Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

enough is enough?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, but I learned my lesson. That's part of the reason the 951 is STOCK. The other reason is it's worth more upon resale, and I knew going into this car that I'd be selling after a year~year and a half.

Anymore I can often catch and stop myself from doing unnecessary mods, I destroyed a perfect bike by going all out (bored engine, complete suspension swap, custom exhaust, custom cooling, custom bodywork, etc..). Made the damn thing so tempermental that I just lost all enjoyment of riding the thing. I too enjoy spinng wrenches, but that's now limited to 'project' vehicles and not things I want to use often.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can however attest to the multiple P car option being a good choice. As I say this, all 3 of mine are down. But that's my fault for trying to do paint work on one, clutch in another and a full engine on yet another - all in December (-5 F this morning. . .brrrrrrrrr).

My "Bad-***" car has been down almost a year now and having the stock 951 has taken 90% of the sting out of it. Stockers still have their share of issues that leave you high and dry.

dmoffitt: You have something just short of an exotic supercar in the works and it will cost you in the reliability catagory. The ads in Excellence say that DFASTEST spent $200K on his car to get it putting out the power AND be reliable (!). Well, let's face it, most dont have the option of "fixing it with my checkbook". Still, you have one of only a handfull of listmember cars that I truely lust over - even it it's not running yet. It WILL embarass any S2000 that dares aproach the same stop light

Quick Reply: enough is enough?