Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   928 Wrist watches (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/501897-928-wrist-watches.html)

hacker-pschorr 06-17-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 6658559)
so will my $$:p

Just treat it like a warning light you want to ignore, black piece of tape :p

pcar928fan 06-17-2009 07:28 PM

We are looking for a good band. Probably going with a nice classy leather band that had perforations in it like our seats, but we are also looking at various rubber straps that might mimic a T-belt. Probably more likely to find the perforated leather band than a T-belt style band.

ew928 06-17-2009 08:31 PM

Poking around the internet and this partial ribbed rubber watch strap came up

http://www.strappedfortime.com/images/Img1330.jpg

They've also got wasserproof sharkskin bands.

http://www.strappedfortime.com/images/DSCN3125.JPG

pcar928fan 06-17-2009 08:34 PM

Will forward them on to the maker...good work!

Bill51sdr 06-17-2009 08:50 PM

Shark skin seems somewhat appropriate! :thumbup:

pcar928fan 06-17-2009 09:11 PM

Been informed that the Sharkskin bands tend to not be very comfortable, so we will probably go with a nice looking perforated leather to mimic our seats and then if folks want a different band they can venture out on their own for that. Easy enough to change them out so no biggie.

Since this is a Swiss autowinder we are also working on a deal for those interested in getting a watchwinder along with their watch! For those that have several different watches and HATE having to reset them, the winders are the ONLY way to go! These are top notch Wolf winders too, so keep your fingers crossed that we can make that deal happen as well!

talane 06-19-2009 10:01 AM

This is sounding really good. Let us know when you need an order put together

MGW-Fla 06-20-2009 05:40 PM

bump

pcar928fan 06-20-2009 07:58 PM

Waiting on a couple of pics so you can see where we are at. Gonna post a nice shot of the face we have submitted to Laco, as well as the "normal" exhibition back (we will have one with custom engraving for our watches so it won't be exact) and the band we will be using (perforated leather to mimic the "standard" seat in a 928).

When I have those pics you will see them here! Things are progressing nicely. We are still trying to decide exactly what we will do for packaging to make that special as well! The normal Laco box is pretty damn nice though, I can tell you that now!

All this quality and attention to detail will be YOURS for $495!!! While that is not cheap, you won't find any other watch of this quality with a Swiss automatic movement for anything like this price! We have been VERY FORTUNATE on all of this and I am thankful for the handful of folks who have helped make this a reality! How do I know it is a reality when I have not even seen a prototype yet? Money has been sent and we have commitment on the complete design from Germany! YEE HA!

I WILL have the Prototype at OCIC, but probably no production models for a few weeks after that. I will also have my finished DVD project on hand as well as an example (but probably not the finished product) for another 928 project I am rolling with now... This being out of work stuff has really given me the chance to work on some projects that have been in my head for a long time! NICE! Now lets hope I have a job by September when all of this is done and finished!

pcar928fan 06-21-2009 01:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the watch face without hands...

Then the watch band...though we are looking for a band with more and smaller holes and slightly less grain to better emulate the "standard" 928 seat.

The exhibition back is what we will have but the engraving will be specific to our Limited Edition 928 watch!

The final pic is what the hands will look like (though we are still discussing the second hand...)

Hope you guys enjoy. Oh, on the exhibition back pic you can see what the standard crown looks like...we are still trying to get a "piston" as the crown, but even if we can't this one is pretty nice!

hacker-pschorr 06-21-2009 01:29 AM

Hot damn that is nice - now to find a way to sneak $500 away from the wife :p

Do you have a low interest payment plan?:roflmao:

pcar928fan 06-21-2009 01:53 AM

LOL! No plan, you will have to work that out with various creditors on your own! This watch would normally retail (and will after the first orders are filled) for $695! Frankly I hope we sell all 150 of them in the first round and don't have any left to sell at the $695 price. Laco is not happy we are selling this bad boy for $495 though let me tell you! They are happy to sell us watches, but they don't like folks giving their stuff away when virtually all the other folks selling the auto watches are getting over $600 for them!

No doubt this is going to be one nice bit of wrist candy!

ew928 06-21-2009 08:42 AM

Will the bands be offered in close to Porsche leather colors? Just curious.

The two I can think of that's closely related to a winding crown is the remote hatch release pull knob and the fan speed adjust knob.

RKD in OKC 06-21-2009 09:04 AM

If you made the crown look like a dash knob you would HAVE to engrave watch hands on the flat portion similar to the icons on the dash knobs to show what it operates. :)

pcar928fan 06-21-2009 04:48 PM

Ernest,
Only black as far as I know... I mean we could take this way out there but it would just get more and more expensive. You might be able to source a band in a particular color if you looked around though.

RKD, I like the knob idea! Very cleaver! I say use the fan speed knob!