Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: Venting

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry OT: Venting

I know im just asking for trouble, but i guess thats just me.
So if you already posted a reply to the thread, on the main 944 forum dont post one here, im not going to argue with anyone, everyone is entitled to his opinion....you know the rest...
Hopefully you guys will be much better than the oh so freindly(to cops anyway) main 944 forum.

I though I could get some opinions, in the ticket I just got, and vent at the same time, especially since i though I was right, at firsts, i never though about it before since im just trying to get to my house, 100ft away.
I thought no one likes getting a ticket, but apparently many people on the main 944 forum are quite ok with it and take it like a man

But I guess all the guys on the main 944 are all just angles, and "take it like a man", and dont even bother to question if they are right or wrong. Ill be they can touch their toes quite easily.

I thought I could vent there, but welcome to the cop lover forum, I never knew so many porsche owners liked cops so much. Regardless of whether i deserved the ticket or not.
I guess becuase i dont "Live" on the rennlist, im free to be attacked.(oh wait i wasn't being attacked, just repetively told how direspectful i was being, by all those that know me so well. )
I only Said PIGs in my first post. But theres no cop standing next to me right now so:

PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS!!

im not asking for any replys, so if i dont get any thats just fine with me.
I've felt a little more at home on the 951 forum, but ill see if someone doesnt change that.

If you want to defend the post you made on the main 944 forum DONT BOTHER, im obviously not going to see things your way, and trying to force it on me isnt going to change, that. But you're really a great person whos never done anything wrong!

Im going to get a nice toasted garlic bagel with lot of cream cheese, and a cinnabon,
Im my car! look out here i come!!!

PS, theres some sarcasm here(but not much) if you cant detect it... Buy a F**cking sarcasm detector!
Old 02-06-2004, 02:24 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

I won't tell you I think you're wrong for trying to get out of a ticket...I've felt the same way.

I was disappointed that you posted that you were done with that thread on the 944 forum while I was writing my reply.....I hope you do go and read it. I'm not trying to be a PITA to ya or tell you to take it like a man, but to maybe give you some insight on how to help avoid these problems in the future.....

Anyway, have fun.....lots of us 951 guys hang on both forums.....and I also hang on the 928, 911 Turbo, 964T, 993TT, and 996TT boards too....if you decide to post this elsewhere as well

Have a great day!
Old 02-06-2004, 03:02 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Remember, kiddies... it's always the cop's fault when you break the law...

Anywho, here's the other thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

BB.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troll elsewhere. Very few people are going to defend you over here. Don't pollute the Turbo board with your BS. Leave this one for tech and car discussions. Stop whining already!
Old 02-06-2004, 04:33 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Jeremy Himsel
Troll elsewhere. Very few people are going to defend you over here. Don't pollute the Turbo board with your BS. Leave this one for tech and car discussions. Stop whining already!
No ****! Can we get back to talking about cars now?
Old 02-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Highlander944
Advanced

Well I looked at your diagram.. a few thoughts.

If there is no sign that tells you that U turns are illegal, then I'd say you can make U turns. I would think any court would uphold that claim.

It looks as if you made a left turn on Red. So was the ticket for making a turn on Red or for making the U turn? If turn on Red, then I think your out of luck. If it was for making a U turn and it was not posted then your right... either way, take it to the court if you feel so strongly about it.

my 2cents.

ps.. just read a few posts in that other thread... and have a few more thoughts for you. Driving is a privilege not a right. As such it is the drivers responsibility to educate themselves to the law. Although ignorance may be a valid excuse in your mind, it is not in the eyes of the law.

Definitely go to court about the ticket. If your polite and talk nice, maybe they will have pity for you. Unless your completely obnoxious, the worst that could come of going to court would be, you have to pay the ticket. Best case, you get off with a warning.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:41 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Troll? Are you kidding me? This guy got a ticket and is pissed off. I don't think he is displaying that he hates cops simply because he used the word "pig". Save the Troll comments for guys like AMAF. I think he is allowed an amount of frustration and venting, and its a compliment to Rennlist that he feels like he can do it here.

I understand the frustration man, I have been in some irritating court battles because certain cops have it out for "The kid in the Porsche". Having said that, I seriously doubt you could win a case with what appears to have happened. I am not sure if its the same in Texas as here in Alabama, but its the cop's decision whether to press charges in a traffic case, and alot of times you can cash in on some cops' good nature, or even laziness, by going and talking to them before the trial, and apologizing and saying that you really didn't think it was illegal...etc. Most cops will drop or reduce the charge. I had a stubborn one arrest (I do mean arrest) me for racing on the highway, and we fought it, and I was aquitted of racing, but convicted of the lesser included offense of reckless driving. I appealed that, and the district court is like an hour away, and I guess the cop did not want to go up there on his off day, so he dropped the charge to careless driving, which carries no points, and a minimal fine. So my advice is to try to talk to the cop. You might be surprised at how reasonable some of those pigs can be.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't read the other thread, and from the looks of this I think I can guess what it has to say.
You got a ticket, something about a U turn or a redlight.
You are pissed off because you didn't think you were wrong.
You wanted to do something about it, some listers said just to take it.
You told them where they could shove it.

