Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cold Start, Hesitation and Throttle Response Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:26 AM
Paul Foster
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cold Start, Hesitation and Throttle Response Issue

I have a problem which has been plaguing me for quite some time. I originally thought it was a connection issue between the throttle position sensor and the DME because it seemed to get better if I messed with it some. But I recently took off the intake manifold and inspected both. I also made sure the connector was firmly locked in place.

The symptoms are as follows: A few times the car has refused to start. Messing with the connection appears to get it going. I also did the same with the air flow sensor connector though. But the more persistent issue is that occasionally the car stumbles on throttle application and the engine refuses to come back to idle while stopping for a traffic light. The former occurs after only driving it for a short time. The latter occurs after driving it for 5 minutes or so, but it goes away after I blip the throttle a few times for a few traffic lights. After that, the car usually works fine.

Has anybody experienced problems like these and know what is causing them?
Old 09-30-2018, 05:11 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 09-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Paul Foster
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is what I suspect as well. But I amhoping someone else had the same symptoms and could verify that was the cause. They are about $250 new and the cheapest used one I can find so far is $150...

Quick Reply: Cold Start, Hesitation and Throttle Response Issue