Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Starting New Race Gas Religion

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 03:12 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks Danno, your site is "Loaded" with interesting DIY information!

Originally posted by Danno
Don't know if anyone noticed, but I added an article comparing over-the-counter octane-boosters in the "Fuel FAQ" of my RacerX website.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:32 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by porshhhh951
Methanol injection is the best way to go in my opinion. I have a firend lance who build's the kit's if anyone is interested please pm me. His company is called aquameth solution's.....If you guy's want I can post some pics of one of his kit's on a mustang...I posted them before but, I am sure alot of people never saw the pics.
Your friend has a website so we can learn more about his product? Absolutely why don't you post us a few pics please?
Old 01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lindsey does not sell water injection kit's!
if you would have read some of my earlier posts you would know it was my friend lance that does them. I even advertised his company. I assumed people would be able to figure out I was also talking about my car. No offense intended in my earlier post. I just don't like people who nay say. If you arent running the kit in texas summer you might not feel the same way I do about it
Old 01-30-2004, 05:26 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Porshhhh, I've read all the posts carefully. That's why I was wondering when I mentioned tuning of water injection you came back with the fact that you let Dave Lindsey take care of your tuning.
I knew that Lindsey doesn't sell water injection.
You should read the posts more carefully, We're both on the same page as far as the benefits of suplementary injection. We both stated that it's "there all the time". I don't know what your problem is.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

lol..don't have one. Dave Lindsey is who tuned the car for me. I read just fine. Guess you can't buy something from somewhere and have some else tune it huh?? lol. I am just messing with you for the most part, I just don't like it when people try and brake down everything you say. You post started out negitive toward's me....not alot lol. but a little. general impression I got was " water injection works well just don't work as well you as you are saying"
I have no problem with you expressing your opinion.....
Just dont make smart ellect comment's like
Dave Lindsey??? as in Lindsey Racing?? lol. I can hear the condecending voice and everything. You and I both know when I say dave Lindsey who I am talking about and further more you and I both know that he doesnt sell water injection kit's. So why bother with the 3rd grade ask a question to which you already know the answer routine. lol. You are more than welcome to argue or dissagree with what I am saying just don't ask me stupid condecending question's/comment's like Dave Lindsey??? You dont mean Lindsey Racing do you?? lol........ I didn't think he made water injection kit's yada yada yada. Rofl. I fully respect what you are saying I just dont like playing the 3rd grade game. You know what Lindsey sells and so do I ......unless you are honestly going to come back and tell me those where real question's to which you did not know the answer.lol. No I think you know just fine ...you were just trying to be a smart a@#...grats.
Once more over I sincerely don't have any kind of problem with you what-so-ever. Dave tuned my car. and gave me the tools to inprove on his tune with new mods....I got a injection system and turned out didn't need to really do anything due the way it was setup..lol. I made the comment about lindsey tunning my car because you said they are a pita to tune ....at least sometimes....I was trying to point out this isint always the case. Sorry about being a little condecending myself. Hope you accept my upmost apologies.
Oh I will post some pics of one of his kits per request. just give me a little bit
Old 01-30-2004, 08:15 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may sound strange.. but my car runs exactly the same on 110F days as it does on 65F days (with the exception of the oil temps run considerably higher ... at least for now while I'm still using the stock oil cooler).

TonyG
Old 01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me steer this thead back...

I've been checking out the AquaMist water injection systems. Specifically the setup that ties into the injector driver and has a "learning function". Off the top of my head, I think it's the system 2d

What I like about it is that it's not controlled by boost, but rather load (big difference).

Has anybody used this setup?

TonyG
Old 01-30-2004, 08:19 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by TonyG
This may sound strange.. but my car runs exactly the same on 110F days as it does on 65F days (with the exception of the oil temps run considerably higher ... at least for now while I'm still using the stock oil cooler).

TonyG
hmmm that is kinda strange. I remember when I first got my car in the spring when the night's were cool it would run alot better. As the day's got hotter it begain to run hotter and felt slugish at the same boost pressure. I hope that there isint something wrong with my car. It runs fine now with the injection. It feels like a cool night even in the heat of day.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:21 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by TonyG
Let me steer this thead back...

I've been checking out the AquaMist water injection systems. Specifically the setup that ties into the injector driver and has a "learning function". Off the top of my head, I think it's the system 2d

What I like about it is that it's not controlled by boost, but rather load (big difference).

Has anybody used this setup?

TonyG

hmmm I will ask lance
Old 01-31-2004, 12:28 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Porshhhh, no big deal

I just think you were a little over defensive about your system, which is human nature because we want to believe that our mods have a positive effect (I'm not saying that your system doesn't). What I was illustrating, wasn't so much my opinion, but facts that you can get from basic thermodynamics lessons. What are injecting, anyway, and how much?

As far as the Lindsey issue goes, you kinda brought that upon yourself. I was talking about tuning water injection and you connected that with Lindsey. It's posts like yours which confuse things.

Tony,
I have the aquamist system; not the 2d but the simpler system with modifications for my preference.
I don't see where there is big difference between load and boost. You can have load without boost, but if you're on boost that will always be an indication that there is load. When it comes to water injection all we care about is boost because that's what generates heat and higher combustion pressures. Even RPM is not a factor.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:47 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay here are some of the pictures of one of his kit's.
http://members.rennlist.com/porshh95...OBRA%20012.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/porshh95...OBRA%20013.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/porshh95...OBRA%20016.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/porshh95...OBRA%20019.jpg

oh btw turbo tommy no hard feeling's

Quick Reply: Starting New Race Gas Religion