Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New year, new look, new plans.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 10:26 AM
OzJustin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those upgrades are really coming together Kelly. Nice work on the wing and thanks for documenting the build for us.

I must say I loved reading about your yellow car back in the day but the new sponsored colour-scheme really suits it.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:03 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OzJustin
Those upgrades are really coming together Kelly. Nice work on the wing and thanks for documenting the build for us.

I must say I loved reading about your yellow car back in the day but the new sponsored colour-scheme really suits it.
Thanks, I'm really keen to see how the wing feels this weekend. I'm participating in a 6Hr regularity event at Eastern Creek Sat/Sun. Eastern Creek is where I've really noted the cars understeer behaviour in 2017 and I'm hoping it's resolved now with the square-er tyre widths & increased rake. I'll be running the wing with a low AoA initially to ensure that it doesn't exacerbate the understeer before I increase the splitter/air dam area. I got the Girodiscs on the car earlier this week but not before discovering that the 993 hats I bought from Girodisc do not work with the Big reds I have on the car (The 993 hats are shorter than the hats required to centre the rotors for the 944). Hence I've bought and installed some Lindsey racing hats onto the Girodisc rotors (had to shorten the McLaren floating rotor brass hardware components by about 1mm to achieve that). So .... it will be an interesting weekend and certainly a challenge to stick to a time slower than my PB for the upcoming event considering the car should feel more sorted than it did when I set my PB.

The following users liked this post:
smkn951 (08-07-2020)
Old 03-28-2018, 06:22 AM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by OZ951
Thanks, I'm really keen to see how the wing feels this weekend. I'm participating in a 6Hr regularity event at Eastern Creek Sat/Sun. Eastern Creek is where I've really noted the cars understeer behaviour in 2017 and I'm hoping it's resolved now with the square-er tyre widths & increased rake. I'll be running the wing with a low AoA initially to ensure that it doesn't exacerbate the understeer before I increase the splitter/air dam area. I got the Girodiscs on the car earlier this week but not before discovering that the 993 hats I bought from Girodisc do not work with the Big reds I have on the car (The 993 hats are shorter than the hats required to centre the rotors for the 944). Hence I've bought and installed some Lindsey racing hats onto the Girodisc rotors (had to shorten the McLaren floating rotor brass hardware components by about 1mm to achieve that). So .... it will be an interesting weekend and certainly a challenge to stick to a time slower than my PB for the upcoming event considering the car should feel more sorted than it did when I set my PB.

Sweet mother f... That`s one nice looking 951.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:30 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Car looks fantastic!!!
Old 04-01-2018, 04:56 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The wing and new brakes were put to the test this weekend and delivered a good result with our ladies team taking out the trophy for 1st placed ladies team in the NSW 6 Hour Regularity at Eastern Creek.

Bringing home trophies from her first competition event with the new livery and mods.
The following users liked this post:
smkn951 (08-07-2020)

Quick Reply: New year, new look, new plans.