Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SFR Group Buy Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:13 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SFR Group Buy Update

For those who have ordered, just a quick update. I talked to Tim this afternoon and the NA units should have gone out today for the most part and the turbo catbacks should be going out the first half of this next week. He had a delay in some parts and they are working away trying to get all our stuff ready.

Looks like probably about another week and most if not everyone should have their goodies
Old 04-03-2004, 01:15 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

BTT for those who might have missed it. BTW, a few have asked about tracking numbers. I am going to email Tim and ask if he'd send those out for those wanting them. If you want it....email me at need4speed@prodigy.net and let me know whether you want an email or a PM (if so leave your Rennlist member name as well).
Old 04-03-2004, 01:22 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm not part of the group buy. However, I did order couple of exhaust systems from SFR. I must say Tim does excellent work on the exhaust. Now I want one for my car
Old 04-03-2004, 01:31 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

FSAERacer is in the same position you are of wanting one now. If you can stand waiting a few months, I'll bet another group buy would be ready to take off again! You make about number 3 thinking about them now!

I've got some video/audio of my car before the exhaust, I'll get some afterwards as well for those who want to hear how it sounds different between them.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:42 PM
K-bit

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I may have to get a cat on the next group buy to go with the test pipe and cat back exhaust I just got on this group buy. Can anyone tell me what size the 3 bolts are on the turbo to exhaust pipe?
Thanks,
Jack
Old 04-04-2004, 06:31 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by turbo944
FSAERacer is in the same position you are of wanting one now. If you can stand waiting a few months, I'll bet another group buy would be ready to take off again! You make about number 3 thinking about them now!

I've got some video/audio of my car before the exhaust, I'll get some afterwards as well for those who want to hear how it sounds different between them.
Thanks Andrew... I think I speak for all non SFR-users when I say "post the videos!!"

I'm not sure how funds will dictate my mods this summer... but hopefully another SFR exhaust group buy will come about that we can do.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:19 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

I'll definitely be posting those videos when I get it installed

LOL....sounds like you are in my position..one of those "I'd like to do this" and then having something else break and upgrading that to have it done right for later.... my next mods will be in the suspension and brakes, then back to the MAF/turbo. If nothing else breaks....I mean, c'mon...if my turbo dies, then it's a sign I need to upgrade it then
Old 04-05-2004, 10:34 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

A Lindsey exhaust is high up on my to-get-list. I want one this summer/fall or early next year. I'd rather buy from a Rennlist sponsor. So I guess I'm in on the next SFR group buy.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:40 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Just a quick update to all of the turbo guys.....the NA exhaust did get out this past week, the turbo mufflers were late getting in and should be starting to go out on Monday......
Old 04-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

I wonder if it matters whether you chose round or oval.....I chose oval
Old 04-10-2004, 10:07 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Tim didn't specify whether or not muffler shape mattered, but FWIW, I think every single one of us ordered oval mufflers
Old 04-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guess what arrived today via Fedex?? Yep, I got it today. I ordered an oval muffler and oval tip...

I got it so soon since I only live about 60 miles away from SFR - must have been shipped yesterday.

I also picked up a drop in cat-bypass pipe which can be seen in the picture. I will be installing it tomorrow!
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Bones944
Burning Brakes

A Lindsey exhaust is high up on my to-get-list. I want one this summer/fall or early next year. I'd rather buy from a Rennlist sponsor. So I guess I'm in on the next SFR group buy.
I ordered the exhaust from SFR, because of getting the SS ( which I preferred) for such a good price. I've ordered other things from Tim, and always been pleased. I will have to mention that Dave Lindsey is another who will go out of his way to help his customers. I ordered a stgII MAF kit from him, and because they had to wait 3 days for tubing he offered to send it next day air and split the cost with me. After I received it, he spent 45 minutes on the phone with me helping me download new software (the cd-rom i received had an error) creating the first fuel map, and going over various tips and suggestions. Being in the sales industry, I can tell you that service like that will keep you in business for a long time.
Both of these individuals are readily accessible and stand behind what they sell. There are other good vendors out there, but these two definitely stand out.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:39 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Awesome!!!!

Yikes!!! Your cat doesn't look to happy to have a cat bypass pipe laying there in the floor nearby...

Dang...wish I didn't live 38 times further away from them than you do....

Originally posted by Brantley
Guess what arrived today via Fedex?? Yep, I got it today. I ordered an oval muffler and oval tip...

I got it so soon since I only live about 60 miles away from SFR - must have been shipped yesterday.

I also picked up a drop in cat-bypass pipe which can be seen in the picture. I will be installing it tomorrow!
Old 04-11-2004, 01:46 PM
stoked944
Racer

i ordered a round muffler and oval tip. it should be arriving soon.

Quick Reply: SFR Group Buy Update