Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ditching my old MAF setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023 | 09:59 PM
gpr8er
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
This is what you want. Everything else out there is pretty outdated. Looks like LR made some improvements since buying it from Rogue Tuning.

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Por...RA-M-TUNE.html
I would caution against this. I've been around all this commotion forever. Originally the Rouge stuff was OK and worked well but Josh handed the operation to Lindsey and there is no further development or tech support. I was at the leading edge of the original Rouge setup and it took a few chips to get it right, maybe 2008? IMO the only way to go today is with Vitesse. You'll get the support that you need, don't cheap out or you'll regret it.
Old 07-24-2023 | 10:46 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 583 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by gpr8er
I would caution against this. I've been around all this commotion forever. Originally the Rouge stuff was OK and worked well but Josh handed the operation to Lindsey and there is no further development or tech support. I was at the leading edge of the original Rouge setup and it took a few chips to get it right, maybe 2008? IMO the only way to go today is with Vitesse. You'll get the support that you need, don't cheap out or you'll regret it.
I disagree but won’t comment on my opinions of the alternatives. I was also involved in the original Rogue development, both the M- and A-Tunes.
Old 07-24-2023 | 11:37 PM
928 DesMoines
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I went with this:

https://www.tomsdme.shop/p/tom-s-maf...sche-944-turbo

also bought a set of their chips.

so far, so good. Stealth MAF bolted right in to the stock air box. Bought a Lindsay j-boot for the K-27.

Old 07-26-2023 | 11:30 AM
Toolbelt0
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 928 DesMoines
I went with this:

https://www.tomsdme.shop/p/tom-s-maf...sche-944-turbo

also bought a set of their chips.

so far, so good. Stealth MAF bolted right in to the stock air box. Bought a Lindsay j-boot for the K-27.
You probably wont see that much difference from the MAF alone unless it is configurable for larger injectors. The turbo is a great upgrade though. Just be careful not too run higher boost than your fuel system will allow. That is around 1 bar. You should have a good wide-band O2 sensor.
The following users liked this post:
928 DesMoines (07-26-2023)
Old 09-23-2023 | 05:48 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by gpr8er
I disagree as well, I just bought the rouge a LR MAF kit last month, easy install and bang on perfect. The new 2023 kit is simpler design for the end user. My car is a 87 951, with 79k miles with 140 compression and 6% leak down numbers. I running the dual port wastegate with MBC, at 15psi boost. and a LR AFPR at 44psi. and KKK 27.8 Turbo. Smooth idle, smooth acceleration all the to full boost. with FQS set at 0. I get 14.7 idle and cruz and 12.0 at full boost in 3rd and fourth gears. which is safe for the DC area at the cool temps. for the hotter months, The FQS setting #1 gives me 11.8 at full boost at 14.5 cruz. What I was told from Dave at LG , Josh is still involved in the on going development and updates to his products. I love it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...l#post19027547

Last edited by heliolps2; 09-23-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Ditching my old MAF setup