Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Best electronic boost controller?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:25 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've had great luck w/ products from Blitz. My chassis came w/ a profec B installed, i kinda regret removing it (i sold it to a friend for mad cheap too. doh)... both are great products. apexi is great if you have a turbo'd civic, or a sr20det-swap 240 (or real silvia) or other small-displacement turbo japaneese cars, but that's all i've seen it work well on... but i haven't seen THAT many EBC-equipped 951s around here either, so that's a biased assessment.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:58 PM
MachSchnell
Pro

I'll chime in that I'm SUPER disappointed with the Profec B Spec II (as are a few others I've heard from)...seems to lose it's holding power relatively quickly, and Greddy is NO help with the problem. I'm likely going MBC at some point when I have time to make absolutely sure it isn't a boost leak, but I think at this point I'm pretty confident it's the EBC...
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 PM
MySwiss
Pro

No luck either with the Profec B specII. The spec I worked like a charm. It made a huge difference in boost response and spool up. But, with the little time I had with my specII, I'm not convinced it was the best choice. It always needs to be reajusted and played with. Whereas the spec I would never need any ajustments, unless the temperature changed dramatically.

I hope we get more feedback on the spec II, since I don't wont to put it back on Ebay.

Quick Reply: Best electronic boost controller?