If that sums up the other thread, which I still have not read, let me put in my 2¢ before this thread gets out of control...

If you got a ticket, right or wrong, you should try to get out of it. Thats the way the system works. Get a traffic lawyer and fight it and if you loose, appeal it. Make them fight for your $5.
If some of you say... oh, well that would be lyingand lying is wrong, then you obviously have never been on the other side of a police detective. Cops lie all the time to get the end result that they want. Why can't you lie to them to get the end result that you want? It works for me.

Ok, I am going back to my cave, flame on folks.

Oh, and speeding is bad.

Last edited by Travis - sflraver; 02-06-2004 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:05 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

Venting is allowed, but good lord, for ten pages worth of posts and spreading to other boards?

What he did is, without a doubt, illegal. You can't go left on red, with a few exceptions, and this is not one of them.
To make matters worse, he did this right in front of a cop. You put the officer in a situation where he has no choice. And then he complains that he got pulled over.

I don't care what you do about the ticket either way, but realize:

1) what you did is illegal
2) you *should* have known thats illegal
3) you did this right in front of a cop

I've pulled stunts similar to this before and been upset, but I also realized that what I did was illegal.
Do what you can about the ticket, but please stop whining like you're a victim.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:55 PM
dime1622
I never notice, anyway
Rennlist Member

ok you want my opinion? youre gonna get it. basically, you messed up, but you can get out of it.

if he checked "ran stop sign" instead of "ran red light" its void. all u have to do is prove theres no stop sign there. yay for legal loopholes! if he spells even your name wrong its void.

i fought a ticket once and won (i was going double the speed limit). its pretty fun to do. feel free to ask me about how you can win if you like and ill tell ya in detail.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Default Re: OT: Venting

Originally posted by M Danger
I know im just asking for trouble, but i guess thats just me.
So if you already posted a reply to the thread, on the main 944 forum dont post one here, im not going to argue with anyone, everyone is entitled to his opinion....you know the rest...
Hopefully you guys will be much better than the oh so freindly(to cops anyway) main 944 forum.

I though I could get some opinions, in the ticket I just got, and vent at the same time, especially since i though I was right, at firsts, i never though about it before since im just trying to get to my house, 100ft away.
I thought no one likes getting a ticket, but apparently many people on the main 944 forum are quite ok with it and take it like a man

But I guess all the guys on the main 944 are all just angles, and "take it like a man", and dont even bother to question if they are right or wrong. Ill be they can touch their toes quite easily.

I thought I could vent there, but welcome to the cop lover forum, I never knew so many porsche owners liked cops so much. Regardless of whether i deserved the ticket or not.
I guess becuase i dont "Live" on the rennlist, im free to be attacked.(oh wait i wasn't being attacked, just repetively told how direspectful i was being, by all those that know me so well. )
I only Said PIGs in my first post. But theres no cop standing next to me right now so:

PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS!!

im not asking for any replys, so if i dont get any thats just fine with me.
I've felt a little more at home on the 951 forum, but ill see if someone doesnt change that.

If you want to defend the post you made on the main 944 forum DONT BOTHER, im obviously not going to see things your way, and trying to force it on me isnt going to change, that. But you're really a great person whos never done anything wrong!

Im going to get a nice toasted garlic bagel with lot of cream cheese, and a cinnabon,
Im my car! look out here i come!!!

PS, theres some sarcasm here(but not much) if you cant detect it... Buy a F**cking sarcasm detector!

Get a life buddy...
Old 02-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can call em cops, bad cops, Barney Fife, whatever; but you can loose the PIGS. First off, it went out in the late 60's to 70's. Sure they're are crooked cops, but hell, so are CEOs and accountants..Enron, World Com,,people lost retirements - those are pigs. Who are you going to call if your car gets stolen, what if someone breaks into your house or apartment? Would you go into a World Trade Center building on fire with the Firemen?

Personally I think you need to call 1-800-CRY-BABY and you need a real world lesson in reality. But you could just grow up...
Old 02-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Flight_951
Pro

You come across as an immature punk in this thread as in your last. I'm sure the cop realized that within seconds of pulling you over. The ticket was guaranteed. There's a lesson here; learn it.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Flight_951
You come across as an immature punk in this thread as in your last. I'm sure the cop realized that within seconds of pulling you over. The ticket was guaranteed. There's a lesson here; learn it.
There is a good point. I have been pulled over oh... around 6 times for speeding. Half of those times I was at fault, the other half I feel they were just doing random "looking for something else" stops. At any rate, I was always polite and courteous and the officers have always responded the same way back to me. Oh, and I have never had a speeding ticket, only one warning ticket and the rest were a pat on the back and a "try to slow down next time."
Give it a shot. A smile and a "hows it going" go a long way. If that doesn't work, by all means fight the ticket. There are times to be nice, and times to fight dirty but there should never be an area in between (like coming off as a punk to the officer).
Old 02-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Dave E
Pro

I submit a motion to vote that Travis has the best avatar...screw the ticket bs

Quick Reply: OT: Venting