Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by threedspeed
MHR - where did you get your seals from? I want to get new or nicer vertical outside ones.
They are quite hard to come by.

I got them off WCFROG as he got a new roof with the seals included so he was willing to sell his old ones. My advice post WTB in all of the forums and keep your eye out for someone who may have some. When I read that WCFROG had got a new roof I asked him if he had seals that he could sell. That is how I got them.

good luck
Old 01-15-2012, 08:30 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Finished off my Speaker project and installed a new back seat as my old one had cracks.

I did not realize that the back seat in the cab is bit deferent then the coup one that I had. There is a cutout in the top centre of the seat for the top pivots that are not in the coupe. So some cutting and spray glue and it looks really good.

Next week I start the dash swap first step remove the old one and use SEM classic coat to paint all of the plastic that has faded to Brown back to a nice Black before I reinstall with the new dash.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a test fitting of the old wheels on the new car. I think I can make them fit without going to flares.
Attached Images           
Old 01-29-2012, 07:35 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Wow they look huge. I guess that is because of the offset.

OT Did you look at the odyssey why you got your sienna. I am deciding between the two of them at the moment and leaning a bit towards the Honda. Any comment?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:26 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

They are pretty big. 11" 295/30 in the rear.

We wanted the extra space in a minivan. The Sienna drives really nice. It was my wife's choice. I was pushing for a Wrangler unlimited Rubicon.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Wahooz
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=azbanks;9230114]They are pretty big. 11" 295/30 in the rear.

Those wheels look great on your cab... are the rears a 45 offset? How do you plan on getting them under w/o flares...are you planning on rolling fenders? Curious as I was contemplating getting the same wheels for my 90 cab but wasn't sure about fitment. Everything I've read on here says 11" rears won't fit but yours looks pretty darn close. Thx
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

[quote=Wahooz;9230863]
Originally Posted by azbanks
They are pretty big. 11" 295/30 in the rear.

Those wheels look great on your cab... are the rears a 45 offset? How do you plan on getting them under w/o flares...are you planning on rolling fenders? Curious as I was contemplating getting the same wheels for my 90 cab but wasn't sure about fitment. Everything I've read on here says 11" rears won't fit but yours looks pretty darn close. Thx
Yes, they are 45 offset.
I rolled the fenders. I used an aluminum bat. I tried the bat method on my 86 turbo and it didn't work. It did work this time. It rolled the lip under and I managed to push the whole fender edge out a little bit. I went real slow and went back over a few spots to roll under and stretch more. I need just a little more space for the rear. I think I can get it with a few more passes of the bat. It is really close.

The tough part is the front. The fronts will need some thin spacers to clear the hub and dust cap. The wheel center hits the dust cap before the lug area hits the hub. The part of the wheel that is supposed to make contact with the hub is about 8-10 mm away from the hub. You need the spacer to fill that gap. You also need the spacers if you want to keep the normal center cap mounting method.

I can take some pictures if my explanation is not clear. I'll let you know how thick the spacers need to be once mine are finished.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Wahooz
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can take some pictures if my explanation is not clear. I'll let you know how thick the spacers need to be once mine are finished.[/QUOTE]

That would be great...thx!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

I got the wheels to fit without rubbing. Several passes with the bat in the rear and 7mm spacers in the front. The center caps do not fit 100% flush in front due to the dust caps but they are very close and you can't tell unless you look very close.
Attached Images      

Last edited by azbanks; 02-28-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM
beater
Track Day

Wow - all of these make mine look like a dog. Could someone pm me or list here the removal procedure for the rear shelf/motor cover for the top motors? I just spent about an hour with mine, and the top is too tight to allow removal of the shelf by just removing the side screws and plastic holders.

Thanks in advance!
j
Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beater
Wow - all of these make mine look like a dog. Could someone pm me or list here the removal procedure for the rear shelf/motor cover for the top motors? I just spent about an hour with mine, and the top is too tight to allow removal of the shelf by just removing the side screws and plastic holders.

Thanks in advance!
j
If you get it can you post it as I would like to take mine out and paint it.

Thanks

Mark
Old 03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
beater
Track Day

Originally Posted by mhr
If you get it can you post it as I would like to take mine out and paint it.

Thanks

Mark
we talking about the same shelf? they are fiber, with a velour like surface. Is your's really faded?

j
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beater
we talking about the same shelf? they are fiber, with a velour like surface. Is your's really faded?

j
Yes same shelf. Mine is faded looks grey.

I just refreshed the rest of my interior and redid all of the plastic and trim pieces with SEM color coat. It is great stuff that is supposed to also work on fabric and carpet so if I had an easy way to remove the shelf I would clean it and then paint it with the SEM product. Just about the last piece in the car interior that doesn't look new.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:01 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Got pics of the shelf?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Actually I got the shelf out just by pulling. 4 or 5 snaps hold it in place. Didn't take pictures sorry.

Went ahead and refinished it with the SEM product and calling the interior project done

Also tightened everything down back there and guess what...Way less rattling coming from the back when the roof is up.

I also did Oil and filter change and fuel filter and hit the road to launch the season. Here is a pic of the refreshed interior with the crack free dash and everything redone in proper black (No faded brown plastic left!!)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet?