Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tim post my dyno chart!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 08:38 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Matt what I was trying to say is,even though you put your peak HP on the dyno you would have to track tune your car for speed take a 1/4 mile for example you may not run your fastest with that car right from the dyno.The first time I had my car dynoed I made great power but then found out on the street I was running very rich, when I was fine on the dyno.Then I had to retune to street.I am trying now to see the difference between the gtech and dyno.All I meant to say is its a little different spinning a 3000lb drum then it is on the road.

That's what I told the dyno owner. That my car feels faster on the street than the numbers that it was putting out. But to my surprize the dyno dose not lie. The car feels way faster now.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take it this dyno from the vette shop is a dynojet? If you want to load up the car and really tune under load, try finding a Mustang dyno. Your numbers will be around 13% less but it will get you more true "butt" dyno.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:02 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

I went out of my way to find a Dynojet. The whole after market regards it as the best. I have run on 2 different Dynojets and one Dyno pack. results were very similar between all 3.
In my opinion the 3 things that change between dyno and road are intercooler efficiency, drag and weight to power. Witch all three favor our cars when comparing most other vehicles in our HP range. The 951 is truly a beast when modified.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the aftermarket regards them as the best because they result in the higher hp numbers.

Get your car weighed, you input this into the software of the Mustang, it is a load bearing dyno based on the weight of your car. The owner of the shop there in Little Rock, drove my car, guesstimated hp number; on the first pull he missed the number by 7 hp! We tuned the car a bit but it was still very rich, ugly A/F curve as a matter of fact. Danno and I worked on several variations of chips and gained 28 hp over that after we cleaned up the mixture(I got a WBO2 for tuning) then went back to the dyno.

My point is, if you want to load the car up like on the street, put it on a Mustang Dyno. I'm probably going back in a few weeks, after a bit more tuning on the Mafterburner software with the MAF and get my LSD installed, I've been putting that off.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:43 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Ski I have a good friend of mine that has bin on a mustang dyno and a dynojet with results that were very close to each other. I have bin on a dyno pack witch loads the car different than a dynojet and the results were very close to each other. When I didn't like my results on the dynopack I was pissed and blamed the dyno. Now I know better. When I did not get the result I wanted I was blaming everything. Tim received many calls from me because I was not to happy with my results. Tim assured me that something is wrong and we would sort it out. He was right. Sorry Tim.
The truth is most of us are new to tuning and have never done it before. It sounds easy when posted on the quick reply. Truth is you need support of some kind and a fist full of money for dyno time with A/F.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:52 PM
billgot
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read an article in one of the american muscle car mags. They were comparing best ways to come up with a real HP number.dyno was the best way depending on the dyno.The gtech was surprising close to real numbers.Another real accurate way was find out true weight of car with you in it, take a 1/4 mile pass then there was a formula to take mph to weight and it came up with HP.I have run only on Dyno jets but I am bring a Gtech next time when I am on the dyno to see how close it really is.I have also tried the 1/4 mile formula and found out the numbers were dead on.I will try all 3 ways this year but I think the Gtech might be the best because of real road conditions

Quick Reply: Tim post my dyno chart!