Fuel Injection rebuild kit recommendation - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Fuel Injection rebuild kit recommendation

Old 02-08-2019, 01:43 PM
MC Luc
User

Default Fuel Injection rebuild kit recommendation

One of my injectors has let loose, leaking all over the intake. it is weeping heavily from where the injector mounts into the head and fuel rail. Any recommendation as to where to buy the rebuild kit - BavAuto, 944 online.com? And should I buy all the gaskets and replace them? I heard some companies sell junk and others are good. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:13 PM
mj951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can't comment on the rebuild kits but another option would be to send your injectors to WitchHunter Performance for a rebuild and flow test.
They do good work and are reasonably priced.
https://www.witchhunter.com/
Old 02-08-2019, 06:49 PM
MC Luc
User

Thanks for the referral, that seems like a reliable and professional option. I really want to try my hand at changing the o-rings myself and trying the DIY route; it doesn't look very hard.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:22 PM
MAGK944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennbay is a good source for a kit and I can recommend them personally as Iíve used them several times. Otherwise all the usual vendors should carry something similar.

mj951 has a good point though, witchhunter cleans and balances all the injectors and provides all those seals as part of the service. Definitely think about it as itís a good service and worthwhile wyit job, also itís not something you can really do by yourself.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:23 PM
MC Luc
User

OK, I've looked into Witch Hunter and I think that is the way to go, can't beat that service for the money. Peace of mind, too.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:39 PM
mj951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MC Luc View Post
OK, I've looked into Witch Hunter and I think that is the way to go, can't beat that service for the money. Peace of mind, too.
....there will be plenty of other DIY projects to try in the future.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
mahoney944
User

You could probably bench test the flow visually using injector cleaner, you'll probably want to flush with fuel. Or else, in the car by jumping the fuel pump to stay on and opening each injector one by one spraying into a cut open bottle or cup. You won't know your flow numbers but you should be able see if the spray pattern looks consistent or not. The orings arent anything special, most hardware / autoparts store probably have ones that will work. Just take one in that's have decent still and match it up. That being said a new or refurbished set of injectors make the car run real smooth. Probably worth the investment.

Fire extinguisher near by just in case lol.

Last edited by mahoney944; Yesterday at 12:14 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: