Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   while we were sleeping, missed this '93 GTS, 27K, $23,500! (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/315617-while-we-were-sleeping-missed-this-93-gts-27k-23-500-a.html)

tdelarm 12-12-2006 03:32 PM

Kiet,

In this one case, I think I might have paid the $300 and quietly laughed all the way home in my new 27K low miler nice looking ride :icon107:

So is it still for sale?

Giovanni 12-12-2006 03:32 PM

"Now you sound like me quoting interest rates to clients."

tv 12-12-2006 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by tdelarm

So is it still for sale?

See my post above or call 617-666-4100

ok gio

OpusX67 12-12-2006 03:38 PM

Tim, you are absolute right but I don't really need the car and they pissed me off.

The car is still for sale. Supposingly another dealership had offer them $27k also.

tv 12-12-2006 03:55 PM

I hate car dealers. I just got off the phone with the dealership, he just stated again it has sold and now to a local guy and he did mention a dealer offered 3K over but that it has sold at the orig asking price. He also stated they had over 200 calls from around the country because they priced it to low.

Edit: Now that I think of it, the minute anyone baled on their deal they had a long line of takers not to mention a dealer that wanted to pay extra. This was the proverbial hot cake in red.

Jim bailey - 928 International 12-12-2006 04:31 PM

And WHY would anyone believe ANYTHING that the salesmen say ?

tdelarm 12-12-2006 04:52 PM

Tim, you are absolute right but I don't really need the car and they pissed me off.
I hear ya and can relate to standing behind one’s principal. That's cool :rockon:

I really haven’t given this car’s “deal” much thought but…I would guess by now the dealership has had enough interest that they are now on the ride of cockiness, perhaps, and the car may not be as much fun to acquire now as it would have been before all the calls and interest. Wasn’t a “friend” of the dealer getting this car?

Let’s see…93 GTS VERY LOW MILES, apparently pristine condition (based on photos), acquired as a trade in (probably the lowest of blue book value given), dealer expecting to make a small profit but now has their radar engaged…

The timing and color is wrong for me (I like red but it gets me into trouble) but I’ll follow this one. Wonder what it’s history is?

danglerb 12-12-2006 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jim bailey - 928 International
And WHY would anyone believe ANYTHING that the salesmen say ?

Maybe his lips weren't moving, thats usually what I go by.

danglerb 12-12-2006 05:06 PM

Everybody is excited and ready to go when the car isn't available, funny how that changes when its time to pony up the money. ;) I know I do it all the time.

Charley B 12-12-2006 05:22 PM

Dan - You have identified the MYSTERY of Rennlist.

tv 12-12-2006 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by danglerb
Everybody is excited and ready to go when the car isn't available, funny how that changes when its time to pony up the money. ;) I know I do it all the time.

I don't know about anybody else, but this looked to me like the car that would break the rule. It seemed the perfect investment and I would have taken a little drive to inspect it.

danglerb 12-12-2006 05:56 PM

Time is money, good deals don't wait, and there lies the risk. Despite all that has been said, we all know this car could still be a poor value if the PPI came up with anything really nasty.

Chuck Z 12-12-2006 06:02 PM

Lose a deal over $300? I'm not sure I'd call that principal......

You guys are kidding about the wholesale value right and don't really believe those numbers do you? This car is (if it as nice as they say it is) easily worth High $30k's!

...btw, I put the car on my site they didn't.

SteveG 12-12-2006 06:09 PM

What Chuck said. I will add, it sounds like there was more than a little ego holding this up. Or "You really didn't need the car". Either way, the car IMHO is worth more than 27, BUT, they wanted to move it, so they did. They could hold it all winter and get 35 in the Spring, or maybe not, but apparently they didn't have the space.

tdelarm 12-12-2006 06:33 PM

Agreed chuck, but I'm guessing in reality Keit simply didn't need or want the car so that was an easy out. Fair enough.

I think this car would fall well into the high $30K. That's why I said it would be way fun to grab it in the mid $20K. But, again, it's not my time or color (with me red = tickets for some reason)

Who was the lucky one to get your GTS...a fellow Rennlister?