Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

For Sale 87 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 12:47 PM
kgosselin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale 87 Turbo

I am selling my 1987 Turbo with 75,7xx miles( I bought it with 71,xxx miles) on it due to the need for a truck. (PICTURE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF DESCRIPTION) I am asking what I paid which was $8,200 OBO. I’d put it on the classifieds but I guess that is only for members.

Now for the details which I will try to cover before getting ripped or pummeled by the more intense board members. I’ve lurked on the board regularly over the past two years and have learned much from everyone.

I bought it about a year and a half ago from the second owner in Parker Colorado. After doing a Carfax report I learned the original owner lived in Texas. The carfax also showed that the miles were original. Sorry, I didn’t keep the report but you can do your own carfax if you want to, the VIN can be seen in the pictures.

The car was repainted sometime ago, not be me or the guy I bought it from. Look at the pictures and you can see that it was a quality job. There is no sign of accident damage anywhere! Of course there are stone chips on the nose and door edges. It’s a rare color for whatever that’s worth.

Interior is good. Slight rubbing on driver bolster. Three small cracks less than 1 inch which have not gotten worse since I have owned it. Original radio. LCD clock, sunroof, cruise, power mirrors, power hatch release and factory alarm all work. Cassette lid is not broken.

The guy I bought it from had no records. I know, why’d you buy it? I had a PPI done and everything checked out great. I just knew I would have to have the belts done and I did that 1,300 miles ago. It is going in next week to Storz’s garage to have an oil change and a retension.

Other maintenance in my time are new Yokohama AVS Sport tires and 4 wheel alignment - $1,000.
New Sekurit windshield, $1,400.
New Clutch master cylinder with labor, $300
New belts, seals, rollers with labor, $800 (The water pump which I wanted to change was inspected and deemed totally fine by the garage Storz’s, which has an excellent reputation.)
Brake flush and new SS lines, $250.
New rear shocks(boge) and driver side axle assembly, $300 (this was in a hunt for a noise that occurred when going over bumps, it turns out that it was the brake pads which I then replaced but the noise still happens. Storz has checked it out 3 times for this and said it is ok. BRAKES WORK EXCELLENT)
New Hella Headlights $100.
New Porsche Tequipment Blue Floor Mats $135, these things suck and are impossible to clean. Get some Lloyds.

The car is chipped but I don’t know whose, the banjo bolt was not jetted and the wastegate is not shimmed. I have the original chips. I was going to put them in but the car ran great so why mess with it. The only mod I have installed is the LBE(I guess SS brake lines are also a mod) which I didn’t think did all that much. I painted the wheels Anthracite because the original finish was yellowed and peeling.

Holds boost great(1.8 on stock guage), 5 bar oil pressure, never overheated even in 100 degree traffic. Never tracked by me, I just used it as my fun car. Can't say what other owners did with it.

There is no ABS or limited slip.

Nautic Blue Metallic LY5Z, Linen Interior
Options: Reno Radio, Cruise Control, Factory Alarm, Sunroof, Half Leather Interior, Driver 4-Way Power Seat, Power Mirrors

Any questions please call me at 720-339-5658 or email me at kevin.gosselin@jwt.com
Partial Trade considered for a Ducati Monster 600 or 750 or mid 90’s 888.

Check out 20 pictures at http://pixagogo.com/7185135332
Old 03-15-2004, 01:28 PM
krichbaum
Cruisin'

Man, why do you have to be so far away? I wish you were closer, I'd be very interested...I love the color. Anyway, good luck with the sale.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:33 PM
kgosselin
Advanced

shoot, I thought I covered everything, but for those of you in warmer climates:

It has air con that works great.

And for those of you who live far away;

Have someone inspect it for you and let's work on travel. For the near asking price I might be willing to drive it any direction for up to 10 hours. That would make it an all day travel day for me.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:44 PM
krichbaum
Cruisin'

I'd probably be trying to arrange a way to buy this right now if I hadn't already been burned too many times on long distance purchases. I'm not saying that would be the case here at all, I'm just a little paranoid about it now. I have actually bought a few cars sight unseen and the results have been about 50/50.

It is tempting though, simply because I love that color. The car looks pretty good in the pics.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:19 PM
kgosselin
Advanced

I welcome any inspection. I know some other people have had fellow rennlisters who live nearby look at cars for them. That way it is independent and no one has anything to gain or lose by being anything except honest.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:44 PM
kgosselin
Advanced

Question, for those of you who have read the description and looked at the pics, what do you think about the price, it is negotiable. Know I was brutally honest and the car is better than the description.

Too high? Too low? Or just right?

Feed back is appreciated.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are about $1,000 too high. I bet at $7K, it will sell quickly "as is". Exterior looks good, interior showing some wear and tear. The mechanical condition is always the concern and it doesn't show up in pictures. My two cents.

Last edited by Bri Bro; 03-15-2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:28 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Holy CRAP! That car is stunning..
Old 03-15-2004, 08:53 PM
daniel951
Race Car

just curious why you are selling it? To bad you could have made it to the get together in colorado with all of the porsches.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:03 AM
kgosselin
Advanced

M Markota, - thank you, that is the usual response to the car. And in person, the car does not disappoint.

beab951 - it's true, I have highlighted any faults, but overall the inside is equally as nice as the outside. My price is flexible to make up for what people feel are negotiating points.

Keep the comments coming. If anyone in Colorado wants to come and give an unbiased opinion of the car for the rest of rennlist let me know and we can arrange something. Besides, who doesn't enjoy driving someone else's Porsche.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:25 PM
krichbaum
Cruisin'

Yes, if a member of the board would be willing to go check out this car, I would appreciate it. I'm in VA so there is no hope of me looking at it before buying. If anyone local can do this, could you drop me a line at gary@krichbaum.net ?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:15 AM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I would also really be interested in the findings of someone from the list. I live in central Ohio, so a test drive is pretty out of the question for me.
Thanks to anyone who can offer some inside information,
Ryan Miles rjhmile@yahoo.com
Old 03-17-2004, 12:38 AM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I am happy to give the car a local "my 2 cents " type evaluation. I take my car to Storz Garage here in Denver also - great shop!!

Let me know.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally posted by RT930turbo
I would also really be interested in the findings of someone from the list. I live in central Ohio, so a test drive is pretty out of the question for me.
Thanks to anyone who can offer some inside information,
Ryan Miles rjhmile@yahoo.com

Sorry Guys!!

I posted on Artie's name....he logged on with my computer when his car was broken up here the other day, obviously he was too carless to log out!

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 03-17-2004, 06:43 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought my own 951 (for the same price as youre asking BTW) but im hoping you have some info about how you painted your rims anthracite?

Quick Reply: For Sale 87 Turbo