Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse MAF - what hoses go where?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by finally!
therein lies my/the confusion - I AM installing an Electronic Boost Controller, Innovate SCG-1...

with that said delete the OEM CV?

Right. This is the cycling valve. You don't need it with an aftermarket boost controller, so you can remove it.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

This is the bypass valve (aka BOV). You need to keep it installed.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:43 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When I installed mine, I too bought 45 degree 3" hoses... It makes it so much easier to install. I also had to trim off a bit of the metal tubing as it hit the turbo inlet. I couldn't pull it away anymore for my aos hose to fit correctly so I took off maybe an inch or so. My setup is completely custom though so my install isn't following the norm. But for me looking at the face of the turbo, the pipe had to come up and toward the passenger side a bit to clear the alternator. The 45 degree hose here cut uniquely to fit made the transition smoother especially for the clamp placement. Another 45 degree hose on the other end of the pipe allowed me tuck the maf and filter more easily in the tight area in the front corner. I really cut down some of the hoses though to what worked. No more stretched hoses or crooked clamps.

What I'd like to do though is find an aluminum maf sensor pipe , instead of the plastic one. The plastic bends a bit when tightening the hose clamps on it. The plastic legs on the bottom also came close to the coolant tank hose so any pipe that doesn't have those legs would also be better. That said the setup works nicely 👍.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:45 AM
finally!
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Almost done! Only remaining items are screwing in and running O2 cables to the SCG-1 and swapping out wastegate.. Spent 3++ hours trying to remove OEM wastegate on Saturday. Gave up after having snapped to bolts and dremeling off three nuts (after much fighting, torch, PB blaster, etc.). So, beer was calling so, slipped in bolts to replace the ones removed went to Mayfest with the wife instead. Could have gotten it off but would have taken hours and at this point doing without a lift, well, just easier to take to local shop. :P
Old 05-06-2019, 10:04 AM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Almost done! Only remaining items are screwing in and running O2 cables to the SCG-1 and swapping out wastegate.. Spent 3++ hours trying to remove OEM wastegate on Saturday. Gave up after having snapped to bolts and dremeling off three nuts (after much fighting, torch, PB blaster, etc.). So, beer was calling so, slipped in bolts to replace the ones removed went to Mayfest with the wife instead. Could have gotten it off but would have taken hours and at this point doing without a lift, well, just easier to take to local shop. :P
Heat them with a map gas torch, cheap and available at most hardware stores. Map gas burns much hotter than propane making it a faster process. I'll never touch exhaust hardware again without using it. Heat it until it glows maybe 30 secs and they come off like they were never tight.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:42 AM
finally!
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mahoney944
Heat them with a map gas torch, cheap and available at most hardware stores. Map gas burns much hotter than propane making it a faster process. I'll never touch exhaust hardware again without using it. Heat it until it glows maybe 30 secs and they come off like they were never tight.
Agreed and been there done that in the past though this time decided to let the knuckle scraping be left to someone with a lift...

Quick Reply: Vitesse MAF - what hoses go where?