Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Oil Flow confusion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 11:04 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Nice work with the line routing and mounting, clean installation.
As gruhsy suggests, do be careful with the SS lines touching / rubbing on rubber lines and metal parts, eventually things will wear.
I have a similar set up but used rubber oil lines. After two or three years I noticed some rubbing and decided to install a few small sections of aluminum sheet stock for protection. Never became a real issue and have been running dual coolers for 10+ years but planning to drain my coolers, replace / re-route my lines and relocate a temp sensor this spring.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:07 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 501 Posts

cheap protection for oil lines - go to home depot and get the foam-rubber insulation noodle used to insulate water heater copper lines. 3/4" size should be good enough for most oil hoses.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:37 AM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 183 Posts

Thanks guys but there is ample space between lines everywhere, about 15mm clearance. I was thorough making sure interferance would not be the case. I will mount the engine belly plastic guard when done which should take care of stones and debris.

​​​​​​I will monitor the lines once I start using the car and if there is interferance I will get those plastic coils like Porsche used at for instance the PS hose for extra protection.

Quick Reply: Oil Flow confusion?