GURU Racing - Partnerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GURU Racing - Partnerships

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Santa Barbara -- Guru Racing_announces today..... Powerwerks.net_is now our east coast distributor.

Powerwerks offers the_full_Guru Racing_product line_and will handle sales, shipping and questions for Eastern_USA/Canada and European customers.

Powerwerks is_the one stop shop for all your Porsche performance needs and offers only the highest quality products available. Also carrying many other exclusive and unique product lines, Powerwerks is the place for Porsche Performance.

A full color catalog will be soon available...... for now you can visit them online at powerwerks.net or stop in at_the new showroom conveniently located in down town Portsmouth New Hampshire. Also see their grand-opening annoucement here: PowerWerks - join in the celebrations

-----------------------------------------------

Handling the UK market will be ProMAX Motorsport. They stock a full inventory of 944/951/911 upgrade products. In addition to being a mail-order operation, they also field several 944 Turbos in races across the UK. This experience allows them to offer fully qualified technical support for GURU products.

-----------------------------------------------

GURU Racing's website: http://www.gururacing.net
PowerWerk's website: http://www.powerwerks.net
ProMax Motorsports: http://www.promaxmotorsport.com
Old 01-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Danno
Race Director

An additional note on GURU Racing partners above. Official retailers will get any support tools and information necessary to sell the products and satisfy their customers. They can also pass on the customer to GURU for further assistance such as custom-chip mapping and dyno-tuning. Only official retailers will get this support and the customers get the discounted chip-remapping fee and other services.

In addition, all GURU chips since v6 have been serialized with unique IDs from our customer database. All retail customers are automatically registered at the time of purchase. This is used to quickly cross-reference customers with their car and chip-specs. Official retailers and customers will have access to follow-up support, chip fine-tuning and customization. Fuel-map scaling for any aftermarket injector size can be done as well as matching to 3rd-party turbos at any boost level.

It has come to my attention from several purchasers of GURU Racing chips through non-official 3rd party vendors that their kit is incomplete or that the mapping is lean or the injector-sizing doesn't work. Upon examining these chips, I realize they are very, very old versions of the GURU chips without recent updates. Official retailers and customers know that the chip-buying process is an in-depth one where the exact configuration of their car is examined, and an appropriate chip-map is selected to best perform with their car. Even something as simple as a K&N drop-in panel filter can get additional performance from a properly selected chip-map. So be aware of generic copies, if you want maximum performance, go with genuine GURU.

Last edited by Danno; 01-27-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:08 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW check out those prices on Promax!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:09 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Danno, how much for a bosch 3 bar fuel reg? I cant see it on your price list.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Danno
Race Director

I don't sell the 3-bar FPR separately. They are usually built up into complete Chip Kits right when they come in the front door. If you need to purchase one separately, I recommend getting one from Paragon-Products.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Sach951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to see things going well again! Hey um... any spare chips collecting dust you need to get rid of?...

Best wishes,
Sach
Old 01-28-2004, 04:03 AM
Gary
Instructor

Originally posted by NZ951
WOW check out those prices on Promax!
Couldn't agree more. That's why, despite being a stone's throw from the UK here in Switzerland (as compared with California for example) and also visiting there regularly, I tend to buy fun stuff (chips, MAF's etc. etc.) as well as general parts from the US - even though the shipping is a little higher, the prices are 50% or less of the equivalent UK price.

Regards,

Gary.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:10 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I am shocked, there must be a huge hole in the UK and Euro market for a price based position with lower margin
Old 01-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I checked out Promax and seems to me they are way too expensive. At least I won’t buy nothing from them if they don’t drop prices. I guess their profit margin must be quite high.

Does this mean we europeans cannot make business with Danno directly ???
Old 01-28-2004, 05:22 AM
NZ951
Race Director

It looks like they offer the Lindsey vac kit for 29.95 Sterling not USD! Its overpriced USD29.95
Old 01-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Mein gott, Promax's prices are very high!
Seems to me they charge the same prices as the US vendors but in £ instead of $ !
Screw the Brits, I'll keep ordering from the US!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:17 AM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

We always get screwed for everything here. Thats why I buy all my stuff from the US.

Regards
Nick
Old 01-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

I don't get it. Why buy from powerwerks, when you can buy directly from SFR for exactly the same price?

If they were cheaper, then I'd understand, but exactly the same price?
Old 01-28-2004, 09:25 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably shipping costs. if you live on the east coast, it would be cheaper to get something shipped to you instead of across the country.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

oh ok, well at least thats a few bucks cheaper. But this company still has to prove its customer support, so I don't even know if a few bucks less on shipping is worth it.

Quick Reply: GURU Racing - Partnerships