Rollers - daughters iPhone camera is too good and doesn't show wheel motion 😢

The following users liked this post:
Tom Pultz (04-21-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Cameronjames
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Thanks herdy. Getting rid of the yellow lenses on older Porsches like 944s and 928s really updates their look.

My current 84 Euro S with clear corner lenses in the foreground and my previous 81 Euro S I also converted in the background (along with clear side markers on that one).

Same on my supercharged 79 but with smoked front & rear side markers to make them disappear into the bodywork
this thing looks wicked fast. Is the 928 game as budget friendly as the 944? Prob not but maybe close?
Old 07-05-2024, 01:04 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,779 Likes on 4,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameronjames
this thing looks wicked fast. Is the 928 game as budget friendly as the 944? Prob not but maybe close?
Interior stuff is what's expensive on the 928s now. The engine stuff is similar to most Porsches unless it's a special model like the cams or heads for a high compression 84-86 Euro model.

I've been working on Porsches and modding then most of my life, so my frame of reference is probably skewed
Old 08-09-2024, 07:03 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,779 Likes on 4,314 Posts

Got a couple cool pics of my son in his 944 S2 last night. The car lights in the dark and the natural blur made a cool effect.

The following users liked this post:
GasPowered (08-13-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 10:58 PM
streetsnake
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Just wrapped up a big week of work on my son's S2 while he was on Spring Break.

Remote Power Door Locks and Hatch Release, new Sony BT stereo, interior powered antenna that actually now has him getting all the radio stations around the area, new lighted shift **** with new leather boot, auto-dimming rearview mirror, new middle dash panel (thanks Elliott Grafton) that now fits flush since the left edge tab isn't broken off, & an auxiliary fuse box to power all these new electronics with individual fuse protection and to not mess with the factory wiring.

Secondary Fuse box for the new electrics. One side is constant 12v and the other switched. Each circuit is individually fused and don't have to mess up the OEM wiring.

Auxiliary Fuse Box mounts with click Velcro up and out of the way.

Remote door lock actuators installed

Lots of wiring fun

Relay used to convert the ground signal from the remote lock controller to a 12v trigger to pop the hatch. Original switch works also.

While running wires from the battery area for the new fuse panel, fixed a small hole with JB Weld then painted the try with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator texture paint and cleared the drain channel.

JP testing out some of the new stuff

New Sony head unit installed and new shift **** and boot. Radio has BT streaming and hands free calling, display colors are customizable to match the interior lighting, shift pattern illuminates red when lights are turned on and the radio dims. Radio is 45 watts RMS and powers the Infiniti Kappa speakers installed by the PO well without amps. Also has an app to customize the settings.

Auto dimming rearview mirror

https://youtu.be/1bNKhnIdZqU?si=5sf14BKWkQDgEYLD
Nice work. I wish I could do electrical like you! I still haven’t figured out how to wire up the ball valve, replacing the 928’s HCV. LOL

Quick Reply: Intro thread - '89 944 S2