for some reason because he was busy all day and had not had a chance to get off the phone (why would you be pissed if your business was busy? business = money?). Realizing how big of an *** he was being, he started the conversation over again, trying to cover up that he already blew his chance on this sale.

here is the proof...

http://www.944online.com/usedparts.asp

http://www.944online.com/images/PA150007.jpg

http://www.944online.com/images/PA150008.jpg
Old 05-13-2004 | 02:55 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I've had nothing but great experiences with him. Super nice, and went above and beyond.
~Eyal
Old 05-13-2004 | 02:57 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Isn't it ilegal buying a stolen car. Why did your friend not go to the police?
Old 05-13-2004 | 03:06 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

ian has been a GREAT resource to me over and over again - in addition, i have started my owe small Porsche parts business (FLAT6 Restoration, Inc. - plug, plug!!) and he has even given me deals on parts for customers cars that i was unable to get, let along the person advice on running a business - thanks ian

tom
Old 05-13-2004 | 03:09 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by turbo951fan
Isn't it ilegal buying a stolen car. Why did your friend not go to the police?
A stolen car is not a totalled car, so it can be put back on the street. My last car was stolen at one point during its existence.
Old 05-13-2004 | 03:19 PM
turbo951fan
Racer

Originally posted by badass951
A stolen car is not a totalled car, so it can be put back on the street. My last car was stolen at one point during its existence.
OK I understand. He basically had no obligation selling it back to your friend.

My experiences with Ian are mixed. I never actually ended up buying something from him as his email responses are very slow if he replies at all. Again, he is using UPS for shipments to Canada which emilimates him automatically from my supplier list.
Old 05-13-2004 | 03:24 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by turbo951fan
OK I understand. He basically had no obligation selling it back to your friend.

My experiences with Ian are mixed. I never actually ended up buying something from him as his email responses are very slow if he replies at all. Again, he is using UPS for shipments to Canada which emilimates him automatically from my supplier list.
Yes, no obligation. However, he was only trying to make money off of parts, where the kid who loved the car wanted the whole car!

Quick Reply: 944online